All reviews beach boys fun base team water polo lamu room kids club pizza restaurant tunda tours quiet pool rock pools pancakes main pool evening entertainment nothing is too much trouble table tennis week stay repeat guests voi wildlife lodge
Reviewed 1 December 2012

we went to Kenya on the 9 Nov 2012 staying in the Turtle bay beach hotel .when we arrived at the hotel . we were greeted with a warm welcome by the staff. After a long journey it made us feel refreshed and relaxed. a welcome drink and cool face cloth with eyculytus oils. we filled in check in forms and did not have to wait in queue. the hotel it self is right on the beach with beautiful views of the Indian Ocean.We were on the ground floor walked out on to the beach. The staff were friendly and catered to all our needs they made sure you had plenty drinks durning the day and night .Our towels were laid out on our sunbeds every day for us. The food was amazing as the menu was different every day. plenty choice for vegetarians their chocolate truffles are to die for .I wanted to take the chef home with me .L.O.L. .We think the hotel deserves to be five stars. The staff work really hard and are a credit to the hotel. thank you for a wonderful time we had. we cant wait to go back. Moira and Jim Perth. Scotland.

Room Tip: go for the superior room for the amazing views
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2012

This was our 7th trip to Turtle Bay and again I cannot fault it. The staff as usual make it what it is they work very hard and keep the guests happy. Its been said before but its true nothing is too much trouble.
The downside was what happened to the little shops on the beach, some might say they were an eyesore but the guys & girls there are only trying to make a living. They do not hassle anyone, are friendly and polite, I love nothing better than to go and see them for a chat, they know I do my shopping with them at the end of my holiday. I like to feel we all come away having learnt much from each other. The only ones that hassle are the ones that are not meant to be there. I was there one day when 3 women walked past, when they were told they were welcome they just walked past without a word, a look or even just a no thank you. Now who's being rude.? I support them because they are good people.One thing I do have to say is the security at Mombasa airport is over the top, we spent an hour and a half just queued up to check in, when we finally got checked in and gone through more scans our flight was being called leaving no time for duty free shopping. Please something needs to be done about this, I know its important but bags xrayed 3 times and then hand searched after that is too much. Please Mombasa sort yourselves out. What about the elderly, the disabled and the very young?

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2012

We stayed at Turtle Bay in August 2012 but I have been meaning to write this review since. The hotel has really pleasant and accommodating staff who go out of their way to assist you. The rooms are lovely!! Room number 33, Ocean Facing is probably the best. There's plenty to do also around the beach or you could just idle around the pool. They have a quite pool for those who like some time away from the crowd. The food was also very lovely. All day long. You'll be spoilt for choice. I would go back again anytime. Thank you TBBC!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline K
Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

We arrived back from TBBC on 17 Nov after having the best 2 week holiday for many years. We went with some friends 2 of whom had been to TBBC several times before. I can see why they love to go back again and again. The staff are fantastic so helpful and friendly. By the time we left some of them felt like an extended family. The food too, is delicious, and plenty of it. We had a 3 day safari on the maasi Mara which was also amazing. We booked with Abdul who he gave us a very good deal and the whole experience was wonderful. We are looking forward to going back next November as we are well and truly hooked.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Sharoodle
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I've meant to come on here and do a review of turtle bay for a while. I am currently sitting in a 5 star hotel in the Caribbean and thinking to myself that turtle bay could teach this place a thing or two about service.

TBBC is not a luxurious hotel but what it does, it does well. No frozen cocktails, but your chosen drink is brought to you whilst you are in the pool. Ice cream too.

Diving is good and trouble free. Nothing is too much trouble.

We had a problem with our ac. The staff did everything to try to fix it and then offered us massive discount in the upgrade price we had paid when they couldn't. This was not requested but gratefully received.

Food was limited. I felt they were catering to the large number of English guests with roast beef and roast potatoes. Nice but not what we really go on holiday for. Others piled in though and seemed very happy.

All in all the cost paid for this trip made it a bargain holiday.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple