1,999 results
All reviews half board private apartment self catering ceiling fan pool area air con bed apartment bars and restaurants irish bar great holiday evening meal slight hill sea view bed and breakfast reception staff bbq night hotel entrance
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Second visit to this hotel and we are still very pleased. Very friendly staff across all areas from reception to the maids who work extremely hard but are still cheerful and happy to pass the time of day, the pool area is clean and a real sun trap. Location is central to everything eg shops, bars, restaurants and beach yet the hotel itself remains lovely an quiet. My only criticism would be that we eat out a few times due to the food not being to our taste but the presentation always looked lovely and I’m not too bothered I am more than aware it must be difficult to cater to everybody’s taste. Thanks for a great week !!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
HOVIMAHotels, Public Relations Manager at Hovima Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear friend Nigel
Thank you very much for sharing your experience HOVIMA with the rest of users and for your rating.
I am glad to know that you have returned to enjoy your holidays with us.
I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed our pool and solarium.
It is true that our location is perfect, close to bars, restaurants, pubs,
I'm sorry you did not like our dinners too much, I appreciate your comment.
It is true that it is difficult to satisfy everyone, so I invite all our guests to give us their suggestions or ideas to improve our service.
I am at your entire disposal to listen to your suggestions, which will surely be very positive for us.
Do not hesitate to contact us for anything you need.
We hope to see you again very soon.
Until then receive a strong hug from all the staff of HOVIMA Santa Maria..

Carlos del Amo.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

great location for shops, the sea, activities and restaurants and the staff are very friendly and helpful and the pool is average size but clean and is checked for hygene purposes. the hotel room is clean and has everything you need including toaster and kettle and mirowave.

Room Tip: our room was very spacious, clean and had lovely views of the sea and swimming pool
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear friend Megan
Thank you for sharing your HOVIMA experience with the other Tripadvisor users and for the fabulous rating you have given us.
We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your holidays.
The entire staff sends a very strong hug

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a fabulous hotel. Great value for money. Travelled with a young family and food was excellent. In particular the staff were very good - helpful and friendly including Guayarmina who helped us each day with the youngest baby in the restaurant

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear friend
We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your holidays.
The entire staff sends a very strong hug

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Good setting hotel basic however reflected in the price would stay here again.The location is great in the middle of everything however quiet enough. If you want 5 star it's not for you however decent 3.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary D
HOVIMAHotels, Public Relations Manager at Hovima Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Friend Gary
Thank you very much for the rating you have given us.
I'm glad to know that I enjoy your stay with us.
(Public relations)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The location of the hotel is fine. That’s the only positive thing I can say about this hotel. The food was horrible, decor in the rooms extremely outdated and, when we got here, we were put into a room in the basement. I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone. It’s a dump.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Danielle C
HOVIMAHotels, Public Relations Manager at Hovima Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Client
I apologize we did not meet your expectations
I would have to tell me your complaints during your stay,
to be able to solve them.
Best regards