We stayed here at the end of February for 7 nights. We looked at previous TA reviews and decided for the first time ever to e mail the hotel in advance to ask for a room which is quiet, away from road noise etc. When we checked in the receptionist said that the hotel was full but that we had been located a quiet room on the 2nd floor of the hotel. Unfortunately this was not the case. Alot of the rooms on the left hand side in this hotel are located just above a very noisy very busy road. Some evenings it would have been nice to leave balcony doors open rather than have to use the very noisy air conditioning however this was not possible due to the noise. The traffic noise when sitting on the balcony was so loud you couldn't hear other speak, and because it was a main road the noise continued all day and during the evening.
We booked an upgraded room with side seaviews. The towels were threadbare and so rough they could be used for exfoliating! Beds were probably the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept in in a hotel, it felt like you were sleeping on bare springs!
The air conditioning units very noisy and you could hear loud rumbling noises when other rooms switched on their units mostly at night.Pool areas were good with quite a few different areas to sunbathe. Only one pool was heated which was the smaller main pool situated by the restaurant which was quite a busy area and therefore not so relaxing to sit by. The other pools were unusable as they were so cold.Good breakfast selection each day and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Hot buffet selection at times was lukewarm and the water which is brought to your table for tea and coffee was sometimes cold and had to wait a while to get a replacement. As you would expect in 5 * hotels prices of drinks very expensive although I cant see that 10.86 euros for 2 very small bottles of water is justified. Hotel located at top of a hill but only a 10 min walk to restaurants and beach. This area has good selection of restaurants wld highly rec La Torre del Mirador fantastic food & staff , excellent service.The promenade is pleasant and you can walk to other resorts if you wanted a long walk. We requested a later checkout a couple of days before we left and the receptionist said that she did not think this was a problem at all but to check the following evening. She made no mention that there would be a charge. We were only asking to check at around 3pm. When we spoke to another receptionist the following evening she advised that we could stay until 2 for no charge but if we wanted to stay until 4 pm it would cost 33.33 euros, not that expensive but it would have been better customer service to offer for free or least advise us there was to be a charge. As a previous reviewer has mentioned these type of problems should not be occurring in a SLH brand 5* hotel. Whilst I can't say that they completely ruined our stay we expected much more considering the cost and more importantly we expected peace and quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful hotel is located in the privileged zone in the South of Tenerife, Costa Adeje. Given it offers privileged views. It is of Colonial Canarian style, with tropical gardens and has an exquisite decoration full of harmony and elegance in each corner. Located only 500 meters from the Bahia del Duque Beach, it is in the proximity of the best Golf course on the island and is only 20 minutes from the Airport Reina Sofia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Hotel Costa Adeje
- Seleccion La Plantacion Vincci
- La Plantacion
- Vincci La Plantacion
- Vincci Playa De Las Americas
- Vincci Plantacion
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Tenerife/Costa Adeje