1,581 results
All reviews relaxation room macdonald hill valley pro shop set menu patio doors afternoon tea sauna and steam room changing rooms black pudding cooked breakfast restaurant staff birthday treat lovely setting following morning relaxing break full english emerald
Reviewed 9 February 2016

Found this offer on their website for a dinner, bed and breakfast offer and added afternoon tea. The hotel was very comfortable and in a quiet location. the rooms were well appointed and warm with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The food quality was excellent and the choice for dinner was very good. I would definately recommend for a night away.

Room Tip: We stayed in 326 at the end of the corridor and really quiet
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
GMHV, General Manager at Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2016

Dear kng9,

I am pleased to read through your comment that your stay with us was very comfortable and the location suited your needs for a quiet break away. Thank you for your praise on our food quality that is served, delighted you enjoyed your dinner.

It is lovely to read your comments, thank you for sharing them with us. We do hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

Lovely rooms, friendly staff in both the hotel & spa. We only had breakfast at the hotel & there was a wide selection of food to choose from.
My only criticism would be the price of the drinks in the bar £7.55 for a vodka & Coke! A little steep!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Ellen M,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am delighted to read that your stay with us was enjoyable & comfortable and the team you came in contact with in the hotel and spa were friendly. I note the comment about the price of your vodka and coke - we do price comparisons with other hotels similar to ourselves and we do feel we are priced accordingly in the 4 star market, but I appreciate your comment on this.

Thank you again and we do hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Hill Valley on the 6th February. We stayed in a feature King room which has great views across the golf course and a nice little patio outside the room. The room was very spacious and was presented to a very high standard.

We had dinner in the restaurant and didn't have any issues reserving a table. The food was very good and the service provided by the restaurant staff was excellent.

Breakfast was very good and there was plenty of choice.

We will certainly stay here again.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
GMHV, General Manager at Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

Dear CD6274,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am delighted we were able to offer your an enjoyable stay especially on a birthday night away. It is lovely to read your comments, thank you very much for sharing them with us and your praise to the team, food and service you had.

We do hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

We arrived two hours early and our room was ready for us which was a nice surprise
The reciption staff was very welcoming and helpful.
we went up to our room to find a lovely clean big room which was great
lovely decor and luxury feel to it.
We had booked into spa so headed straight down on arrival the staff was so welcoming and lovely they explained to us that one of the therapist wasn't able to make it to Work so had to jiggle our treatments around but the way they handled the situation was completely great so the extra 30minuite wait really wasn't an issue. pool area, the steam room and sauna was lovely and clean po area was nice maybe mood music and softer lighting would have gave it a more relaxing feel. the relaxation room which was a lovely area to relax in unfortunately there was people chatting loudly so was hard to relax. Maybe should suggest people using this room to stay as quiet for possible for other guests Enjoyment.
treatment we both had a massage from aver which was a very good massage amber really listen and understood what we wanted etc sweet lovely girl and great hands Although the spa was understaffed the treatment didn't feel rushed which was good. After our massages we headed up to have lunch. Now unfortunately this is the only part that let the stay down. We arrived to a cold uninspiring room that didn't feel luxurious at all felt more like a quick fix for spa lunches. There was no staff in there so felt Unwelcomed and was unsure of the lunch routine After a long wait our lunched arrived. Didn't enjoy the lunch was cold. No second cutlery for the "desert" part of the box We finally found a staff member and ordered a glass of wine. Unfortunately she brought the White wine back in a champagne flute??? I feel this is just unacceptable felt very common defiantly not the luxury lunch experience I was expecting after lunch we headed back to our room lazy afternoon then dinner. Restaurant staff was lovely and welcoming
food was average. It was eatable but not the best Iv had
after dinner we went into bar to find welcoming fun staff who was happy to have a laugh with us and other guest which made a fun evening
Morning now and down for breakfast.
The breakfast staff was adorable welcoming and chatty which was nice food choices was average. Nice food fresh. Did the trick. Check out was a lovely experience too reception staff are truly great.
Over all very unjayable stay just a few areas to look at and improve in my opion.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear joseph364,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am happy to read that your had a pleasant stay with us. I note that you felt the relaxation lounge was difficult to relax due to other guests being too loud in conversation. We understand that this can be up setting but I will bring this to the attention of the Spa Manager to monitor more frequently. My apologies that you felt the Spa lounge upstairs was unwelcoming. We do have 2 members of staff on for busy periods to ensure guests are welcomed and looked after but with this feedback I will discuss with my team to ensure we address this. Thank you for praising the bar team, reception team and breakfast team for their warm hospitality I know they will be happy to read your comments.

Thank you again for your constructive feedback, we do hope we see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 February 2016 via mobile

We brought a spa overnight deal! Food was great, service was great, hotel is great. The staff were so friendly especially Rachel the bar maid who was fun to talk to and made our experience great. Only down side is we had to wait until 9pm for food the restaurant is pretty small for the size of the hotel. I went with a friend and took her for her birthday she loved it! We would defiantly go back! Rooms are spacious and clean and the receptionist let us check in early with no extra charge :)

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
GMHV, Manager at Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I note that Rachel made you stay fun with her bubbly personalality.

Thank you again, we do look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.