Have just spent 4 nights here, a week before the end of the season.
The hotel occupies an envious position up on the hill overlooking Mykonos town and the old port.
From the momemt we arrived, all the staff made us feel very welcome, and were always happy to answer questions and offer advice about the hotel or places to go.
The one reason for me not giving the review 5 stars was our room. It seemed walking around the hotel that there was a mixture of original and newer parts of the building, and the furniture and fittings in the different areas reflected this. The same with the bedrooms. We had a standard room which was not particularly spacious, and the furniture was a more retro style, whereas other rooms had a more modern style altogether.
The Karavaki restaurant served an excellent buffet breakfast, offering many and varied hot and cold dishes, and you could eat inside or al fresco on one of the terraces which led down to the pool area with it's amazing views over the town.
The infinity pool is reportedly one of the ten best "pools with a view" in the world, and facing west, there are the most fantastic views at sunset each day ! The pool bar opens from around 10am each day, serving food and drink, and is managed by the wonderful Dimi, who has a heart of gold, and to whom everybody is a friend.
If you must tear yourself away from the view, then the old town is less than ten minutes walk from the hotel, following a route via stone staircases and narrow lanes If you wish to go further afield, the the hotel can hire you a car of quad bike.
A great place for a relaxing stay, and only short distance from the town centre for the younger at heart !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vencia boutique hotel is a four star (4****) hotel which has been fully renovated in 2007, situated 10 min walk from Mykonos town. An elegant combination of colours and furniture has created an environment of hotel relaxation, comfort and luxury. The outdoor swimming pool offers an outstanding view of the town and the port, giving you the feeling that the Aegean Sea is the continuation of the hotel's pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Vencia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vencia Hotel Mykonos Town
- Vencia Hotel Mykonos/Mykonos Town