All reviewsmy girlfriendbeach fronta nice touchpowerpeacestressthumbssleepingfanortizhourresortnaturephilippinescottagecostabreakwater
Reviewed 11 May 2017

I traveled with my co-workers and we had enjoyed our stay there. The room was great. A bamboo house-like is cozy. The place is so peaceful.I recommend this for those who want to find peace and relax, away from all the stress at work. The staff were very accommodating. It feels like we own the place. HAHAHA! Plus you will enjoy the tour around the island. I couldn't say more but it was a thumbs up for us. :) God bless!

Room Tip: Rooms in front of the beach.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2017

We stayed here for 4 nights in February 2017. The resort is quite beautiful but hauntingly empty. It's a bit eerie. Staff were fantastic and food was decent, but portions were quite small.

I think it's a fine resort but the primary reason I wouldn't go back is because of the beach. It's filthy. Trash is floating in the water and lines the rocky shores. That's right, rocky shores. This is not a sandy beach. And to add to the fun, the water is full of jelly fish. I get that none of this is the hotel's fault (except the trash) but given the sheer number of beautiful beaches in the Philippines, there are better places to go.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Anywhere4Animals
Reviewed 19 January 2017

I have never had such conflicting feelings and thoughts towards a place a stayed the way I had during our stay in Cost Aguada, we booked for 3 nights and arrived on Dec 30th wanting to spend the new year in somewhere different, and different it was! We were very well received at the port in Pulapandan and the trip was easy and short, about 30min to the island, there the crew where waiting for us, David the resort manager was waiting for us at arrival and took us in the tourist cart to the resort, there we were received by staff at the entrance singing and dancing for us and welcoming us in with fresh coconut juice on arrival, the scenery on the 2.5km journey from the cost to the resort in the cart was breathtaking that my wife and I at that point were discussing whether we need to stay more than 3 days.
We were checked in and were given a nice room facing the sea, simple, clean and nice, lovely terrace surrounded by bamboo trees, a paradise!
Staff were just amazing throughout, each and every one of them, loving, caring, attentive, smiling and they even took the trouble of taking us down to the small village for the new year celebration so we do not celebrate the new year alone, that was very nice and touching.
We were the only ones in the resort, some may look at it as a disadvantage, yet I think it was perfect, it felt as if we had the entire island to ourselves, my wife and I felt connected to each other more than ever before!
The island is small and it is a lovely experience to walk around the island on foot, hike the entire island circulating it, it should take you around 3.5 hours with easy persistent walk, it’s worth it!
Lovely swimming pool, there is a decent pool table and tennis table with few other games as well, the restaurant is huge and very nicely decorated.
Sounds everything is perfect, why the one star then??!!!
Guess it is due to low occupancy rate and many staff celebrating the new year that there was no food supply from mainland, not only the food was overpriced, which I do not object on understanding that it will cost getting the food over from the mainland to the island, yet there was mainly no food almost at all, the first day the food served to us was apparently old and almost stale, the second day it was even worse, on the third day, we were told that many staff are suffering the hangover of the new year eve and many did not report to work, there was no one to cook for us, when we found one staff who is willing to prepare something for us, he went inside the kitchen and came out with a small piece of vegetable saying this is what is left in the kitchen (my wife is vegetarian), we agreed for him preparing pasta for us with the vegetable he found, the pasta was served with few grams of the veg only, it was so little amount that we can barely see it in the dish, it took us a minute of mining in the dish to see traces of it! that was only for one meal, the other meals there were simply no food and no staff! we were left to starve, I ended up eating coconut almost the entire stay, when we asked why there was no food, they told us that the sea is high and they couldn’t get supply from mainland, it was a sheer lie, the same day they sailed to fetch a local family checking-in, locals in the village have made several trips that day, the sea was very calm during this time of the year, we ourselves went on the boat the next day on our way Gimiras.
This could be perfect have they not left us stranded without food, we are very simple in our requirements and we do not even object that AC only worked on our last day despite we were told that it will work at certain hours every day, we would not even object whether they do not have much food variety or on the fact that our room was only done the first day, the other 2 days was left undone guess due to lack of staff as well, but to give your customers the tom hanks cast-away experience and charge them for it (with no Credit Card facility), and then lie to them by not providing the only peace of veg on the resort and blaming it to sea condition is just not acceptable! either you are equipped enough to accept guests, or go do your handover on your expense not on the expense of others!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Samoline
Reviewed 25 January 2016

My husband and I booked two nights here, under the impression that it was still a nice resort based on the limited reviews we could find online. It should have tipped us off that the place was nearly empty except for us. From ants swarming our food, a filthy pool and outbuildings (including a shower that squirted brown water), a squaking lizard keeping us up all night in the thatched roof of our room, to almost no activities available at all, we were severely disappointed and checked out after one night. It is advertised as an "eco resort" but I honestly think it is an excuse to limit electricity and A/C during the day. The promised activities included kayaking, snorkeling, horseback riding, a zoo that included sea turtles, etc. The kayaks were broken; the water too cloudy to snorkel; no animals in the literally dilapidated "zoo"; the solitary sea turtle was barely visible in the murk of its enclosure; and we cancelled the horseback riding so we could escape after breakfast. I'm sorry to say that this place must be barely operating on the coattails of its heyday...the magazine at the front desk was still the original Time Magazine Princess Di issue. We didn't evaluate this experience in context of Western expectations. We were so relieved to move on to the next place on our itinerary, which had concrete floors, one twin bed and a bucket shower. The only way I would recommend Costa Aguada is as an overnight backpacking adventure for the non-germaphobe...except that they still charge resort prices. See photos for proof.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Marissa E
Reviewed 19 February 2015

We planned to Stay 2 Nights but we only stayed 1. The only Way to get in touch with the resort is via texting. The online booking on their Website is Not working and you won't get your deposit back. On the island they only have one Telephone and the Signal is very Bad and the Rest of the Communication is done via a Typing machine and letters.

Since we could Not get in Touch with the resort it was hard to get to the private Port and the boat costs 375 Pesos per Person.

We have been the only guests in this Resort with 69 rooms. The food was terrible and expensive ( 4 small Prawns for
490 Pesos).
Since there are 100 employees working for this resort, the atmosphere was really Strange because it we were the only guests.

All in all I would say that 25 years ago When the resort opened it was a Great Place to go but nowadays I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2015