US$250
US$462
US$410
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$210
Hotels.com
US$284
US$275
Hotels.com
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
US$329
US$288
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$327/night.

Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$204
  • Beachfront
11,717 results
All reviewsmartini barhealth barswim up roomsanta fesand bagscasita sectionk teamfuentes poolla isla poolour honeymoonoutdoor showerroom serviceswing bargreenhouse tourpersonal conciergewine pairingjo jos
Reviewed 23 October 2006

My husband and I were married at EDR on October 7, 2006. We were at the resort from October 3-13 and just LOVED the place. I have traveled a great deal and while I knew I would like the place, I never imagined I would love it as much as I did. From the second we got there, the staff worked to make sure our stay was perfect in every way. This place is heaven on earth

Food: We loved the food. Our favorite was the Italian place, but we really did like every place we went and we REALLY loved room service. It was fast and always really yummy. At dinner, things tend to be a bit slow but that is sort of nice when you are on vacation. You just sit back and relax and they bring you all this beatiful food. The portions were sometimes small but if you order all the different courses that are offered, there is no way not to be full and they will always bring you more. The staff in every place we ate would bend over backwards to please each and every person in the place. We has no trouble getting reservations at the places we wanted to eat at. We did make them early and we did not mind that process at all. Knowing that each night we were going to eat at a different place was something fun to look forward to.

Room: We were in a swim up casita. It was just out of this world. Because it was our wedding we went all out and did not mind spending the money. We had wedding guests staying in all different room groupings though so we really go to see what the differences in rooms were. All of the rooms were so very nice. I would have been happy in any of them The biggest difference in the casitas is the pool system rather than the rooms themselves. The casitas do have outdoor showers and are bigger but the really nice part is having the more private pool that goes along with each casita section. For each group of 15-20 casitas, there is a pool that goes along with them. Each of these pools has their own swim-up bar and we had soooo much fun in this pool. we met wonderful people who were also staying in our casita section and just really loved how nice it was to just sort of fall out of our room and into a pool that was tons of fun but not in any way overrun with people. I may have loved the main pool too, but because we loved our pool in the casitas, we never went there. It was also nice having a relationship with the bar tender in your pool area. Over our 10 days, we got to know our bar tender well and he really took care of us (Julio ROCKS!!!!!!). He knew which music we liked the best and he knew the drinks we liked and he made sure we never had an empty glass. We were in the 28 section of the casitas so if you want Julio, that is where you will find him. The only thing that we did not love is that from the swim up casitas, you can not see the ocean. You can hear it, but because you are on the first floor, there is no ocean view. From the second floor casitas, there is a great ocean view.

Wedding: The wedding saff at the resort worked super hard to make sure that everything on our day was perfect and it was just that, PERFECT. I got my hair done at the resort and I loved it and I loved the flowers that I ordered as well. Everything was taken care of and done just how we had asked. We were thrilled.

This has gotten too long so I will stop now, but I just have to say, this place is amazing. We loved it and so did all of our wedding guests. It was really a great place with a wonderful staff.

9  Thank 2BV
Reviewed 23 October 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed @ EDR Oct 6-20 2006 in an Ocean Front Jacuzzi Junior Suite.
Check in was quick and we received a glass of champagne to welcome us - very nice start to our vacation! We had to provide a credit card on which a charge of 500 USD was taken as a damage deposit - fully refunded at end of stay as long your room is left as you found it!
Beautiful resort although we were disappointed with the beach, sand was rocky and the giant sand dunes in the surf did ruin the otherwise gorgeous ocean view.
We were located next to the health bar and pool which was lovely, this was the quietest pool and we were always guaranteed sunbeds.
Our room was beautiful couldn’t really ask for anything more - huge comfy bed and great shower!!
We didn’t experience any problems with making dinner reservations and got all the times we asked for.
The food was good, but by the second week we were tiring of 'a la carte' - a couple of nights when we just wanted to chill we ordered from room service.
Having said that my boyfriend absolutely loved the buffet breakfast at Cocotal which cannot be faulted!!
And we loved Kampai - beautiful food in a gorgeous location!
Tipping we found to be a slightly confusing issue - some staff seemed to expect it while others didn't - we concluded in the end to tip those who did provide us with excellent service because we didn’t always.........our night at La Fondue was a nightmare service-wise!!
Apart from that the staff were great; maid service was brilliant although the time they choose to clean your room varies from day to day - we returned from breakfast to find the room clean on one occasion while on another we returned from the beach at 4pm to find it still un-done.
Through our concierge we booked a shopping trip to Cancun using the free transportation which is nice thing to do one afternoon, we were asked to vote whether we wanted to visit the souvenir area or the brand named malls - the majority opted for souvenirs which I have to say I didn’t agree with! - looking around souvenir stores for 5hrs doesn’t appeal to me so we caught a taxi to 'La Isla Mall' which is well worth a visit - it has an Aquarium, a great Starbucks were you can drink your coffee while overlooking the ocean and plenty of perfume stores which are all tax free.
We also visited Playa Del Carmen via taxi; found this area more authentic Mexico than the Americanised Cancun. Another enjoyable afternoon trip.
The jewellery store in the main lobby had some beautiful pieces and I was a frequent visitor! My suitcase on the way home included a few new sparkley items!!
As a young couple (23/25) we didn’t find there was enough going on for us on the resort itself, this can be remedied by off complex excursions but bear in mind these trips are at extra cost - by paying for All Inclusive you can come here with minimal spending money and have a lovely time but that limits you to sunbathing, swimming and the few non-motor water activities provided - anything else you fancy doing will cost extra.
Check out was straightforward - keep hold of all your room keys, towel cards and safe keys as any losses will be charged to you.
Check out is at 12 noon (unless you request late check out at 3pm costing 75.00 USD). Our pick up time wasn’t until 5.30pm and we did not think the extra 3hrs in the room was worth 75 bucks so instead left our luggage in the storage room and took with us to the beach showering stuff and travelling clothes - we were able to use the Spa facilities to get ready at the last minute so not a moment of that preciously last day was wasted! Spa showers and changing area were brilliant.
Our stay @ EDR was enjoyable and very relaxing, if what you want from a holiday is to relax in the sun by day, enjoy luxurious food and just want your bed when the sun goes down then this is the place for you!
I have to say though that we won't be going back - as lovely as EDR is our experience there has shown us that we'd like a little more choice on our next holiday.

18  Thank Missfee
Reviewed 22 October 2006

My husband and I travelled to Playa in Sept. and spent one week right in Playa at the Shangri-la Caribe ( fantastic place, check it out) and our second week at EDR .We were booked into the Casita section and were put in an upper level one with a great view of the ocean. The room itself was great with a lot of amenities such as pillow menu, aroma therapy , turn down service, fridge that was stocked daily with water juices and of course beer.
We arrived at our room to find a chilled bottle of champagne sitting by the jet tub and a plate of fruit. While soaking in the tub you look out over the beautiful grounds and of course the ocean. There is also another full bathroom with tub and shower and an out door shower. It was fantastic having a shower out side under the stars.
Each casita has a concierge to make you dinner reservations or help you with anything else you may want. Thanks to Gabby for all her help.There are seven restaurants in which you need to have dinner reservatioins for. We never had a problem with this, although we had trouble finding something on the menu that we liked. Way to fancy for us. Jo Jo's by the beach wasn't bad. Cocatal and Mexican were ok. Breakfast however was fantastic at Cocatal where you could get a buffet of pretty much every breakfast item you can think of . There is an omelette station where you can get eggs any way you like. They even have bottles of champage open for breakfast. Room service is also great for breakfast.or lunch. Make sure you get the latest Room Service Menu, cause it has a better selection than the old one we started off with.
This is a very large resort and there are a lot of things that are not that convenient when you are in the 2900 section. I would recomend trying to get something closer to the main lobby. There are pools in each casita section but most of the restaurants and the two main pools, giftshops , activities etc. are all surrounding the main lobby. There is a shuttle service that takes you back and forth on the back way, but you seem to spend a lot of time waiting for it. Some of the drivers were fantastic others not so friendly.
We were at this resort on an RCI exchange. The RCI reps on site were very uninformed and misleading. Please double check everything with the concierge from the resort., they are stationed in booths in each section . We saved the price of the Romantic Dinner by going through the resort rather than RCI and did not have to take the Timeshare spiel.
The beach here is terrible , very rocky, they have huge sand bags all over to try and break the waves which wouldn't be so bad but the beach itself is so uneven you can't walk it. It appeared to be under construction or something. The best part of the beach was the Beach Bed under the palapa roof. The beach back by the main pool area was better.There are so many other places to go in this area and the beaches are wonderful. So if you are a beach person this is not the place for you. We did not swim in the ocean here as it was hard to navigate over the rocks, coral and the whales (sand bags).
Most of the guests seemed to be in their 20's or 30's and on their honeymoon. We are 50ish and were feeling some what out of place.
The Bartenders in the Casita section were great and service only got better after a 20 peso tip. The room was very nice and the attendant made a different towel creation every day. The workers work hard at maintaining the grounds and were always planting somethng it seemed. A tip was deserved by most of the workers we encountered with the exception of some of the shuttle drivers who lacked people skills.
All in all we had a good time but we won't return here as the resort is just to spread out , food for supper is not great unless you are into gourmet and the beach is awful.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
15  Thank mayansunloungers4
Reviewed 21 October 2006

We stayed at EDR from October 8 to October 15/06. This was by far the nicest resort I have EVER been to. People who write negative reviews are out of their minds!!

The food was awesome. With eight restaurants you have a wide selection.

The room (Casita 2809) was absolutely beautiful.

The resort itself was beautiful, peaceful and quite.

I can honestly say nothing bad about our trip. I would recommend this resort to anyone and everyone and would absoolutely go back.

15  Thank Bump30
Reviewed 20 October 2006

My husband and I have just returned this week from a glorious 2 weeks at EDR. We don't usually go all inclusive for fear that we would get fed up eating the same old buffet day after day, and would be happy to escape at the end of the holiday. This was certainly not the case with EDR. One of the main reasons we chose the resort was because all the food was a la carte and that there was a good choice of restaurants.

From the moment we arrived we knew that this place was special, which was what we were hoping for as we were celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary during our stay. The beautiful reception, glass of sparkling wine and swift check in was welcomed after the long flight.

We booked a garden view room after much deliberation whether to spend the extra on a Casita. After reading other reviews we were a bit worried that we had made the wrong choice but our room was lovely. We were in block 14 which had a really nice view and everything was really close by. We had bought the anniversary package from the hotels own website before we left which was good value at $165. We got a kingsize bed, fruit, sparkling wine and flowers in the room - a lovely towel arrangement every day and a candlelight dinner on the beach all included. The only negative point about the room was the smell of damp when we arrived, and that our clothes felt a bit damp after they were hanging in the wardrobe. A minor point as we were out most of the time.

We ate in all the restaurants and reservations were easy to make. We visited the concierge on the night we arrived and made all the reservations for the first week. My only advice would be to book the second week early to get more choice, and try all the restaurants as each one is a very different experience. We loved El Cocotal for breakfast with the huge buffet. You can have everything from a bloody mary, chicken tandoori, to chocolate fondue !!!! Of course you can have a normal breakfast too if you want !

We had the candlelit dinner on the beach which I would highly recommend as it was really romantic and they even put a special message on our dessert to wish us a happy anniversary !

There was no time to be bored as the activities team were great. We enjoyed tennis lessons, water aerobics, beach and water volleyball and rifle shooting. They also did bike tours and salsa lessons but we opted out of those to laze by one of the many pools. In the evenings the entertainment was good with an excellent circus show and house band.

I would highly recommend this resort as it exceeded our expectations even after reading review after review before we left. The staff always had a cheery 'hola' and the service in every restaurant and bar was excellent. We never had an empty glass during our whole stay as the staff were so attentive ! We like to try different places but EDR was so good that we are seriously considering going back !

26  Thank schumilover