Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 12/03/21
Free cancellation until 11/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
US$116
SAVE US$11
Expedia.comUS$127
eDreamsUS$127
TravelocityUS$127
1,649 results
All reviews the river historic building former monastery central courtyard old church new section four poster bed modern wing older part beautiful location plenty of parking set menu small balcony easy access wonderful stay surrounding area picos mountains
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 April 2019

wonderful place..
cannot say enough nice things about it..
beautiful setting..
interesting history..fun to go around the complex and read about it..
cangas de onis is lovely village..plenty to do in the area...

Date of stay: April 2019
Review collected in partnership with Paradores Hotels
Ignacio B, Manager at Parador de Cangas de Onis, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2019

Dear Guess.

It´s a pleasure to check that you have enjoyed your stay in Cangas de Onís.

I thank you very much for your kind words towards our, hotel and the gourgeous surroundings.

Reviewed 29 March 2019

Excellent restaurant, room and service. The room was very large and confortable. Nice restaurant with a varied menú. The food was delicious. Cider on the menú which was very nice. Good service. Had coffee In the breakfast room with very nice waitress.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Paradores Hotels
Ignacio B, Manager at Parador de Cangas de Onis, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2019

Dear Marcia.

It´s a pleasure to check that you have enjoyed your stay in Cangas de Onís. I thank you very much for your kind words towards our, room and restoration service. The natural cider in Asturias it's very important.

Reviewed 22 March 2019

This hotel used to be a monastery (C12), and is a lovely place to spend a night. It's very quiet, well away from the nearest road; the nearby river keeps its voice down. It's set in large grounds.

The rooms are large and, like all Parador beds (in my experience), the beds are very comfortable.

We had dinner in the hotel; generous and very enjoyable. Breakfast likewise. Again like most Paradors, the dining room is large and a little lacking in atmosphere, although the conservatory in which we sat was pleasant enough, although not especially warm (in October).

Date of stay: October 2018
2  Thank theblackhand
Ignacio B, Manager at Parador de Cangas de Onis, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2019

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the traveling community of trip advisor.

Director

Reviewed 15 March 2019

This was our first parador, and OMG, what an experience. A total delight. An old monastery converted into a luxury hotel with reasonable prices. And on top of that, it's a museum, so you sleep in the museum!

The whole parador has a great feel to it, very intimate and whomesome.

The staff are sooo friendly and helpful.

The restaurants serve fantastic meals cooked by top notch chefs. Breakfast is enormous with anything you may desire.

This is one hotel that I can very easily recommend to anyone.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ignacio B, Manager at Parador de Cangas de Onis, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2019

It´s a pleasure to check that you have enjoyed your stay in Cangas de Onís. I thank you very much for your kind words towards our, historical building and our restoration service. The breakfast for us it's very important and we try to prepare delicious and traditional homemade.

Reviewed 28 January 2019

I loved this hotel for many reasons - the quiet green setting in the countryside, the easy access into Cangas de Onis (either by car or by foot), the lovely antiques in the reception area, the historic chapel, the large comfortable rooms and the large free parking lot.

I had a superior room, because their standard rooms were sold out. It was huge - almost too huge - and very nicely furnished. One of the other people I travelled with had a standard room, and it was still large, beautifully-furnished, and would have been more than adequate.

The breakfast buffet was outstanding, including freshly-squeezed orange juice, the Spanish specialty of potato omelettes, homemade minidonuts (probably having a proper Spanish name, but I don't know what it is) and a huge selection of fresh fruit, along with all the other normal breakfast buffet items.

The only initial fly in the ointment was that my room was very hot when we arrived, and the air-conditioning didn't seem to help even if the temperature was turned all the way down. As I discovered by accident, the problem was that there is an on-off switch for the airconditioning by the bed, right next to the switch for the reading lamp. The previous guest must have turned the switch off by accident when turning off the reading lamp. Once the airconditioning was turned on, the room cooled off nicely.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank geo3
Ignacio B, Manager at Parador de Cangas de Onis, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2019

It´s a pleasure to check that you have enjoyed your stay in Cangas de Onís.

I thank you very much for your kind words towards our, historical building and our restoration service. The breakfast for us it's very important and we try to prepare delicious food like the homemade "minidonuts" call "rosquillas".

Ignacio Bosch