2,463 results
All reviews la trattoria las villas casas ducales golf buggies pitch and putt buggy service the beach club restaurant half board garden view beautiful hotel piano bar buffet restaurant the main hotel kids club chocolate fountain different levels choice of restaurants
Reviewed 2 May 2017

My husband and I stayed in both the Villa Las Retamas and Villa Las Mimosas (see note about children, below). These beautiful detached villas have decadent private plunge pools, enormous bathrooms and well-appointed sitting areas.

The villas are in a separate area from the rest of the resort, which includes a lovely breakfast patio and large pool. It is a quick walk or free buggy ride to all the other restaurants and beach from the Villa area. The resort grounds and lounge areas are charming, a little Disney-like but in a fun way. The staff throughout the resort is excellent. Everyone was friendly, hospitable and helpful, particularly in Las Villas.

The Villa Las Retamas does not allow children, but the Bahia del Duque is an extremely family-focused resort, so it's worth taking that into account when booking. There will be happy children running about even if there won't be any kids in this particular Villa. Though we had a lovely visit, I am not sure this is the best resort for couples who want a quiet vacation. There are nightly children's events in the main square facing high-end restaurants. If you like dinner by a Michelin starred chef with the "Chicken Dance" playing in the background, it's perfect ;) That said, the resort is absolute heaven for families. Every child and parent looked so happy. If I were a kid, this resort is where I'd want to stay!

Thank you for a memorable stay, Bahia del Duque. Your management and team made our first visit to Tenerife very special.

Room Tip: Villa Las Retamas does not allow children, but all the other Villas do, so there may be some occasional noise.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wholewideworld
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

A excellent hotel. Very good service and fantastic gardens. It felt like paradise. Excellent food at lunch and dinner. Very good location next to beach and promenade. Only one small issue is that if u turn lights off chargers don't work. Small thing but please fix it. Great place.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff W
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

My lovely boyfriend surprised me with a lovely holiday in this wonderful hotel, first of all I have to say the staff were just amazing!!! I mean all the staff!! I loved where we had breakfast and really liked it for dinner we thought the food was fab!!! You had a great choice, I went to the spa with a very lovely friend who lives there that was nice! Had to get a little open car there. Loved the position of the hotel. It did take me to days to find my way around lol!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Melanie S
GHBDR, Director General at Bahia del Duque, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to read the special trip our boyfriend organized for you both as a great surprise.

We appreciate your comments about the staff and we thank you for them.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

This was our 6th visit to this hotel. We stay in Casa Ducales a very quaint part of the hotel with very impressive staff who are always at hand to look after you and nothing is any trouble & there also it's own private area for sun bathing if you want some real down time. The rooms are amazing with great views and very comfortable with extra room for relaxing - I recommend room 217 and we also stayed in 213 this time.
I especially would like to thank Zara, Nella, Hectar and Natalia who are always amazingly helpful, friendly and kind who we now like to think of as our friends.
We love El Chiringuito for lunch, the views are amazing and great for people watching, It is topped by the food and atmosphere. May I pay a special mention to Nacho who looked after us so well , he is so full of energy and fun. Always makes me smile!!
Looking forward to our next visit already....

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Karen W

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hotel Bahía del Duque.

Undoubtedly, the best feedback we could have is that you feel like home while staying with us, which is our principal aim.

Your nice words will be shared with the team, who will be encouraged by your remarks.

We also look forward for your next visit already…

Reviewed 17 April 2017

We stayed for 6 nights at the end of March. We were in room 340 which was fabulous, huge room and patio which meant we could use it for sunbathing in the afternoon, it was just perfect. The location is also great, lots of bars and restaurants really close and a good walk along the seafront. However the service really couldn't be described as five star, The check in was long and they seemed more interested in ensuring we paid rather than making us comfortable. The Hacienda restaurant was really nice and the staff were fab, the Italian was also nice but the Brasserie and the Beach Grill were expensive and food was below average. On recent visits to Tenerife we have stayed at the Red level at the Melia and the Tagor vIllas at the Ritz Carlton. The service at both hotels was far better than the Bahia, however the locations were far more isolated. We did have a great time at the Bahia and loved the too, but probably wouldn't stay again.

Stayed: March 2017
5  Thank JoRolfeDay
GHBDR, Director General at Bahia del Duque, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Bahía del Duque for your holidays.

While we are pleased to see that the you found the room and the location fabulous, it is disappointing to read your comments about the service and the check-in process.

However, we will use your impressions as a great tool to keep improving in our services and standards, looking to achieve our customer’s maximum satisfaction.

Please, let us clarify that, from our point of view, you are comparing different type of services. We encourage you to try our Casas Ducales or Villas which offer an even more exclusive service than the main area of the Hotel.

We will be pleased to welcome you back in the future and have the chance to meet all your expectations.