1,255 results
All reviews pool bar the main strip these apartments peking duck box of chocolates top floor sea view ceiling fan in the bedroom bars and restaurants plenty of sunbeds great apartments good size self catering washing up liquid coffee maker quiet at night reserving sunbeds
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had a great holiday last week staying at La Penita! The room was spacious with a well equipped kitchenette and lovely balcony. The room was cleaned 5 out of 7 days a week (their standard practise) and the lovely maids put towel decorations on the bed each day which was a lovely touch! There was a bottle of wine in our room on arrival and we were well looked after by staff whilst we stayed here; taxis could be booked within a matter of minutes and they had a good local knowledge. The main strip was a 2 minute walk either down hill or down some stairs just past reception, however it wasn’t too near that you could hear people all the time either.
We ate out most nights as the food is so good everywhere, but you could have cooked a pasta dish one night on the two ring hob if you wanted to save the pennies. There is also a pool bar serving food and drinks which we used for lunch but is owned separately.

We can’t fault La Penita for its location, value for money and customer service. We would definitely stay again.

5  Thank masononamission
La Penita A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at La Penita Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Hi, Thankyou so much for your kind words and for taking the time to write us an excellent review. Yes, location is perfect! We are glad you had a lovely stay here and we will look forward to seeing you soon. kind regards :)

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely holiday at La Penita, in a great location with lots of things to do close by. They staff were very friendly and accommodating for our needs. The apartment had everything you needed for a self catering stay and was clean and tidy. We wouldn’t hesitate to book there again.

3  Thank Fran H
La Penita A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at La Penita Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi, Thankyou for your lovely review! Yes location is brilliant, very close to everything! We will look forward to seeing you soon, kind regards :)

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Allocated Apartment 184, on the surface it looked ok. On entering there's a window with a blind, as it was hard to see I tried to let it up and discovered it was broken and looked as if it had been for a long time. Over the coming days we noticed how dusty and worn the whole place was, skirting tiles were filthy and the corners of the sitting room, bathroom and bedroom and under the beds looked as if they never were cleaned properly. The bathroom is very old fashioned, mirror worn at edges, towels hard and old and the shower leaked onto the floor all day. The bedding threadbare and some holes in the duvet covers, no top sheet and fitted bottom sheet see through.
Maids were unfriendly and what they did in our apartment was a mystery. I had read on here how the complex had been refurbished but it was obvious ours hadn't, also everyone praises the facilities and the cleanliness and friendly maids,this was the reason we booked as we reckoned so many good reviews couldn't be wrong.

Room tip: Don't accept 184
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank Brid56
La Penita A, Gerente at La Penita Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Hi, Im so sorry you were dissapointed with your stay here at La Penita, 184 is one of the apartments that has been renovated, however, the work was mainly structural, plus a new shower and non slip flooring, problably things that go unnoticed, The shower curtain needs to be kept inside the bottom of the shower when you are using it, hence the puddles, while we are waiting on the shower doors. We had a dust storm from the Sahara while you were here and that dust just gets everywhere, it makes everywhere go orange and is difficult to keep anything clean. Im very surprised that you say the maids were not friendly, they have all been here a very long time and get praised all the time, I did ask the maid about it and she said she hadn´t seen you the whole stay, everytime she went to clean your room you were out, so I´m not sure which maid you mean. Since then we have had new towels and sheets, duvet covers were only bought in december. There are always so many things to buy new and obviously everything can´t be done at once, the bathroom mirrors are definitely on our list. Im hoping this will not put you off and that you would consider returning again in the future, kind regards

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived yesterday at La Peñita Apartments for seven days, we lasted 1 night and are leaving today...

I am miffed at how many people give these apartments such a high rating.

I will break down below the positives (not many) and the negatives.

Positives:

- Check in was quick.
- Location is good if you want the strip.
- Nice Balcony

Negatives:

- Room dirty, clean on the surface but dust and dirt everywhere.
- Sofa bed for our son was FILTHY, uncomfortable, and broken. We had it replaced with a fold out bed that was equally as dirty and smelly.
- Bed hard as rock and the pillows were the worst I’ve ever experienced.
- Lack of hot water.
- Wardrobe shelves dirty and dusty.
- Broken chair in Lounge area.
- Lamp cord taped together dangerously in the socket.
- Pool was ICE cold and impossible to enjoy (Partly the time of year I understand)

When I went to reception to politely tell them we were moving to a different hotel the guy just said “OK”. No Sorry, no how can we help, or feedback requested.

A live and learn experience, and the last time I book a budget apartment.

Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank Chris E

Hi,
So sorry you didn´t enjoy your stay here at La Penita, I´m not sure you are aware that for three days we had a calima (dust storm from Sahara) and it gets in everywhere, as much as we clean, which is 5 days out of 7, it is still impossible to keep the dust at bay, I´m sure you would have noticed this for the rest of your stay. As for the dirty sofá, I wasn´t here at the time to look myself, it isn´t something that normally happens as our cleaners have been with us for years, but as I say I can not comment as I didn´t assess it myself. I´m still to find the broken chair/sofa. We have hundreds of pillows and would have gladly changed them or given you more. At the end of March the pool was at 18 degrees at 9am and 19 degrees at 5pm, which isn´t bad for the time of year, we do not advertise a heated pool. Once again I am sorry that you didn´t enjoy it here, kind regards

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Never been to lanzarote before and I would love to go back tomorrow as it's raining on my return :( anyway la penita was just great all the staff were just great nice friendly people and the apartments were of a Good size with everything you need for a self catering break we got lucky with a room we had emailed about and as I say we got lucky lovely view towels changed every couple of days the apartment cleaned virtually daily also close to all restaurants there's a spar close by and the hyperdino sells most things you will need a really great break .

1  Thank moonlisa

Thankyou for taking the time to write us this great review. We are glad you had a nice stay here and we will look forward to seeing you again, regards :)