“Exceptional food”

Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Deruta
Price range: US$34 - US$51
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: CLOSED ON MONDAY In their warm manner the Rodella family welcomes guests into this ancient building where huge beams, brick arches and wonderful views all lend a special atmosphere. Garden with its flowers and scents and the picturesque swimming pool overlook the wide Tiber River valley. Restaurant offers a blend of traditional and creative cooking resulting in mouth-watering dishes that complement perfectly the atmospheric dining room or the summer terrace for lunch or for dinner by candlelight.
Reviewed 3 March 2015

It isn't often in Italy that you get something a bit more than traditional but this was it and it was fantastic, The dishes had a modern twist, were beautifully presented and tasted wonderful. Service was charming. We will be back!

1  Thank Fiona B
Samuele R, Proprietario at Ristorante L'Antico Forziere, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2015

Dear Mrs. Fiona,
thank you for the review about the restaurant, we appreciated so much you spent your precious time to review either the restaurant either the hotel. I hope to meeting you soon so you can experience any other dishes my brothers will prepare in our new seasonal menu.

Reviewed 16 February 2015

The food was both beautifully cooked and presented. The service was excellent and the wine list catered for all budgets. The desserts were a work of art. All in all it offers excellent value for money and is of a much higher standard than the majority of traditional restaurants in the area.

1  Thank jen20132013
Samuele R, Proprietario at Ristorante L'Antico Forziere, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2015

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and I hope you will come back soon to prove our new seasonal dishes we will prepare from next week. To discover them I suggest to you to visit our new website anticoforziere.com.
Thanks again for all, I really hope to meeting you again soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2014

We were hoping to go to a favorite restaurant for lunch in the area to celebrate my husbands' birthday, but it was closed. I clicked the Trip Advisor App and found L'Antico Forziere, and we were on our way.
This is a beautiful place, up a gravel road, and the interior has been beautifully restored. The food is amazing, from the starters, to the dessert, we were in awe of the presentation, the taste, and the balance of flavors. The service was 5 star, without being pretentious or hovering.

1  Thank fooddr
Samuele R, Proprietario at Ristorante L'Antico Forziere, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2014

Thank you very much for your wonderful review about L'Antico Forziere and thank you very much also for the pictures you published on it. I 'm very happy to know we satisfied your expectations and I hope in the future you will have our restaurant as a choise for a lunch or a dinner.
Thanks again for all, I really hope to meeting you soon again.

Samuele Rodella
L'Antico Forziere

Reviewed 29 September 2014

Went here once for dinner and once for lunch. Wonderful family restaurant (and hotel). Pasta with anchovies was terrific. Great quality and value.

Samuele R, Proprietario at Ristorante L'Antico Forziere, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2014

Thank you very you spent your time to write a review about our restaurant and thank you again for your two meals with us, we appreciated it a lot.
I hope to meeting you soon to discover any our new dishes.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

We come to Italy every year, and discovered L'Antico Forziere on this trip. The only complaint we have is that we didn't discover it before now. Without question, this was one of the best meals we've had, EVER. We ate lunch here, and every dish was unique and delicious. The chef and her/ his staff are culinary artists. They used ingredients in creative ways, and we could find absolutely no fault with anything. Service was impeccable. And then, we have the desserts. Normally, I'm not much of a dessert person, but OMG. They were works of art (literally), and tasted even better. Don't miss this place, if you're within 150 km (or more).

Thank you for your meal in our restaurant, I'm happy you appreciated so much our dishes and our service. I hope now, after you discovered us, you will come back soon to experience other new dishes.
Thanks again for all, I wait for you soon.

L'Antico Forziere