“We left mid way through and before the sushi ”
Review of Restaurante Sensu

Restaurante Sensu
Reserve with
Restaurante Sensu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #150 of 336 Restaurants in Costa Adeje
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

From start to (early) finish, this was not a good experience for my partner and I.

Being seated quickly was about the only reasonably timed thing that happened to us at Sensu. Judging by the food we then eventually received I can see why the tables were free.

After around 15 minutes from when we sat down we were offered drinks... ordered a nice bottle of wine and some water. These took another 15 mins to arrive. Once that was poured we ordered edamame and gyoza to start. About ten mins later we were provided with an “aperitif” (trout/tuna grilled skewers) - despite being free I wish they had not provided them as they were not nice. We had a cube each and left the rest - a pre-requisite for the remainder of the meal.

A while later and our edamame and gyoza arrived looking great. Unfortunately the filling in the gyoza was terrible, again had one each and left the other three... and the edamame so covered in pepper we had a couple from the bottom and left the remainder. At which point we decided that the sushi we had ordered was not worth waiting for and got up to leave.

The manager made me pay the bill despite obviously not liking any part of the meal (aside from the wine) and did not even ask what was wrong with the food once.

All pretty poor.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Stunning views and attentive service. Each dish was served with ample time to enjoy the one before. Never overcrowded.

Wine was lovely and presentation of the food was wonderful.

Recommend!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 23 August 2018

My family and I experienced a number of lovely dishes whilst eating at Sensu! All of which were bursting with great flavours!! The staff were fantastic and very accommodating too.. and the views from the balcony overlooking the sea made every mouthful taste just that little bit better! I would highly recommend eating at Sensu as it will most definitely awaken all your senses :-)

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Not only did we get forgot with the first bottle of wine we ordered, the potions were very small and no waiter came to check if everything was ok. When had to wait more than 20 mins for the 2nd bottle of wine we asked for the bill. We wanted to pay on 2 cards which he tried to over charge us by €100 luckily we noticed this and pulled him. Be careful check your bill and watch your cards !!!!! Definitely not Michelin star !!!!!!!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 20 July 2018

I tried more types of sushi and soup and tartar, excellent and presented very nice. pleasant surroundings and quality service with fine white wines

Date of visit: June 2018