“Getting away with my dogs.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boca de Tomatlan
Casa de los Artistas
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

I work too many hours and Monday is my day off. I love yo bring my dogs to boca. It is a small beach. My dogs are safe and free to run. I try a new resto weekly and each one gas been good. There are only a handful of them. More water taxis than restos. Love the place

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank sylviakimleslie

Reviewed 22 July 2016

I read all the glowing reviews and couldn't wait to experience the Casa, but my experience and my fellow travelers experience fell far short of the previously posted reviews. There are only two guest bedrooms in the Casa. If you aren't lucky to get one of those you have to walk a dirt, rocky path that is strewn with trash, dog feces, and the smell of urine to get back to your room. With the condition of the trail and the conditions on the trail, tennis shoes or closed toed shoes are a must. That kind of trail isn't "quaint". I wish someone had mentioned the tranquility of the day and night were ruined by loud, thumping music playing in the village all day until 2 or 3am. When the music stopped then you could hear the barking of the numerous loose dogs running all over the island. Earplugs or white music app is a must if you want to sleep. The guest artist was fantastic. The food was good and plentiful. As an ending note, I polled everyone in the workshop and although all had been to previous art workshops, no one said they would return to this one.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank LR1905
Reviewed 13 March 2015

Bob and Monica create a warm and welcoming space to learn, connect and relax. They provide everything you need to nourish and grow. I highly recommend a trip to La Casa to experience the beauty of La Boca!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2015

I recently spent a week as Casa de Los Artistas for a week of watercolor classes with Tom Lynch....I knew that the instruction would be great as i had taken a workshop with Tom in Spring 2014. But what I got in Boca was so much more.....Bob Masla has created a unique place for artists to retreat and learn with other artists/teachers. Bob is not only the host but also an artist and his insight was certainly invaluable. His passion was not just the art but for Boca de Tomatlan and the surrounding areas....we all felt the love.

I stayed a a sister hotel for my room but mornings through evenings were spent at the Casa for meals, art and comraderie. A special shout out to Ruby and her staff -- they prepared terrific meals for us - fresh and flavorful.

I highly recommend the Casa for an art escape and adventure.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Casa de Los Artistas utterly transcended any expectations. We felt immersed in the environment and at the same time totally taken care of. The food was amazing and the area lovely. Best vacation ever.

Room Tip: All the rooms have airy balconies. There can be noise from the town, though.