Mykonos Bay Hotel(Mykonos Town)(Great Value!)
US$859
US$668
US$603
  • Pool
Andronikos Hotel Mykonos(Mykonos Town)(Great Value!)
US$640
A Hotel Mykonos(Mykonos Town)(Great Value!)
US$363
US$350
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$452/night.

Kouros Hotel & Suites(Mykonos Town)
US$632
US$585
Leto Hotel(Mykonos Town)(Great Value!)
US$556
US$439
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Aeolos Mykonos Hotel(Mykonos Town)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$313
Milena Hotel(Mykonos Town)(Great Value!)
US$267
Hotel Mykonos Beach(Mykonos Town)(Great Value!)
US$232
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$261/night.

All reviewsprivate poolgolden villabeautiful hotelour honeymoonmain poolshuttle servicefree shuttlegreat musicthe hotel offersclose to townhotel restaurantaegean seawatch the sunsetbreathtaking viewsgreek islandsmain townkiku
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed in this gorgeous hotel for 5 days.
Our room was spacious with a living room, bedroom and jacuzzi style bathtub. We also had our own infinity pool with a sunbed within it! Such as at the main pool. We loved the modern stylings of this hotel. Everything is white and gold! So pretty.

The breakfast at cavo tagoo was varied and delicious every day! The wait staff were very attentive.

To get to the main town cavo provides a shuttle! This saves so much money as taxis are very expensive in Mykonos. To get a shuttle back to the hotel (at any time of night) just call reception and they send the car. Brilliant service!!

Overall this hotel ticked all the boxes. Great location, service and atmosphere. The only negative is that our private pool and the main pool were not heated so I couldn't really go in - but maybe due to the time of year.
Will definitely consider this hotel again in the future!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa C
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Our vacation was wonderfull . The service was excellent and the food was amazing ...
The water at the pools is cold ( maybe because its septemper).
Anya ,our guide in the hotel ,was amazing thnx for helping us and making our vacation special.
We recommend this hotel

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We had a superb 4 nights at Cavo Tagoo

From start to finish it was fantastic

The reception desk were always their and very helpful

We ordered breakfast to the room which was fantastic having breakfast next to our private pool every morning

The pool was out of this world we sat their every day drinking cocktails with the music in the background such a lovely atmosphere and vibe around the hotel

The breakfast was delightful with an array of choice for everyone ! A very high class buffet

The views from the hotel are stunning

Could recommend this hotel highly enough

Special mention to Babis from cavo tagoo who looked after us greatly during our stay with a lot of good recommendations

The hotel offers a superb free shuttle service into the Mykonos centre where we went for dinner every night then when you are ready to come home you ring the hotel and one of the Mercedes shuttle V classes comes to collect you from the meeting point . A real nice touch

We will definitely be back next year for sure

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017

This hotel is definitely what in the modern era people call a 7 star hotel. When you compare it to other 5 star hotels on the island it absolutely smashes them out of the park in absolutely every direction.

If you want privacy I would highly recommend booking a room with a jacuzzi or swimming pool of you can which is great and you can sit and watch the sunset from your room and get drinks and food sent up to the room.

There is absolutely nothing I could fault this hotel on, they seem like they have put so much attention to detail. It is probably the best hotel I've ever stayed in to be honest and I've been lucky enough to stay in some other top top places.

The staff are all magnificent and feel human, they don't just recommend stuff because they have been told it feels like it is genuine and comes from the heart. I really liked all of the staff, they are so helpful and nothing is too much trouble. If they can hep you they will.

One of the things that stood out that not many other places do is they have a shuttle service on demand so they will take you anywhere you want to go and pick you up free of charge. Mainly because they want you and your family to stay safe not walking on the narrow roads with crazy drivers.

It may be an expensive hotel but be assured the money is going to great things that you will probably end up paying for at other hotels. Just dig deep and enjoy one of the most magical experiences of your life. You can always make more money but cannot get the time back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lee P
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Cavo Tagoo is "form over function" in nearly every respect, including service. My husband, two year old daughter and I checked out after a three night stay feeling confused and disappointed about the dismal-service-by-beautiful-people theme at this supposedly five star establishment.

The Upsides:

1. The hotel's undeniably beautiful modern design is clean and interesting. There is some cool modern art in the lobby and pool area.

2. The location is convenient to Mykonos Town - a three minute shuttle ride along an otherwise busy road with no sidewalk or shoulder. It's close to town, but if I could choose another hotel, it would be one right in Mykonos Town, so we could have avoided the treacherous main road altogether.

3. The views of the sea from the suites and pool/restaurant area are breathtaking. Thanks, Mother Nature!

4. The breakfast is very good, although much of the hot food was cold, due to several fashionable-but-not-very-functional uncovered serving skillets they use instead of proper chafing dishes. But most of the spread consists of good quality cold fruits and pastries, and the daytime staff in the restaurant is very welcoming, so we didn't much mind the cold bacon and mushrooms. My daughter hit it off with Denise, who was very friendly and kind to her.

5. The rooms were kept clean and the linens & toiletries were good quality. Housekeeping seems friendly and attentive. Replacement towels were delivered promptly and turn down service was never missed. We moved from a private pool room (512) to a non-pool balcony suite (521) mid-stay, and had good experiences with housekeeping staff in both rooms.

The Downsides:

1. Service, service, service. From the moment we walked into the place, we felt unwelcome. The staff are all very young and attractive, which ensures a beautiful lobby and a staff utterly lacking in hospitality industry experience. Nobody even smiled when we arrived to check in, which I thought was quite strange given the fact that we were accompanied by the cutest, most well mannered toddler alive on planet Earth (I'm exaggerating, but only a little haha). Staff at all three of our other Greek five star hotels were consistently very friendly, so the coldness of the prevailing attitude of the reception staff at Cavo Tagoo stood out to us, and not in a good way.

We were shown to our room by reception, which is a good thing because the hotel's layout is very confusing and we never would have been able to find our room otherwise. We were given zero information about the hotel's amenities or layout, in spite of the fact that the hotel is a labyrinth of tunnels and stairs leading to the spa, restaurant and suites.

Our travel package came with a 25 minute steam bath for my husband and myself, but nobody even told us where the spa was, let alone how to access this service. We only discovered the spa by accident, while following our toddler on one of her "adventures," which lead us into a "secret tunnel" (her words) in the basement of the hotel. I never bothered to reach out to staff about the steam bath because the weather during our stay was quite warm, but the fact that this benefit was never even acknowledged is a failure in service that I do not expect from any five star resort.

Upon our arrival, a complimentary bottle of wine and a fruit & chocolate tray were delivered to our room. That was nice, but unfortunately, when staff moved our room the next day, they didn't bother to deliver the tray to our new room, so most of the fruit and chocolate were lost. Same with our leftover expensive but mediocre bar food from the night before, which we left in the fridge.

Being from America and having a toddler, we woke up early wanting breakfast. I knew the restaurant didn't open until 8am, so I called room service at 6, only to be told that they couldn't even send up a pastry basket until after 8:00am! They offered to send us more bar food. At 6:00am? No thank you. I ordered a "pot of coffee" and three bottles of water. I was told it would "take a while, as we just got several orders." I guess pizza and bar food is quite popular with Cavo Tagoo hotel patrons at 6am? Alternatively, Cavo Tagoo should consider offering simple breakfast foods such as cereal or pastries before 8am. Twenty minutes later, we received a tiny, fashionable-but-not-very-functional ceramic tea pot containing exactly one 8 oz cup of coffee. What the...??? Room service should have asked how many *cups* of coffee we wanted, because for jet lagged travelers, one 8 ounce cup of coffee does not even remotely pass for a "pot of coffee." Even the water was a WTF moment. The tap water on Mykonos is not drinkable, so all hotel guests are completely dependent on bottled water delivered by hotel staff. Although there were two plastic bottles of water in each of the two rooms when we arrived, they were never restocked without my asking. When I did ask for water, we always received it in super heavy, thick glass bottles. Again, the water looks fashionable but lacks function, as it can't be easily taken out of the room on excursions. Who wants to lug ten pounds of glass down a million stairs to their shuttle or car? At Cavo Tagoo, it's "form over function," right down to your drinking water. Please. Do everyone a favor, including room service staff, and give guests several *plastic* bottles of water daily, without them having to ask.

2. Feeling "trapped" in the hotel. The front desk staff inexplicably made transportation seem much more difficult than it actually was. We did not have a car, and did not plan to rent one as the hotel advertises a free shuttle to the town, and we assumed taxis or private car services could easily be handled by reception for other excursions. Much to my surprise, when we inquired about a shuttle into town on the morning of our first day, the manager said there was no regular shuttle service before 7 pm, as drivers had to use the vehicles to shuttle guests to the airport and ferry terminals. No problem. I'm a fairly understanding and flexible person, so I asked the manager to call us a cab. He scoffed and replied that it would cost $10 Euros for a taxi, and that would be far too expensive for the short distance to town. At that point I was truly confused, because the highway isn't walk-able, especially with a toddler. Was the manager at a five star resort that sells $20 cocktails really claiming to be unable to provide promised free shuttle service, and also insisting it would be too expensive for my family to spend $10 Euros on a taxi?! What did the manager think we were doing in Mykonos, if we didn't want to actually leave the hotel and visit the town using some method of transportation? Flummoxed, I replied, "well...do you have any suggestions for getting to the town?" I was met with a blank stare. Thankfully, another staff member noticed my frustration and intervened, informing us in an offhand way that the shuttle was in fact available in five minutes to take us to the town. Despite the baffling, can't-do attitude of the manager, we actually had zero issues with the shuttle drivers throughout our stay and were always quickly picked up and dropped off by hotel drivers. I am still so confused about why the manager seemed to insist that the hotel shuttle service was much less functional than it actually was, or that $10 would break the bank for a trip to town. There is zero need to project your overblown logistical stresses onto guests at a five star resort.

3. As many have mentioned, the "private" pools are not private, as they all sit right next to one another on suite balconies. Typically a pool will have stairs for toddlers to play on, but the private pools were basically like three and a half foot deep buckets of ice water, with only a ladder to climb out - akin to a spa "cold plunge" pool. When I called reception to inquire about whether they had any children's flotation devices, I received only a confused and dismissive, "you didn't bring anything?" It turned out not to be an issue, however, because the pool was so cold that swimming wasn't an option anyway. Like everything else at this place, the "private" pool is fashionable but not functional.

4. Missed Opportunities to Make Guests Comfortable. The suite where we spent the majority of our stay was on the very top floor of the hotel. It had a nice view, but the elevator stops two floors below, so we had to climb many stairs up the hillside with our jet lagged toddler every time we needed to return to the room. We discovered on our own that there is a long driveway from reception that goes directly to the top of the property. Thereafter, when we returned to the room at the end of our excursions, I had to ask shuttle drivers to drop us off at the top of the driveway, so my daughter could avoid the long upward trek on the stairs. In my opinion, any five star resort placing children in these far-flung clifftop rooms should offer to shuttle families up the driveway regularly, so they don't feel so "stuck" in their rooms (or really, the service should be offered to any guest who doesn't want to climb a ton of stairs to their room after a long day in the sun). Another missed opportunity to provide five star service.

4. Bizarre, Unexplained Failed Attempt at Dinner. For my husband's birthday, we planned to have dinner at the hotel's fine dining Japanese restaurant, which we heard good things about. Due to the fact that we have a young child, we showed up promptly at 7, when dinner service starts. We were seated promptly and placed our order with no problem. Service was good. We received our cocktails and appetizers, and were waiting on our main course when a random person approached our table and, without introducing himself, informed us that there was a "problem in the kitchen" and the rest of our order was being cancelled. We were once again presented with the crappy overpriced bar menu and asked to order from there. Needless to say, we didn't want to celebrate my husband's birthday with rolled up cold cuts (you call that a meat tray?) and boring pizza. I called our server over and asked for an explanation, but was met with only an apology and an unconvincing "I'm not sure what happened." I informed her we would not be paying for the drinks or appetizers. The server was mortified and apologized profusely, but couldn't not offer any explanation.

We left the hotel restaurant and decided to head into town, in hopes of catching a table at another fine dining restaurant. Since it was so late in the evening for my daughter, I stopped at the front desk to ask if they had a stroller we could borrow. As I expected, front desk staff couldn't help and simply told us "no." Fortunately, my daughter is light, so we carried her around the town and lucked into a table at the lovely M Eating. Hooray for the staff at that amazing place for saving my husband's birthday with beautifully presented, tasty food and friendly prompt service!

The next morning, I asked the front desk manager for an explanation about the restaurant. He appeared confused and unaware that there was any problem. He said he would look into the matter, but when I again inquired about the problem later that day, he simply said there was a "technical problem with the grill." That made no sense so me, considering we had ordered the raw fish. I didn't bother putting the lie to his fake explanation, as it was apparent that staff was not interested in our experience. Even after I informed the manager that it was my husband's birthday dinner and we were very disappointed, he didn't even offer a perfunctory apology. The entire interaction was an exercise in management covering its own butt, not providing five star service to its guests. Fail.

The best way to describe Cavo Tagoo is that it is the embodiment of an Instagram photo. Everything from the staff's expertise to the design of the coffee tables in the suites (ultra-modern slabs of wood on caster wheels without brakes - terrible design for either drunk people or children), to the water bottles firmly prioritizes form over function. Basically, unless you're a childless underwear model who continually mistakes coldness for coolness, I strongly suggest booking literally anywhere other than Cavo Tagoo.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family