I travelled with my husband and two children 18 and 14. We had high expectations for this hotel from looking at the photos and previous trip adviser reviews. Through no fault of Thomson's we had to wait on the coach outside of the airport for an hour with no explanation from the rep. We knew why as we could hear the family talk about their missing luggage. So not a great start. The drive to the hotel was ok. On arrival I was a little disappointed as there wasn't much of a welcome , no fresh cold towel or cold drink. It took along time to sort out our room situation after already emailing ahead of our request . It seemed like the hardest thing for them to sort out. We really could have done without this hassle. The rooms were ok , dim light in the bathroom and the air con at night was so loud. But the rest of the hotel that we saw was immaculate. We loved the beach, not much to see snorkelling wise but the water is a beautiful blue and the sand is lovely apart from the cigarette buts that are continually dropped by people on sun loungers . Surely the hotel can come up with a solution to this? Our favourite place to eat at lunch was the Seaside Grill (Victor & Cornelio were lovely waiters) , the view is amazing and the food really nice.
Favourite places to eat in the evening would be Oceana , Himitsu(Carlos M so happy and Angel) and World Café (Benny and Joel).Almost forgot the French restaurant was in another league to the other restaurant's we tried, Willy our waiter was just brilliant.The service for us was always perfect with the right amount of friendliness and professionalism from the waiters and front of house. We never had to wait long for anything. We loved walking up to the beach bar where Edwin would always have a smile and remember you and what you liked to drink. Elizabeth who would walk up and down the beach always happy and caring. We loved having a drink outside of the lobby after the beach and Louredez and actually all of the bar staff were happy and friendly.
We found the beach to be perfect but there was a lot going on all the time which is ideal for some people but I wanted to relax a bit more, the entertainment staff never hassled us it's just it was a very active place. Yes we could have moved further away down the beach but we liked where we were . We did the Caribbean cruising trip which we all loved!!! Victor talked so passionately about this trip that we had to go on it and Carlos and the team on the boat and catamaran were spot on. My daughter whose 18 loved the ease of making friends and the nightlife in the hotel. Something we haven't come across before on previous holidays. Not sure I liked it. My son whose 14 didn't want to go off and make friends but he was ok with us for the most part! When he looked at the football pitch he was really disappointed as it was away from the main hotel and was a sad excuse for a pitch what a shame, probably a good way of teenagers to make more friends.
As other people have said it's the people who work at Dreams La Romana who make this hotel, they are so warm and friendly . I think if you give a bit you get it back.
One regret I spent nearly two weeks wishing I would get up and do the aerobic dance class in the sea, I didn't want to do it on my own! On the penultimate day I plucked up the courage and did it and loved it ! Why I didn't do it before I don't know but try it at least once. Angela and Pablo Picasso and all the team work sooooo hard , really they do .
So a great holiday and memories but definitely room for improvement.
Ps if you ever get to meet Yesenia you are in for a treat she is everything you would want from a front of house member of staff she is perfect !
PPS Please serve your hot food hot !
My daughter is nut allergic and every holiday comes with this worry , we were told by Dion to ask the concierge to type a letter to share with the restaurants . This was brilliant, the only time it didn't work was in the World Café when the chef didn't understand but yet again Yesenia came to our aid and asked a head chef Starling to help which he did , it was an honour for him to personally make Amy a pasta dish so we knew it was nut free ! great service thank you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa Dominican Republic/Bayahibe