Just returned from a 10 day trip to the Morromar. (Sun 26th feb)
First the highs I think! the staff at these apartments are an absolute credit to the place, helpful, friendly and courteous. The housekeeping team work relentlessly to keep all areas of the complex absolutely spotless. The exteriors look recently refreshed, the gardens are immaculate and the pool areas are beautiful. Now the not so good, apartment interiors dated and in need of an upgrade, a TV from the ark and a kettle which tripped all the fuse breakers in the apartment when switched on! Wi-fi that they wanted you to pay for (same for a very limited tv package), really! in this day and age. The restaurant/bar and entertainment area is large but with only a small actual bar (one staff member) can see that being a struggle to get served when busy (perhaps part of the all inc plan, or is that me being cynical?). We stayed on a half board basis and here for us was the biggest problem, kitchen staff did wonders with what they were given to work with, presentation was always good but having to work with ' Happy Shopper ' or, ingredients from the ' My Mums ' quality of culinary ingredients meant the meals left a lot to be desired, cheapest cuts of everything used at every meal and to top it off the heated buffet pans used to hold it were only managing, at best a lukewarm effort. Such a shame.
On the plus side, Puerta del Carmen is still a vibrant place and a pleasant walk away, the carnival is definately worth taking in, a mega party weekend. Lots of reasonable places to eat at not much cost. Whilst on the subject, for absolutely outstanding tapas and the freshest fish try the Mardeleva restaurant which is overlooking the harbour/marina, get to the port and walk along the wooden viewing gangway around the harbour, about halfway around there are some concrete steps going up to the right and you can see the restaurant set into the cliffside, we cannot recommend this place highly enough.
Finally, Thomsonfly, or should that be ' Thomsonbuy ' in total, about 8 hours of hard sell, expensive drinks, food and ' duty free ' not!! Never again. Processed through Arrecife airport by security staff, at least one of whom (she, by the way) would not have been out of place in jackboots, shocking attitude, shouting at everyone like we all cattle, a wholly unpleasant experience.
Top tip; buy your duty free from one of the bigger Spar stores, as cheap as anywhere else, and loads cheaper than the official ' Duty free ' in the airport.
Would we return the Morromar, probably not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax vacations in dreamy surroundings. Apartamentos THe Morromar is a modern three-star-complex offering you an incredible experience in the island of the volcanoes, Lanzarote. Apartamentos THe Morromar is located a few kilometers from the capital, Arrecife, and just five minutes walking from the Playa de Matagorda, a familiar beach of golden sand to go for a pleasant stroll. Lanzarote is also the ideal place for the practice of water sports thanks to its optimum climatological conditions. The complex, inspired in its design by the typical architecture of Lanzarote, features a total of 221 spacious and luminous apartments distributed over independent buildings. Furthermore, it disposes of two pools, a restaurant-buffet, a pool-bar, a lobby-bar, several multifunctional sport courts and a gym. Apartamentos THe Morromar offers entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxation activities for all family members to enjoy an incredible experience in unique surroundings. Dear guests, we are working on the optimization of our facilities to make your stay more comfortable. Herewith, we inform you that our secondary pool will be closed due to refurbishment works. The expected closing dates will from 17.04.17 till 30.06.17. We put at the disposal of all our clients the main pool, which includes the children´s pool. We apologize for the inconveniences. Apartamentos THe Morromar ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK) and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apartamentos THe Morromar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Morromar Apartamentos Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Sol Melia Matagorda
- Sol Morromar Lanzarote
- Sol Morromar Apartamentos Matagorda
- Apartamentos THe Morromar Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen