I stayed at the Pride Hotel in Nagpur for one night (Feb 21 2012 - Feb 22 2012). I was told that it was one of the better hotels to stay at in Nagpur, but was extremely disappointed for the following reasons:
1. Deceptive reservation desk: I booked my room over the telephone and specifically asked for the cheapest room available. I was told that the tariff for the cheapest room is Rs 5,500 + taxes. I specifically asked the hotel employee taking my booking to confirm this is their lowest fare and he did. However, several of my colleagues confirmed that they have stayed at the Pride Nagpur and paid between 3500 to 4500 a night. At the same time, while checking out, another gentleman was checking out at the same time, and he clearly showed me his fare was Rs 3500 + taxes.
- Here's what I think happened - when I was checking agent, I was told by Ismail (the person who took my booking) that he was "upgrading" me to a suite. In hindsight, it appears that he always meant to pull this trick and basically just quoted me a higher fare over the phone with the intention of upgrading me when I reached there.
2. No hot water in the shower. One of the major things a hotel shouldn't screw up is hot water. When calling room service, their advice was to "turn the knob to the left". Jeez - I think I would know which way to turn a tap to get hot water.
3. Terrible food at the hotel restaurant, Casablanca. Not to mention, terrible service. Ordered a tomato soup and the waiter brought Chinese Hot & Sour soup. When he brought the tomato soup, it was inedible. The soup tasted like it was made a week ago, and when I questioned the waiter on the staleness of the soup, his response was "the chef must have put too much basil in it". Main course was the same story. Garlic bread was basically regular bread with chunks of garlic cut and put on it as an after-thought. Food was massively overpriced for the quality.
Much better to book a room at The Legend Hotel next door, which at basically half the rate of Pride, gives you hot water, a clean room, marginally better quality food and free wi-fi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surround yourself with subtle elegance and personalized service. The stylishly designed 93 guest rooms are an ultimate expression of contemporary comfort and elegance Complimentary buffet breakfast Fruit basket & cookies platter in room. LCD TV with 24 hrs cable connection. Internet broad band connectivity in room. Well stocked Mini Bar. Complimentary bottle of mineral water. International direct dialing facility. Centrally Air-conditioned with individual room climate control. Complimentary ironing of one set of clothes daily Complimentary Newspaper every day. Electronic safe deposited locker in room. Tea/ Coffee maker in room. Hair dryer in Bathroom Complimentary One Cocktail or Mock tail drink Daily at Bar Free usage of Health Club & Swimming pool. non smoking rooms are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pride Hotel Nagpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nagpur Pride Hotel