See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 September 2010

i travelled to tenerife in the summer of 2006 to work with a friend. We looked for a long term place to stay and were either put off by the standards or price. Came across CV via a private rental ad and went to look at the complex. We guessed it was originally a hotel that had been turned into private appartments on our arrival via the lack of english holiday makers! Rented an appartment here via thd reception for at the time 150 euros a week, very reasonable as therd was two of us and we had one double bed and a double sofa bed in living room. Its basic yes, but was clean, although this depends on how much you clean up after yourselfs! Compared to where the other workers lived this was the ritz! Would recommend asking reception or residents for private letters as the standard was much better, we learnt this after fourteen fellow workers moved in after they saw our place. Ideal if your going to wrk in tenerife for summer or staying for longer than a typical holiday as much cheaper than a hotel and much homelier. Luke

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2009

worst app we have ever stayed in. it belonged to acouple from england. the lifts did not work ,swimming pool was closed as they cuold not afford chlorine. my husband had to scrub the place wash the beds etc before we could go in i only got downstairs twice as i am disabled. the only thing that was good was barry and leslie and some of the regulars. we sent the stoladys a email but they did not answer so beware.mary hotchkiss.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mamesScotland
Reviewed 25 January 2009

Stayed here on several seperate occaisions and always have a great stay. Always book the apartments via Holidayrentals.co.uk as we find you get a better standard of private apartment through them. Great views and all the little extras like satelite tv etc and comfy seats and beds make a huge difference.
Barry and Les at the pool bar are great and the food is good and the drink is cheap. There is a small supermarket and internet cafe onsite as well. The pool is great and always spotlessly clean and there is a kids section. it never gets busy and the whole atmosphere around the pool is always relaxed. a short walk down the hill and you have a few nice bars and restaurants and the st euginio area with more bars, restaurants and shops is about a 15 min leisurely walk.
Ok there are a few cockroaches lurking about but thats just par for the course in this area.
Defo recommend these apartments for a quieter relaxed and independant stay and you if don't mind walking.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank betskuuk
Reviewed 26 September 2008

My friends have 2 appartments in this complex that they rent out. I rented out both for a family holiday and with some friends. The smaller 2 bedroom appartment is on the front of the building facing out towards the pool and the other acrost the building to the rear facing to the east of las americas. I really enjoyed my holiday to tenerife! was the first time ive visited spain and the island itself, along with the appartment was ace! I agree that the state of the appartment depends on the owner, next to us was an empty apparment with its doors open and the place trashed, however i was told this has been liek this for a while and its privatly owned therefore nothing can be done! The pool is brilliant as its really deep all the way acrost, with no shallow end. The pool views down the hill towards the beach and a little unknown fact, is that the little windows under the water in the pool are infact windows to the mini nightclub that used to be there! The pool side bar is great for light lunch's or meals, and drinks are reallly cheap! The staff are brillinat and friendly and the supermarket in the complex is also handy.

Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank lewis_ames06
Reviewed 19 September 2008

My friend booked our apartment at Castalia Vistamar through a friend of a friend, and, having read some of the reviews on here I was very apprehensive about going there. I have to say, I think a lot of what I have read was very unfair. Yes, it's up a steep hill and there are a lot of steps to climb, but if you're sensible and avoid them in the hottest part of the day, and take your time, they're really not that bad.

We had no problems at all with cockroaches - we saw a few around and about, but nothing more than you would expect on any holiday to a country where they live.

The food and service at the pool bar was always fine, no complaints. While we didn't eat at Yesterday's bar in the basement of the complex, we did have fun working our way through the cocktail menu there!

It was no more than a 15 minute stroll down to the main town and beach, and a taxi back was only around 3 or 4 euros. There were several nice cafes (I have to put in a good word for the Deli just down the road where we made to feel very welcome) and restaurants in the area (a bit quiet while we were there, but it was just out of season).

The pool was lovely, always clean and almost every morning there seemed to be someone either cleaning it or doing maintenance work. All the sun loungers were fine too - not all broken as I read on another review.

All in all, I really felt I had to post a review here, as I feel that a lot fo the others I've read are very harsh. I appreciate that a lot of the apartments are privately owned and it's down to who you rent from that determines the condition of your accommodation, but I can honestly say ours was one of the best I've stayed in on holiday. I would be very happy to go back there again.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank LRJHK