“Deceptive, disappointing. No hot water. Terrible food.”

The Pride Hotel Nagpur
Ranked #7 of 44 Hotels in Nagpur
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“Deceptive, disappointing. No hot water. Terrible food.”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed at the Pride Hotel in Nagpur for one night (Feb 21 2012 - Feb 22 2012). I was told that it was one of the better hotels to stay at in Nagpur, but was extremely disappointed for the following reasons:

1. Deceptive reservation desk: I booked my room over the telephone and specifically asked for the cheapest room available. I was told that the tariff for the cheapest room is Rs 5,500 + taxes. I specifically asked the hotel employee taking my booking to confirm this is their lowest fare and he did. However, several of my colleagues confirmed that they have stayed at the Pride Nagpur and paid between 3500 to 4500 a night. At the same time, while checking out, another gentleman was checking out at the same time, and he clearly showed me his fare was Rs 3500 + taxes.
- Here's what I think happened - when I was checking agent, I was told by Ismail (the person who took my booking) that he was "upgrading" me to a suite. In hindsight, it appears that he always meant to pull this trick and basically just quoted me a higher fare over the phone with the intention of upgrading me when I reached there.

2. No hot water in the shower. One of the major things a hotel shouldn't screw up is hot water. When calling room service, their advice was to "turn the knob to the left". Jeez - I think I would know which way to turn a tap to get hot water.

3. Terrible food at the hotel restaurant, Casablanca. Not to mention, terrible service. Ordered a tomato soup and the waiter brought Chinese Hot & Sour soup. When he brought the tomato soup, it was inedible. The soup tasted like it was made a week ago, and when I questioned the waiter on the staleness of the soup, his response was "the chef must have put too much basil in it". Main course was the same story. Garlic bread was basically regular bread with chunks of garlic cut and put on it as an after-thought. Food was massively overpriced for the quality.

Much better to book a room at The Legend Hotel next door, which at basically half the rate of Pride, gives you hot water, a clean room, marginally better quality food and free wi-fi.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
ThePrideGroup, Front Office Manager at The Pride Hotel Nagpur, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Dear Sir,

Greetings from The Pride Hotel, Nagpur!
I am concerned about the problem you experienced at our Hotel, in Nagpur I am writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

We strive to make the stay not only satisfying but a memorable experience. The principal goal of The Pride is to provide exceedingly dependable service to all our guests. Consequently, it is disappointing to learn about the way you have been dealt with and I sincerely understand your dissatisfaction for the unpleasant experience.

As per your feedback given on trip advisory according that rates will varied from one company to another company and one category room to another category rooms. Whenever we will full with the lower category then we start selling the second category in the same way the rate was given to you is the best available rate for the day (BAR RATE), as you mentioned for your other colleagues might they have stayed in different dates or they have block the rooms before our inventory is open. Even I will kindly accept my sincere apology looking forward you to meet you in your next visit for giving better service.

I assure you that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They give us the opportunity to improvise our services standards. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been taken up very seriously by the Management of the Group and are being addressed.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Kindly let us know, if we can be of any assistance in the near future.

Regards

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
MUMBAI,INDIA
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I and my colleague stayed in this hotel for a seminar we had arranged for the corporate of nagpur. I must say this is one of the best hotels in nagpur till date. Nice clean rooms, good facilities. The staff is very helpful and responds to your request immediately. Only one complain i have is about the food. when we arrived we had their buffet lunch, in the evening we had kept dinner for our guest and to be shocked the menu was almost similar. I guess whatever they had made in the morning they had planned the same meal for evening conference. We had to have the same food twice. The breakfast of the hotel is really good with a mixture of indian and international delicacies. If i didnt face the Lunch,Dinner problem i would have rated this hotel 5 stars for sure. they need to look into this matter.

Room Tip: we stayed in two bedded room no. 416 which offers excellent views and peaceful stay
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dear Sir,
Greetings from the Pride Hotel, Nagpur!!
A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guests. Success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities.
Thank you for your kind words and appreciation. Your hospitality was performed with encouragement and warmth.
Our ability to reach out is a wonderful reflection of our caring organization.
Again, I want to thank you for the kind words and appreciation.
Looking forward to meeting you in your future visit.

Warm regards,
The Pride Hotel, Nagpur
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I have stayed in Pride twice (once upgraded to a suite!). Its a great hotel, just that it always seems to be overbooked. There is always a waiting time before a room is allotted to you. This even effects the staff with multiple customers trying to inquire and interact with them at the same time. The hotel is very close to the airport which is a great bonus. The room service is great. The food is excellent. The rooms are nice, spacious and very comfortable. The rates are reasonable and its value for money.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Seattle
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We have stayed at a lot of hotels in the past, in Nagpur, and always found them lacking in major ways - dirty linen, ancient bathrooms, ignorant staff, noise...

At last, here is a hotel where you can stay in peace, eat in peace, sleep in peace. The staff are informed and helpful.

The hotel is a mere 1 km from the airport - a straight shot. Even the view out of our window - of the road to the airport - was pleasant. This is an important detail in India!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room facing the front of the hotel. Despite the fear of traffic noise, there wasn'...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir,
Greetings from the Pride Hotel, Nagpur!!
Our ability to reach out is a wonderful reflection of our caring organization.
Again, I want to thank you for the kind words and appreciation.
Looking forward to meeting you in your future visit.

Warm regards,
The Pride Hotel, Nagpur
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Location of the Hotel: Quite good as it is close to the airport..however it is away from the city center and the rickshaws in Nagpur are not the most honest people on earth..better to have your own cab/car of you have to stay here...
Reception and staff: Every staff member in this hotel has a grumpy expression on their faces...these guys really need to lighten up and start smiling..
Rooms: The rooms are good, spacious and bright-although during my stay I was quite shocked when the housekeeping person walked into my room (without my permission) while i was in the washroom...the safety of the rooms is questionable..
Food: The breakfast buffet is excellent, room service fare is quite run of the mill and average.
The check out was extremely slow and disorganized...
To sum it up..The Pride chain seems to be losing out on the shine...

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Dear Sir,

Greetings from The Pride Hotel, Nagpur!

Kindly accept my sincere apology.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Kindly let us know, if we can be of any assistance in the near future.

Regards

Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Nagpur hotels