We stayed at Diamante for 2 weeks with another family, totalling 4 adults and 4 children under 5. The apartment was spotlessly clean and was perfect for two families. The pool and the views from the pool area are spectacular. We also loved the outdoor eating area and the garden which is meticulously maintanied.
Lierna itself is a small lakeside town, which although catering for tourists (like the whole of Lake Como) tends to have mainly Italian and European visitors. We felt very welcomed and besides one trip to a larger supermarket, Lierna had everything we needed for our stay (the Butcher, Bakery, Pizzeria and Gelati shop were all fantastic). The restuarant by the ferry stop is also recommended. You can catch the ferry from Lierna or from nearby Varenna and it is centrally located on the east side.
A couple of things to consider about this accomodation:
- you share the pool with the family (in practice this really wasn't an issue for us, they only used it on the weekends and we were often out sightseeing);
- The apartment is alongside the munipical recycling plant. There was no noticable odour coming from the plant. However every Wed and Sat morning the locals all drive up there to dump their recycling and a recycling truck comes about once or twice a week.
- Privacy - the gardeners seemed to be tending to the garden almost daily, with this, the owners family sharing the pool & cars queueing at the recycling plant on Wed and Sat who could see into the pool area, at times the apartment and especially the pool weren't as private as I would have liked.
- The cost of natural gas - we were shocked to find out the cost of gas at the end of our 2 week stay, it was approximately 230 euro! The owner keeps the pool temperature at around 30 degrees day and night (totally unneccessary in an Italian summer) and you have to pay for the gas to heat the pool. I would suggest that you negotiate the cost of the gas or the temperature of the pool prior to your visit. (Electricity is additional too but this was only about 50 euros which we expected).
- We suggest you do a shop before arriving as the owners provide nothing in the apartment other than toilet paper eg no soap, washing liquid etc.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|