All reviews other guests nice place to stay beautiful pool pool area is up hill elysium mykonos internet island town loungers euro
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

I just stayed for 1 night as I was on my way back from Syros and had an early morning flight. The hotel is in a great spot at the top of town on the main road, just 10 minutes walk to town square.
Manager was very accommodating with some special requests such as allowing me to leave my suitcase there for 2 nights whilst I went to Syros and then arranged free pick-up from the ferry and then free ride to the airport at 5am next day (I tipped the driver who was lovely).
The pool area in this hotel is great, nice chairs, clean water, cute staff and plenty of sun. In house dining options are very limited but there is plenty of things close by or you can order in. Starbucks is opposite. Rooms are basic and I stayed in Cleopatra room which is semi-below ground and had a bit of a “damp” smell about it which was really the only issue I had with this hotel. Plenty of parking space which is handy as you probably need a car in Mykonos, although this hotel allows you to walk to town and you can always bus to beach. Everything in Mykonos in high season is expensive so this is a good mid-priced option.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Second time here and still get blown away by the hotel and staff. Only downside is the walk back from town up the steep hill. Highly recommended. Easy off street parking which other hotels lack in Mykonos. Rooms are clean and serviced daily. Best gay hotel around and quiet

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

Being my first time in Mykonos I was not very familiar with accommodations and what to expect from hotels in Greece. I found Geranuim online and emailed them directly to book my reservation for 5 nights. After several emails back and forth with manager "Beppe" which seemed to be going well, somehow turned into a nightmare upon arrival. In more than one email I was very clear with him I was coming with a friend and needed 2 separate beds. Once we arrived, Beppe was not there and his very nice hotel attendants helped us check in. We then realized he had given us 1 bed for double occupancy and got on the phone with him. After him yelling at me saying "that's how the reservation was made" and me pulling out my proof emails to show the attendants, he finally said "You get what you get, I don't care and if you don't like it you can leave". I have traveled all over the world and never have I encountered basically getting thrown on the street with nowhere else to stay, especially since it was not my fault.

By luck I called ELYSIUM hotel and the front desk guy made it possible for me and my friend to stay there instead since we were basically hotel-less.

I don't recommend Geranium, and if you decide to stay there make sure to look at your booking and check with management before arriving many many times.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
11  Thank LAERICK
Reviewed 23 September 2015

First the plus side - this venue is clean, tidy, seems fairly well-maintained, has some nice landscaped gardens, and being up a hillside, the front-facing rooms have excellent views of Mykonos town and the Aegean, and you can catch some lovely sunsets. If you tell the staff your travel plans, they will organise free transfers between the complex and the airport or seaport - admittedly neither is very far away.

However, €165 a night for the basic room (rising to €240 in high season) does not buy you much. The room was a modest size, containing a good-sized bed (comfort level subjective), a small lcd television, some shelves/storage, and a fridge. No table or chair to sit in, no kettle/coffee machine etc. Since the bar doesn't open till 9am, the only way to get an early coffee is to use the local Starbucks. Outside the room there was a small table, but alas, no chairs. The only way I could read my book was either on the bed inside, or in the communal seating outside in the blazing sun.

The bathroom was so small/badly organised, that it was not possible to use the sink without standing in the shower tray. We discovered that in another of the rooms, the toilet itself was located in the shower tray.

The pool/bar area could be a great communal area, but isn't. It serves a passable continental breakfast of toast with preserves, fruit & yoghurt, juice, and a coffee. The alternative is a fried breakfast, but if you order this the lone bar worker will disappear for 10 minutes to go and cook it in some other part of the establishment! We did not get a chance to see what happens if there's a rush! After breakfast, the bar choices become very limited - there's a greek salad available, or a toasted cheese sandwich cooked in a sandwich toaster, and presented without any presentational skill, or garnish, whatsoever. There's a modest range of drinks available, but a request for a bottle of white wine resulted in the barman fumbling around in the cooler for a couple of minutes in order to determine what he had available! Finally he produced a €25 bottle which we subsequently discovered could be purchased from the local grocery store for €6. Essentially, the bar area doesn't function properly, and as a result has little custom and no atmosphere, with the possible exception of breakfast time.

One final note of caution - some rooms face the main road, barely 15 metres away. Since many locals, and tourists, ride around on mopeds or quad-bikes, it can get a bit noisy.

In summary, this place has enormous potential as a great place to stay, but in its current form is not quite up to the mark, especially when you consider the room rates being charged.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank BennyOX1
Reviewed 8 July 2015

It's a great building and very nice pool layout. There's a nice view of the sea from the patio and pool area. We had one of the apartments with a room on the ground floor, and down to a lower level below that had a walk out patio in the back. The selling point is the restricted clientele. However it's a bit of a walk into town that is down (and worse... back up) an extremely steep hill. We rented an ATV for a couple of days and it was much easier to get around this way. We used the company suggested by the hotel and they had fantastic service - I would highly recommend going that route. There is a starbucks immediately across the street, and a market down the road. Our 6-night stay was nice but if I return I would try to something inside the town limits.

Room Tip: may want to ask for a room on the second floor for the best views
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple