“Lovely cottage in a stunning surroundings and...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 68 reviews

Reviews from our community

DianneG46...
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage in a stunning surroundings and fantastic hosts”
Reviewed 29 October 2018 for a stay in October 2018
person found this review helpful

We arrived after a 7 hours drive and encountered a very warm welcome; stove burning, tea, and a waterfall of words and information from the very enthusiatic Eileen and Robert. We felt at home right away. The location is wonderful. A great place to stay for a short or longer retreat to read, write. Or use as home base for a couple of days of hiking. Which we did. It is a lovely place to come home to. And from there there is so much to explore. We were there for three full days and we haven't seen all of the beautful Beara Peninsula. So we have to come back. Eileen and Robert are lovely people and it's a joy to see their happiness with each other and with every guest. And I forgot my charger with cables and she just posted it to me, free of charge. So sweet. Thanks to Eileen and Robert, and we admit that the weather (sun and blue skies all days) contributed as well, we have built an ever lasting memory.

Date of stay: October 2018
Your age range 50-64
3 Nov 2018
Hello Dianne. We are absolutely delighted with your beautiful review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us in the cottage and that you enjoyed the beara peninsula as well. And yes the great weather certainly helps too. Best wishes always Eileen and Robert.
121sara
belfast
“tranquil and beautiful”
Reviewed 6 October 2018 for a stay in October 2018
person found this review helpful

Loved location. Real authentic Irish cottage. Laid back and relaxed. Everything you needed to make stay comfortable. Log fire, heaters, washer dryers etc. Fantastic hosts, really helpful and welcoming. Thanks for directing us on our way home to take healy pass, the beauty was outstanding. We will be back. Thanks once again

Date of stay: October 2018
7 Oct 2018
Hello Sara and Garry. Thank you so much for your lovely review. We were delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us and we would love to see you again. Best wishes always Eileen and Robert.
Trip76406...
“Absolutly wonderful!”
Reviewed 3 October 2018 for a stay in September 2018

The Old Pub Cottage is brilliantly located and beautifully done. We found it to be warm, cozy and a comforting place to come home to after long days of exploring the Beara Peninsula and surrounding region.
Eileen and Robert were wonderful hosts, very kind, informative and cared very much that your stay would be as comfortable as possible.

Date of stay: September 2018
Your age range 65+
3 Oct 2018
Hello Mariana. Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your time here. We wish you all the best. Kind regards Eileen and Robert.
Peter L
“Old Pub Cottage, Lauragh”
Reviewed 24 September 2018 for a stay in September 2018

We had a fantastic holiday to the Beara penisula, and the Old Pub Cottage was the perfect place to stay in order to discover the surounding area. The cottage itself was full of character and was lovely especially when the fire was going at night. We were overwhelmed by Eileen and Robert's hospitality and we're made to feel very welcome and at home. They gave us great advice about where to visit and left alot of books and leaflets with information regarding the Beara penisula and other sorounding penisulas. This meant We were in a position where We always had something to do and wish we had more time to see even more. We both thoroughly enjoyed our visit and stay at the Old Pub Cottage and would recommend it to anyone who would like to experience or explore the south west coastline of Ireland. We would both love to go back one day. Thank you very much Eileen and Robert for looking after us during our stay and ensuring we had such a good holiday, from Peter and Megan.

Date of stay: September 2018
25 Sep 2018
Hello Peter and megan.we are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us in the cottage. We thank you so much for your lovely review and your note in my guestbook.we hope you have many happy memories of your time here in the beara peninsula. Kind regards Eileen and Robert.
Michele F
Sedona, Arizona
“A Wonderful Piece of Irish History”
Reviewed 23 September 2018 for a stay in August 2018

The Old Pub Cottage is a wonderful place to stay. The owners, Eileen and Robert are spectacular hosts - they thought of every detail to make my experience at the cottage delightful. They met me at the cottage personally to greet me and give me a tour. Eileen had a hot pot of tea waiting for me when I arrived and an overflowing snack basket that included two Irish beers. Robert had the fire going to create a warm and welcoming arrival, and plenty of wood chopped for me to have fires every night during my stay. The cottage itself is a work of art, with exceptional woodwork throughout and little decorative touches to create an authentic cottage feeling. I especially love the fact that Eileen and Robert took such care in transforming this place from an actual old pub to the cottage it is today. I like knowing that their work has preserved a piece of Irish history, which you'll learn more about if you stay here. As for the cottage's location, it's fantastic. Very convenient to the vast assortment of experiences that are available on the Beara Peninsula. I especially enjoyed visiting Derreen Gardens (5 minutes from the cottage) and having dinner overlooking Glanmore Lake at Josie's Lakeview Restaurant (only 10 minutes away and open all year). Finally, I appreciated the close proximity of the Old Pub Cottage to a modern day pub - Helen's Pub at the Kilmackillogue Pier. In summary, this is a fun and charming place to stay, with stellar hosts as part of the package.

Date of stay: August 2018
24 Sep 2018
Oh Michelle your beautiful review has lifted my spirits on this sad day of my father's passing from this world. Your review is special to me as you were also. We are so uplifted by your kind words and we wish you the very best of luck and good health always. Eileen and Robert.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.