“Tea & Chowder”

The Crowe's Nest Bar
Ranked #8 of 13 Restaurants in Cong
Price range: US$6 - US$41
Cuisines: Bar
Description: We are a bar/bistro in the centre of Cong Village. We provide a varied range of food from early morning until late evening. We pride ourselves on quick and attentive service and welcome everybody into the Crowe's Nest and want them to have an enjoyable experience with us.
Reviewed 20 June 2018

A pot of tea here at the Crowe's Nest was lifesaving. The chowder was delicious, and chock full of all kinds of seafood, not "seafood surprise" at all, at all. Nice staff there, and they had their hands full with wedding party people coming in and out as well. We sat at the bar and just soaked in the atmosphere.
Thanks for such as welcoming time and couple of hours.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

This is a great pub with excellent food and service and as a tour guide and driver I have been bringing clients here for several years. However, on Sat June 16th I reserved a table for 6 guests and myself. I parked my mini-bus outside and as it was a tight squeeze I hadn’t realised that I was not quite flush so that any lorry or large vehicle would have difficulity getting past. We all make mistakes and I would be the first to admit that I was in the wrong. I brought my clients on a walk about around Cong before lunch and when I entered the pub a female staff member whom I had never met went off on a rant, shouting at the top of her voice that I needed to move my bus immediately. This was in front of my clients who were clearly embarrassed and taken aback. I tried to deflect by asking where our table was and said I would move my bus forward slightly which I was able to do as the car in front had left. When I walked back in I said to the staff member that I didn’t appreciate being spoken to like that especially in front of clients and the proper way to have handled the situation would have been to discreetly take me to one side when I arrived and ask me to move my bus. I also told her that I bring guests in here on a regular basis. She continued to shout at me in front of other patrons. I told her that she really needed to calm down and walked away so she wouldn’t continue. This was a very unpleasant experience especially for my clients who were on the first day of a 6 day tour with me around Ireland. Not the sort of Fáilte they were expecting especially as I had highly recommended your place. Thankfully this woman disappeared for the remainder of our lunch and the girl who served us was her usual pleasant and efficient self. This woman really needs a crash course in good Customer Service. I would be reluctant to return based on this unnecessary outburst. Regards, Cian.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

This is a great pub, local sports were on the TV and the food and drinks were excellent. Perfect for our family arriving late in the afternoon. Comfortable and relaxing.

Michael C, Owner at The Crowe's Nest Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thanks so much for your lovely review. Best regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely meal at the crowes nest bar and the service was quick and extremely friendly. They were very accommodating with us and our dog.

Michael C, Owner at The Crowe's Nest Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Thank you for your lovely review and we are always happy to oblige our customers if we can at all. Hope you will come back to see us again? Best regards

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Food was always well prepared Bar and wait staff great Thankyou to Padraigh for being so nice and friendly

Michael C, Owner at The Crowe's Nest Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Passed this on to Padraig Cheryl and he said you were a delight to serve!!