6,912 results
All reviewswave poollazy riverstar friendskids clubswim up barseafoodice creamcajun restaurantspecialty restaurantsplaya del carmenel fogonjambalayaother resortsfamily vacationmain buffetdinner reservationstacos
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This vacation was my first out of country experience since childhood and I wanted to ensure that my family had an excellent time.

That being said, I had no experience with Mexico prior to this, nor did I have any local friends with children to give recommendations for family resorts. So, off to the internet I went.

I found Paraiso Lindo after an exhausting search and felt that it met all of my wants:

- Family suites
- Multiple restaurants
- Family entertainment
- Kids areas
- Spa
- Ocean sailing (Hobie Cat)

Iberostar met, and exceeded most if not all of our expectations.

They provided excellent meal offerings although as many have stated before, make reservations early. Downloading the Iberostar app made things seamless for us. On a couple of nights we just cancelled our a la carte reservations because we wanted to eat the buffet, which requires no reservation and was excellent on all fronts.

We did find it difficult to get a spot by the pool if we didn't go down early but we respected the rules about holding spots (which you are not supposed to do but is an unenforced policy) and always had relatively convenient locations, whether it be close to the wave pool for the kids (which is also next to a bar, for adults), or the main pool designed more for adults and youth. There was not 1 day that made it impossible to find a spot.

The oceanfront was beautiful and had multiple offerings for both the lounger and the active alike. I am a sailing enthusiast and was on the Hobie Cats a few times during the trip. Best to make your reservations earlier in the morning (10am) as they do not book for days in advance. The same group that does the boats offers kayaks and jet skis, as well as parasailing, and rides on a banana boat.

The spa treatments we had were generally overpriced but the quality and convenience make it worthwhile. We had 2 couples massages and walked out spending $500USD before tip.

There is a small shopping area which has souvenirs, a couple of small restaurants, one of which has excellent tacos, a cigar lounge, and some clothing.

Really out of our entire trip we had one or two noteworthy hiccups. First, the circuit board on our room's card lock fried (from the humidity I can only assume), which kept us locked out of our room for a little over an hour while the maintenance crew replaced the control assembly. They were efficient, polite, and apologetic through the entire process.

Second, room service seemed disorganized and slow. On 2 separate occasions we needed to call after an hour and make sure our food was coming.

Something that should be said, their kids club was downright amazing. My daughter would have spent the entire trip there if we had let her. They keep kids entertained, engaged, and fed. It gives the adults a chance to be adults albeit for but a moment.

Overall, this resort was exactly what we needed as a family. My partner and I are already working on staying at the adults only resort just a few minutes away but if you need somewhere that can accommodate and impress you, your partner, your children, and in my case even a grandparent, take a serious look at Paraiso Lindo. Given the opportunity we'll be back.

1  Thank Jared25
Quality Manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for choosing Iberostar Paraiso Lindo on your first family trip to Mexico.

We are glad to read that you and your family had a fantastic vacation experience with us and that we exceeded all your expectations thanks to our beautiful facilities and different services.

Furthermore, it is rewarding to hear that you had a great time sailing the Hobie cat, enjoying our excellent gastronomic offer, our SPA and the array of entertainment activities, comments like yours allow us to identify if we are following the right path towards our main goal; our guests’ complete satisfaction.

Concerning our room service, we assure you that we will forward your comments to our Food and Beverage department for an adequate follow up.

We will be honored to host you and your family once again!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I and our two kids (16 year old son, 12 year old daughter) love this resort. We have been coming to this resort for the last 10 years. We particularly love the entertainment crew (called Star Friends) that run activities during the day and some of the shows at night. It is like a Club-Med vacation for kids and adults on the Caribbean, and at night the kid shows and adult shows have something for everyone. We will keep coming back.

1  Thank MehranMosh

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your loyalty towards Iberostar over the years and for choosing to stay with us at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo.

It was an honor to host you and your family, and we are glad to read that you liked our different entertainment activities carried out by our Star Friends, you can be sure that we will share your kind comments with them to encourage them to keep doing an excellent work.

We cannot wait to welcome you back to offer you another amazing vacation experience!

Sunny regards,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Our vacation at the Iberostar Lindo 8/11-8/18 started off great but went down hill when our dinner reservations were not accurately written down in the week planning card given to us by the concierge. Very frustrating to get dressed up, trek across a huge resort with your children to get to a restaurant only to find out, you don’t have reservations (even though your holding a card written by the concierge telling you day/time/place). This seems easily fixable by letting you make dinner reservations at home/giving you confirmation numbers and a printed schedule (not using your vacation time to sit with the concierge to figure out where they can squeeze you in) but then I guess they’d miss the opportunity to do the Star Prestige sales pitch. At any rate- spent an additional 40 minutes with tired cranky kids trying to get the reservations fixed with the concierge so we could eat at the Japanese Habachi at least before we leave in 3 days- we were not successful. This debacle ruined the night and truly how they handled their mistake soured this vacation and this resort chain for us. We won’t be back. Too stressful.

5  Thank Kristen Y

Dear guest,

First and foremost, we are grateful for the time you have taken to share your valuable insights about your recent stay with us.

We are concerned to read that we did not met your expectations during your recent stay, as providing memorable experiences to all our guests is our main priority.

Likewise, we regret to read the situation you encountered with our á la carte restaurant reservations, and we offer you a sincere apology for the discomfort that you and your family experienced, we thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We truly hope you can give us the opportunity of hosting you once again and recover your trust the exceptional service that characterizes Iberostar.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, the staff try very hard to accommodate. The star friends including Erik try to keep everyone entertained. The alacarte restaurants are very good, the least liked one was the mexican. I would liked to have seen them offer more traditional dishes and sauces.
The steakhouse was the best that we have been to so far

Dear guest,

We would like thank you for staying at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo on your most recent vacations.

It pleases us to read the highlights of your stay such as our fabulous Steakhouse restaurant and the service of our amazing Star Friends, especially, Erik, who contributed to make your vacations a memorable experience, we are sure that your kind words will motivate him to keep doing an exceptional work.

On the other hand, we regret that our Mexican restaurant did not met your expectations. We assure you that that your feedback truly help us to know where we need to improve in order to achieve excellence in our service, rest assured we will forward your suggestions to our Executive Chef.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo!

Cordially,

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

It was an amazing experience and I would recommend going to this resort. The pool area was really nice and so was the beach part of the resort. You could also take cool excursions to different areas of Mexico.

1  Thank samriverdog12

Dear guest,

While extending you warm regards, we thank you for sharing your review about your recent stay at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo.

It is gratifying to read that you enjoyed our beautiful pool and the beach, we truly hope you have had an incredible time at our resort enjoying our stunning facilities, and different activities.

Thank you for recommending us, we cannot wait to host you once again!