US$199
US$189
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$209/night.

El Eden Hotel(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$129
Alkquimia Hotel(Bayahibe)
US$90
US$85
Hotel Villa Iguana(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
US$55
Bayahibe Guesthouse(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$177
HotelsClick
12,899 results
All reviewsseaside grillworld cafepreferred clubmain pooleddie murphypreferred poolpablo picassofruit boatjungle restaurantolio restaurantinfinity poolswim up barentertainment teamglass of champagnela romanacoffee shopbutler service
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We have just returned from 2 weeks at Dreams La Romana. This was our first trip to the Dominican Republic. We have had a fantastic time. The hotel was lovely, the weather really hot (and very humid) and the beach was great. This was the best snorkelling I have ever done and all you had to do was walk into the sea from the beach. So many fist swimming around and if you venture the other side of the roped off swimming area there were loads of fish. I saw a shoal of squid one day and a massive ray swimming just in front of me. Just wow. We enjoyed the food, happy going to the buffet but also enjoyed the steak restaurant, the italian and the oriental. The infinity pool was lovely to relax in and cool down and the sea was beautiful, so calm and warm.The rooms were good, lovely to be in the air conditioning and the staff were all so friendly. We all left saying we would love to go back there.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim J
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just had our destination wedding at Dreams La Romana with 40 friends and family members. We were trying to choose an affordable resort for our guests. It far exceeded my expectations and we had a blast! The resort was very nice. It was not the nicest I've experienced, but it was a great value for the price and all of our guests were happy. The breakfast buffet was excellent. The drinks were great. Premium liquors were only at selected bars. The a la carte restaurants were good, but the service was usually slow. (Granted we were often in a large group of 10-14 for dinner, but they didn't seem to be accustomed to seating large parties.) The grounds were immaculately kept and the beach was beautiful. We stayed in the honeymoon suite overlooking the preferred club pool, which was adults only. Our suite was huge and very nice with a rain shower, separate bath, double sinks, 2 toilets, a living room, a bedroom, and a large balcony. Junior at the preferred club pool bar was awesome, as was the concierge and bartenders eat the preferred club. Our wedding was at a beautiful garden gazebo overlooking the ocean. Everything was perfect. Our wedding coordinator, Bibia Marte, was incredible and made sure every detail went to plan. The officiant was great. All of the wait staff and the DJ were also wonderful. We can't wait to come back!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank StephEdw44
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

My experience at Dreams La Romana for my sister's wedding was amazing and unforgettable! The resort is beautiful, well maintained and wonderfully staffed. From the minute you set foot on the property you are treated like royalty; we were greeted with champagne and "welcome home" . There was never a moment that I felt unwelcome or lost, everyone from chefs to the front desk were courteous and helpful. Everyone makes an effort to smile and say "hola" even if just passing quickly on a sidewalk. All of the staff is incredibly polite, attentive and aim to please.

Olman, the activities leader (Zumba, yoga, aerobics, games) was amazing; always enthusiastic and kept everyone laughing and enjoying themselves through out the day. Bienvenido, Leonardo, and Joseph from the World Cafe buffet restaurant were so kind, professional, fun and accommodated our large group whenever we came to dine. Blas, bartender from the lobby main bar and Omar, from the poolside cabana also left me with such a great impression. I like how everyone will go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and happy. The resort as a whole is breathtaking, but the world class service is what really stuck with me.

As an American, it is in our culture to tip, after all you are being served. Although it is not necessary here because the resort is all inclusive, it is definitely still greatly appreciated and the staff of the resort are so helpful and genuine that I feel they deserve it. They are working hard and always smiling even in the hot, non air conditioned areas of the resort like the lobby and kitchen. Bring plenty of ones and fives (USD) to tip. The Dominican Republic is one of the most beautiful places on earth but it is still a developing country that relies heavily on tourism.

They have 7 restaurants open daily, so there's something for everyone. I preferred the buffet and Japanese restaurant because I don't eat meat or dairy so I was able have plenty of fresh fruits and veggies. A lot of veggie hot dishes are seasoned with pork so be careful! The hostesses are sure to ask about food allergies upon entering every restaurant. Also a 24-7 Coco's cafe for small snacks and coffee drinks i.e. Starbucks.

The beaches and pools get crowded fast and people like to reserve the lounge chairs by putting their belongings on them; which I did not find fair or reasonable at first considering these people would not be anywhere on the beach or at the pools at the time. They would wake up early like 7am and stake out a prime spot and hog it all day even though they were doing activities or at the cafes eating. Oh well, just go early and do the same. No point in arguing with them because everyone does it.

Aside from the unlimited alcoholic drinks there's plenty of coconuts and bottled Dasani water on the resort. Do not drink the sink water! Water in the restaurants are purified, filtered and safe.

Oh just a said note for the ladies bring your own feminine products, a small box of tampons is outrageous!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank lillian l
Reviewed 16 August 2017

This was our 3rd year in a row at Dreams La Romana and everything was still wonderful! The resort is amazing - beautiful grounds, several pools, a beautiful beach, comfortable rooms, and a great Explorer's Club (kids club) with great staff and plenty of activities for kids all day long!

Room: We had a preferred club room, and the room was very comfortable and spacious. Plenty of space and a good size bathroom. Also, since we faced the preferred pool, it was always quiet at night - no loud music so it was easy to go to sleep at a decent time. The A/C works very well - a little loud but it does cool the room.

Food: Overall the food was very good. By far, Bordeaux (adults only) was the best. Great service - the waiters were extremely friendly and the food was excellent. Seaside Grill was good for both lunch and dinner. Himitsu - Food here was excellent - combo of shrimp, chicken, steak, and rice. Don't expect much of a traditional "show" as you would at a traditional Japanese hibachi restaurant, but the food here was excellent. Breakfast at the World Café was ok - always a decent variety of food. For lunch there were plenty of good options from pizza by the main pool to the Barefoot grill on the beach. For all of you coffee/tea lovers, Coco Café is a nice place to sit down and have a drink and dessert (kind of like Starbucks - very similar atmosphere as well)

Beach and Pools: Excellent on both! There were several wonderful pools which are spaced out throughout the resort; the main pool always had plenty of activities for adults as well as kids, the infinity pool was relaxing and had a good swim up bar. And there are two pools for preferred club guests - one for families and one for adults - these pools were always quiet, not too crowded and easy to find lounge chairs. The best part of this resort for me was the beach - beautiful, soft sand and calm water. Though not crystal blue water, it is clean and calm, with hardly any seaweed. There is also a cool trampoline in the ocean for kids to jump on and jump out of.

Explorer's Club: Our son is 9 years old, and he loved the Explorer's Club. I would like to give special recognition to the entire staff at the Explorer's Club! They are very friendly, kind, and do so many activities with the kids all day long. From boat rides in the water, soccer and other sports, games on the beach and pool, camping on the beach, to watching movies at night, there are activities all day for the kids. I had no issues or concerns with leaving my son at the Club for hours at a time - I knew that he was always safe and having fun! This also allowed my wife and I to have some time to ourselves and go to the adults only restaurants. It is because of the Explorer's Club (and its great staff) that made this vacation extra special for my son. As mentioned above, I hope that the hotel management would give special recognition to the entire staff - they work hard all day long and is the main reason we keep on returning to Dreams Resorts. The core zone also has cool activities for teenagers and younger kids - ping pong, pool tables, and a basketball net. My son loved spending time here during the day as well.

Entertainment Staff - excellent staff - very friendly and engaging to encourage people to do various activities (without being too pushy either). Special recognition to Angela, Pablo Picasso and the rest of the entertainment staff; they work tirelessly throughout the day!

To sum up, great hotel, great service with awesome pools and beach! If possible, I would also recommend the preferred club. The employees at the preferred club lounge were extremely nice and friendly - they were always so helpful throughout our stay!

Room Tip: I would recommend the Preferred Club rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
10  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 16 August 2017

My partner and I (both mid 20s) stayed at Dreams for two weeks last month. I could not fault one aspect of the resort. From the warm greeting at reception to the efficient and helpful departure it was perfect. We did not upgrade to the preferred club and will not be when we go back... We really didn’t see that much of a difference for the price involved, perhaps worthwhile if you wished to utilise the adults only pool but we felt that was very isolated and had no sea view.

We managed to eat at all the restaurants and found that our favourites were the French and Asian cuisine. Room service was a great addition, and we used this on a couple of afternoons after too much sun and rum by the pool!

The jewel in crown at this place are the staff, as almost every review states there are too many to name individually. But there were a selection that made our stay extra special:

• Eddy Murphy, Olman and Pablo Picasso from the entertainment team were so friendly and lovely to spend time with, so much so that Pablo joined us for breakfast on our last day!

• Edward was the face who greeted us and was the one who waved us good bye at reception, very helpful and extremely efficient.

• Alejandro at the evening “pop-up bar” was fantastic, great at remembering our favourite drinks and always served them with a smile... “Super Excellente”.

• Our favourite member of staff was Ariel, he served drinks around the infinity pool, was a delight to speak with and made the best drinks on the resort.

As I said I could not fault the resort, but if I had one bit of feedback for management it would be regarding the Carnival cruise clients that descended onto the resort for a day. They were loud and their language was appalling, we noticed many people left the beach, infinity pool and main pool that day. The resort became a ghost town apart from the debauchery, drink fueled clients! They left at 4pm and things soon returned to normal.

We were very sad to leave but will be going back in two years… looking forward to seeing you all!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2224. Had a lovely view of the infinity pool and beyond that, the sea.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple