All reviewspool barbusy roadanimation teamyour feetmain buildingcoffee shopdual carriagewayair conice creamfriendly hotelhotel busrelaxed atmosphereevening entertainmentthe hotel offerschildren and adultsa wonderful holidaygreat family
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Myself, my wife and our 10yr old Daughter stayed here between 29/08/17 to 05/09/17. After reading bad reviews we were a little bit nervous about this break now. I can honestly say I am shocked at how anyone can give this hotel a bad review. The staff were all extremely friendly and courteous. The bar staff were great, The pool lifeguard was very much on the ball with his watching over the pool constantly giving you piece of mind for any children swimming that they would be totally safe. 6pm then he shuts the pool. The grounds are lovely and well kept. The food which is generally one of my gripes on my holidays, but at this hotel I couldn't fault the food at all. One minor complaint would be that there wasn't a great choice of snacks between main meals, only sandwiches. The main pool is a nice size and there is also a smaller childrens pool with slides. The beach is right on the edge of the complex and the sunset is as good as anywhere in the world with stunning views of Mount Olympus. The entertainment team did a good job during the day but the nightly entertainment could maybe be looked at and reviewed I really cant fault this place at all, just be very aware and be prepared to be eaten by Mosquitos

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Sean K
Reviewed 4 September 2017

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
Reviewed 4 September 2017

We have just returned from 10 nights at Portes beach. On arrival the TV, fridge, telephone and air con in the room were not working. We also did not have a camp bed for our second child, these were fixed promptly the next day. We found the food very tasty but incredibly repetitive and the choice was very limited. Every lunch and every evening meal had the same fish dish in dill and chicken legs/thighs with one other choice usually pork or lamb. Since I only eat chicken and fish this was a real disappointment. The beach is very very narrow and there is hardly any sand area for children to play in as the beach is crammed with sun loungers, however the use of pedlos and canoes were free. The area around the pool was quite dangerous. Even walking slowly and carefully you would slip and one member of staff told me that the wrong floor had been chosen and that it was going to be replaced at some point. The pool opens at 10am and closes at 6pm. One day a week the pool closes at 4pm for the preparation of the greek night where guests are seated around the pool area. The pool usually is still full at 6pm and the life guard blows a whistle and asks everyone to get out! most disappointing for our children sill having fun at that time. The entertainment is amateur, the children's entertainer does it all and tries very hard but it just not good enough. It is conducted on a very small stage and you can't see what's going on half the time. We spent most of our evenings, which were long, sitting in the lounge playing cards as there is no where really to walk as the hotel is very isolated and on the side of a very busy dual carriageway. We spent money we had not budgeted for on a hire car for 4 days as we wanted to explore nicer beaches in the area, this was the highlight of our holiday! On our last day the life guard was absent. That evening at 6pm a small girl was holding an unconscious boy in the pool. My husband jumped in and put him on the side of the pool. He had no pulse and was not breathing. My husband who is a dentist gave him CPR and praise God he expelled huge amounts of water and started breathing. He was taken to hospital and stayed overnight in the local hospital. My husband was incredibly shaken and upset and not one member of staff came to speak to him. As we left the next day we enquired about the condition of the boy and the receptionist informed us he was ok but didn't discuss the situation with us. On the whole we had a good break but we won't unfortunately we won't return.

Stayed: August 2017
4  Thank emma w
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We are a family with 3 years old kid. The evening animation seems to me a little bit inappropriate for his age: stories about goasts will make him have nightmares instead of sweet dreams during the night.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Nevena E
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Staff very friendly - and very nice.
They are very hardworking and honestly nicest people.
Restaurant staff awesome honestly the best ever.
We just stayed there 2 weeks all inclusive.

Bar staff - particularly guy named mickalis at the main Bar near restaurant was so nice.

Food- good -
Breakfast- everything that you could ask for continental, English.
Pancakes were really good for kids btw.

The rest of the food was great for me - salad was so tasty and everyday was different fish or meat so I was happy.

There was spaghetti and chips and kids food incase the kids were fussy.

I thought the food was great but take my advice eat the food that you dong normally eat- the vegetables etc so tasty and the fish!!

There's only 2 pools so you need to get up early to secure your place - I used to go down just after 715am

The beach - awesome and beautiful and the best- you could swim in it not too deep.

Pedelos - free to hire and worth doing.

I don't know what they are called but we paid 70 Euros for 4 people on this sofa thing which was pulled in the water by a speed boat for 10 minutes and its definitely worth it.
Do it

Entertainment- its great for kids - it really is. My little girl is 6 and she had a brilliant time.

There was a German girl doing the water Zumba - seriously she was the nicest ever and really looked after my little girl. Honestly I wish now I had her name to keep in touch.

Adults- they did water Zumba and gum which was good.

Gym - annoyed that it only opened at 10am so I only worked out once as I like to work out early but I swam in the pool at 8am till 845 to get some exercise even though pool opened at 10am.

Trips - did a free trip with hotel leaving at 9 to local town and gets back at 1230 - worth doing.

There's a bakery which is just 5 minutes walk from
Hotel which is worth visiting-cakes, ice cream coffee yum!

We had a brilliant time because we made it so. The weather was great just enjoy but make sure you have mosquito spray for the night!!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family