All reviews tapas bar sea view star hotel riz guest manager ice bath garden room junior suite pool or beach nespresso machine lovely spa premium room large terrace welcome drink beachfront hotel di parma schnitzel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nice hotel.its right opposite the beach which is lovely with a great view. Outdoor pool is small but is very refreshing. Indoor pool was good however didn’t go in this much as weather was hot.The location is peaceful, really is the type of relaxing place to go. It’s a nice hotel and nice place and would recommend mostly couples really however is for anyone. The hotel was clean, rooms were very nice, beds were comfy and we had an enjoyable time.

Stayed: July 2018
PureSalt, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Pure Salt Garonda, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Sam,
thank you very much for your excellent review.
We are happy to hear, that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We are looking forward to welcome you again, soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Returned yesterday. We arrived in reception at around midday and were the only guests standing in front of the booking-in desk. Both receptionists totally ignored us for quite a while before a what seemed like a reluctant greeting. Staring at a computer screen must be their way of welcoming guests I suppose.

We were informed that our room would not be available for another couple of hours, but if we upgraded to the 4th floor - a room would be ready for us immediately. I had requested a high floor both via email to the hotel direct, and with our agent so expected to be above the 3rd floor anyway!

I refused to pay an extra £200 euro's for the 4th floor and I made it clear that I was "not a happy boy" at this stage. We were directed to the bar area for a complementary drink (half a pint of lager and a coke) to wallow in our disappointment.

After about 15 minutes, the receptionist visited our table and said that she had explained our displeasure to the manager and that he had now sanctioned a move to the 4th floor room. This was not an upgrade (ie larger or more luxurious room), but just on a higher level. She said "the problem is that everybody wants the higher rooms".

They managed to get an unexpected extra 61.60 euro's Tax plus a 3 euro donation to UNICEF from me when checking out as these items were automatically added to the bill. I was not warned about this "Local Tax" by the travel agent or hotel previously.

Rooms are well kitted out and only just adequately sized. Balcony was also quite small, but the sunset view from Room 405 on the Palma side if the hotel is spectacular. We had a turn-down service once in 7 days and 2 bottles of water delivered each day.

Main Restaurant food and service was excellent on 2 out of the 4 times we used it, but a change of staff on the second 2 days resulted in a drop of standards.

We used the Spanish restaurant twice and it was a nice alternative. Food not bad and service just about what was expected - nothing special.

The Italian Restaurant provided average food and service. Again - nothing special.
However, these three are by far superior to anything else on the sea front.

I noticed what appeared to be a really popular place to eat on the other side of the road from the rear entrance of the Salt Hotel, especially if you liked meat dishes.

All-in-all, this hotel is good for being close to the airport and is right on the beach. It is almost worthy of it's 5 star ranking and better than most of the other hotels nearby.

Room Tip: Be like everyone else and request a high room - goo luck with that one!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
PureSalt, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Pure Salt Garonda, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guests,
thank you very much for your feefback, that is very important to us.
I am happy to hear, that you like our rooms, the views and our Restaurants.
I will have a word with our Reception Manager to improve the service at the reception and to keep more attention, I am sorry about the way you was welcome. The 61,60€ is the local tourist tax, that is 4,40€ per day and person. I am sure that it is written in the vouchers and papers you have got from your agency.
The free donation of 3,00€ for Unicef we confirm with our guests at the checkout, if you do not like to donate we take it of from your bill.
I hope you have enjoyed your stay with us and I am looking forward to welcome you again, soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

We stayed as a family - my husband & I had a premium side sea view room, our 2 older children had side sea view rooms. The premium room really is not worth the extra 70-80 euros per night, my son and daughters rooms were far more airy, with large terrace, our higher room - on floor 5 had a terrace the size of a postage stamp. The premium room has no long view mirror, the air conditioning was a constant 23 degrees - far too warm, we reported but nothing was done.
As in other reviews - reception is not good. We were half heartedly welcomed on arrival, our rooms were not ready so we were offered welcome drinks in the bar which was good. We expected to be advised when the rooms were ready, after an hour we found our way back to reception - like others have said, its really not like a reception area, more like a corridor and a few red sofas, just not welcoming at all. We were not given any tour or told any details regarding restaurants/ breakfast/pool services. As we'd had a long journey we only realised once we had our rooms, so then had to find our way back and request all this information. On departure, a quick check out - no 'Thank you for staying with Us or 'have you enjoyed your stay' not even a goodbye.
I could type away for a very long time about my disaapointment with this hotel - we stayed at Iberostar Playa de Palma in early July this year in their star prestige area and so very wish we had opted for there again on this trip - it is far superior to Pure Salt - a different class totally. The resort in July was totally different to the place in early September - it is full of Germans as previous reviews have said - but I would say on our week there it was Middle Aged Germans - just drunk everywhere.
Sorry Pure Salt, we wil certainly not return. We paid a lot for the 6 nights we stayed with you and am totally dissappointed, your hotel is certainly not 5 star worthy.

Room Tip: Would not bother paying extra for Premium Room.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
PureSalt, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Pure Salt Garonda, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear guests,
thank you for taking your time to publish your feedback, that is very important to us.
We are sorry to hear from you, that you would not give us 5 stars like hotel.
Our reception area have got a lot of very positive feedbacks, because it is different to other hotels, you can checkin sitting on the chairs and you must not stand behind a desk like it is in other hotels, but everybody have different taste and preferences.
We will have a word with our reception manager, all our receptionist are ordered to welcome our guests with shaking hands a presentation of their names, even they must ask if our clients have enjoyed their stay with us and of course say goodbye.
At the checkin we inform our clients about the timetable for the braekfast and dinner, the different keycards, the number of reception and depending of the reaction of the clients more details about Spa, Gym, beach etc..., many clients gave us bad feedback, because the checkin was taking too much time and they can not process so much information.
We hope you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We had a great experience staying at the Pure Salt Garonda Hotel.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Especially Michael and his team on reception.
The place was clean and smelled wonderful every day as we returned. A nice aroma left us with a feeling of calm and tranquility and cleanliness.
The spa was very well maintained as was the pool and morning breakfast area.
Although one should expect this at a 5* Hotel it is not always the case. The staff here deserve a real credit for making us feel welcome.
Even the small touches with system generated emails about our stay offering help and assistance or offers at the spa were great little extra touches of a quality service.
Although the place is close to the German Speaking Ballemann Party area but it has no adverse impact on the Hotel whatsoever.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
PureSalt, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Pure Salt Garonda, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear guests,
thank you very much for your lovely review.
We are happy to hear, that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
It is nice to hear that we have convinced you with ou staff, that makes you feel really welcome.
We are looking forawrd to welcome you again, soon.
Kindest reagrds

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Firstly we were quoted €75 for the airport transfer which in a taxi was only €15. I appreciate this may have been a nice car but it’s only ten minutes and lots of taxis waiting. On arriving at the hotel the reception is really not apparent. I thought it was a work station as neither person on their computers looked up when we entered. I had to ask if it was the reception! When we did get attention Lucy was great and did all she could for a early check in, which we got. We stayed in suite 135 which was really well set out. Two good sized bedrooms with comfortable and large double beds. Both en suite. It would have been good if both had a shower though as one only had a bath and shower attachment. The room jacuzzi was great and the outside space was very private and even though it was close to the road was very quiet. The rooms were very comfortable. House keeping very good.
Part of the reason to book this hotel for us was that it was close to the beach . We thought that the beach sun beds shown on the hotel website would be free. Be warned They are not. €45 for 2 beds and a shade. I think the hotel should make this clear. There are cheaper ones very close.
Overall the service was ok but nothing really personal which I really think the hotel owners could work on. When you pay a lot of money for a 5* hotel that say on the web site that they offer a warm and welcoming service I would not agree.
On leaving, reception ordered us a taxi to the airport. No offer of help to the taxi with our bags or even a goodbye and hope to see you again. I really have never experienced this from a hotel reception before.
I don’t mean this review to be negative as we enjoyed our stay. But there’s a lot to do on service and certainly on reception.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
PureSalt, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Pure Salt Garonda, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Mrs Juliet,
thank you for your feedback, that is very important to us.
We are happy to hear, that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
In Mallorca there is no private beach anywhere, the sunbeds at all the beaches from Mallorca have extra charges.
About the reception we must ask you for apologies, we will have a word with our reception manager. Our reception staff have order to ask to everybody who is leaving the hotel if they need help with the bags and of course say goodbye. Even at arrivals they must spend attention when somebody enter with bags to welcome the guests and to help, we are sorry about that.
We hope you will give us another chance to convince you from our services in a next visit.