We stayed here for 1 week in February 2012. Our room was in the building La Gomera, parts of this building were undergoing renovations but it didn't disturb us much. Also, as luck would have it, one of the large pools was getting repaired during our stay as well.
We had splurged on an All Inclusive rate (usually we only book half board). Breakfast ran from 8 - 10:30 and there was huge choice of warm and cold food, both sweet and savoury, plenty of drinks (coffee, tea, freshly pressed juice, smoothies, champagne, etc). It was hard not to overeat.
For lunch, all inclusive guests had a somewhat smaller buffet of warm and cold food, and a selection of drinks, soft and alcoholic. The servers used our blue room key cards to enter our drinks into their portable terminals. We weren't charged for anything, I guess it's to keep track of drinks.
In the afternoon, you could get freshly made pancakes and waffles (between 3 and 5 PM) and of course drinks at the pool bar.
Dinner started at 6 PM and the buffet choice was, again, huge. It was impossible to taste everything. All kinds of vegetables (raw and cooked), various meat (chicken, turkey, pork, beef), fish cooked to order, various salads, and of course - desserts! There were always several different types of cakes, mousse, fruit salad, ice cream...
My husband works in the food industry so he is rather hard to impress, and even he gave the food two thumbs up, the meat was of great quality and the vegetables and fruit fresh.
The servers worked tirelessly to bring people their drinks, clear off dirty plates and utensils, all the while with a smile and a kind word.
The room we had was smallish but nicely furnished, with a small balcony that gave us the view of the ocean. There was a safe (for an extra fee), a small fridge for drinks, and a cable TV with various channels, mostly Spanish and German, with three Sky channels and the usual BBC News and CNN.
The bathroom was roomy with a large mirror and a lighted makeup mirror, a bath tub and a hair dryer. It was always spotlessly cleaned by our housekeeper.
Since we had our 10 year old son with us, we used the services of the Mini Club. It runs from 10:30 AM to 12:30 and then again in the afternoon from about 3 to 5. The Mini Club staff were friendly young people and our son had fun doing crafts, painting and playing minigolf with them and the other kids.
In the evening, we usually went to the Bellingo room (a bar with a small stage) for a drink and to watch the kids dance to their Mini Disco routines. Around 9 PM, there was some sort of grown-up entertainment. We liked the Polynesian dancers the best. Mc Gerry Gerrard (a magician) was fun, too.
The clientelle was varied - German pensioners mixed with British families with small children, and then some French, Dutch and Luxembourg people. Since this isn't the high season, everything was pretty quiet and calm. I imagine in summer the resort is a bit noisier.
As mentioned in previous reviews, the Wi-Fi reception is only available in the hotel lobby which is a bummer but I guess it forces one to turn off the iPhone and relax?
The hotel manager Herr Thomas Müller was seen around the hotel every day, and it was obvious he really takes his job seriously and wants to make sure his guests are satisfied.
We had a wonderful vacation and would like to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Los Jameos Playa is located alongside the beach of Los Pocillos in the quiet area of Puerto del Carmen. Architecturally inspired by the island style, the hotel has magnificent pools set in extensive landscaped palm gardens. Hotel guests can enjoy a wide variety of sports activities and entertainment, suitable for all ages, even for the youngest members of the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, TravelUp, HotelQuickly and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Seaside Los Jameos Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen