8 people are viewing this hotel
TravelocityUS$816
FindHotelUS$816
Trip.comUS$816
2,955 results
All reviews george v afternoon tea horseback riding hawk walk once in a lifetime dining room like royalty falconry school front gate boat tour bucket list high tea drawing room lough corrib prince of wales irish wolf hounds quiet man
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2022 via mobile

I want to thank the excellent staff at Ashford Castle, especially Michaela Brits and her crew.

Deplaning in Dublin, we discovered that the controls on my husband’s electric wheelchair had been destroyed by the aircraft crew. We faced a week of curtailed experiences at Ashford.

Michaela and Allen took the chair to their workshop, and we had it back later that day, fully restored. We cannot thank them enough for rescuing our holiday.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Niall Rochford, General Manager at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2022

Dear roberthW2603GI,

Thank you for your kind and lovely words after your recent stay with us at Ashford Castle. It is a pleasure to read that Michaella and Alan had such an incredible impact on your stay and assisted with your husband's wheelchair.

Please know that I have shared your comments with the team, Michaella and Alan in particular, and thanked them for their outstanding work seen each day here at Ashford Castle.

I hope to welcome you both back to Ashford Castle in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2022

Our stay at Ashford Castle was my families best experience ever! All five of us enjoyed it immensely and cannot wait to return again. My youngest son summed it up when he said "everything is just perfect here! He especially loved the morning walk with Cronin and Garvan and eating at the Dungeon! The people of Ashford and attention to details were amazing! What a magical place where we made memories forever!

Room tip: All the rooms were special and unique!
Date of stay: August 2022
Niall Rochford, General Manager at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2022

Dear keadyp,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your review after your recent stay with us at Ashford Castle. It is so lovely to read that you and your family found your time with us to be magical. Your son has a wonderful catchphrase for the Castle, and I am delighted that he enjoyed the morning walks with the wolfhounds as well.

I hope that we will welcome you back to Ashford Castle for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed 11 August 2022

Our first ever trip overseas was a two-week trip to Ireland which began in Dublin and a visit to relatives in County Meath and ended with a spectacular five-night stay at Ashford Castle. The entire staff was unfailingly polite and accommodated us completely. We were truly made to feel welcome. The service in the George V Dining Room was extraordinary and the Food and Beverage Manager himself made it a point to come to our table and introduce himself and ensure our meal was everything we had hoped for. We also enjoyed a wonderful meal in The Dungeon where we served by terrific wait staff and where we met and had wonderful conversation with a couple from Belgium who were staying at Ashford as well. The pool at Ashford defines luxury and Mave (the Spa Attendant) was a wonderful host. The room attendants that serviced our room (both in the morning and at turndown) - particularly Carla and Juline - were attentive to our every request and fastidious, thorough and discrete in their work. Finally (and sadly) when it came time to depart our friends who had guided us to the golf course, took us on an Irish Wolfhound walk, and taught us a bit of falconry, the Concierge Laura spent a substantial amount of her time dealing with Aer Lingus and their technical staff resolving some IT issues the airline was having that enabled us to facilitate the check in and boarding process when we arrived at Dublin Airport early on a Sunday morning. Both my wife and I look forward to a return visit to Ashford and a reunion with our friends there. And while I know this review reads like it was written by Ashford's public relations department, I assure you we don't work for Ashford and we unhesitatingly and enthusiastically recommend this venue for anyone making the trip back home.

Room tip: Our room was on the third floor facing south and had a glorious view of Lough Corrib
Date of stay: July 2022
1  Thank PhilipK663
Niall Rochford, General Manager at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2022

Dear PhilipK663,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to leave a wonderful review after your recent long stay with us at Ashford Castle.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the service from the staff, particularly Meabh, Carle, Juline and Laura who all assisted and accommodated your requests during your stay. Please know that I have shared your comments with the team and they are delighted to read such amazing and positive feedback.

I am glad that you also had the opportunity to enjoy the falconry and the wolfhound walk as well as the pool at the Spa.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another long stay with us at Ashford Castle.

Reviewed 10 August 2022

I have stayed at Ashford Castle many times, and always look forward to returning, when visiting Ashford I always bring my dog, as it is a really pet friendly hotel, and pet sitting services are available when needed, and staff always do a great job looking after Holly.

service and food are always excellent , loads of options for food, the drawing room menu is very good, I always enjoy having Oysters and Guinness on the patio when weather is good, and enjoyed dinner in the George V. Breakfast is always good also.
The Irish Coffee at Ashford Castle is the best I have had.

the pool in the Spa is excellent, and the rooms are always very nice and comfortable.

loads to see and do in Cong, from Boating / Fishing on the lake , to walks through the woods, horse riding, clay shooting, archery.

thanks to all the staff at Ashford Castle, for a memorable holiday,

Date of stay: July 2022

Dear JLOW75,

Thank you for your wonderful review after another memorable stay at Ashford Castle with Holly.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the service and food from the different restaurants at the Castle, as well as the relaxation pool and your comfortable room. I am delighted that the Irish Coffee was the best you have ever had, and that you also enjoyed the other tasty options on offer at Ashford Castle.

Your comments have been shared amongst everyone here and it provides the team with a real sense of motivation to read such lovely feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Ashford Castle in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2022 via mobile

Our daughters gave us a gift of afternoon tea at Ashford Castle. We chose to go today, Wednesday 10th August, 2022. The drive to Cong was exceptional with wonderful scenery in glorious sunshine.

We had booked for 3.30pm. We were looking forward to this experience. Sadly, for us, it was a case of the emperor’s new clothes! At an eye-watering charge, we sampled the tiny sandwiches followed by tiny pastries. My husband has a sweet tooth but even he did not enjoy the over-sweet pastries. Myself, I prefer savoury so after one pastry I declined any further sampling. Finally, scones arrived with the usual jam and clotted cream. I did have one of these.

All in all, a great disappointment. I guess one is paying for the ambience of the place. But with Americans running about in shorts and tee shirts, it was not quite what I had expected. I’m from Dublin but have lived in Connemara for many years now. To conclude, I will not be returning to Ashford Castle any time soon.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bestofthebunch

Dear Bestofthebunch,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you kindly for your feedback after your recent stay with us at Ashford Castle.

I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your Afternoon Tea experience as this is usually one of the most enjoyed experiences. I believe that once the team were aware of a preference for savoury sandwiches that more sandwiches were offered.

I will certainly share this feedback with our Executive pastry chef and his team who work incredibly hard to curate an Afternoon Tea with finger sandwiches and delicate pastries for all of our guests to enjoy a traditional Afternoon Tea.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Ashford Castle.

Warmest regards,