This is by far our favorite family destination along the Kenya Coast. In particular, we love the following things about Turtle Bay:
1. Lots of things for kids to do to keep them busy and let the parents have some time to relax;
2. Movies for kids during PM meal so that parents can have a nice quiet meal to themselves;
3. Great Indian buffet on Sunday afternoon;
4. You can get as much food and drink as you can handle all day long;
5. Nice pools good for kids and adults;
6. Very friendly staff, especially those working with children;
7. Interesting variety of evening entertainment;
8. Nice meals.
Some of the drawbacks (which I don't think are a major deterrent, if you're looking for a fun family vacation):
1. Buffet-style meals, with limited variety;
2. Lots of kids (which could be a pain for adults who are looking for quiet time);
3. Beach is not groomed like in other coastal areas, so lots of seaweed at certain times.
Here are a few things off-site that you should make sure to do while you're at Turtle Bay:
1. Go across the street to the little shops. There are some nice craft stores with decent prices;
2. Walk a short ways down the road toward Watamu town. There is a sandal maker that requires only a few days to make custom sandals, if he doesn't have your size in stock.
3. Get a lift to the snake farm. It's an unbelievable experience, even if you don't like snakes.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers and Expedia so you can book your Turtle Bay Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Bay Beach Club Hotel Watamu
- Turtle Bay Beach Hotel
- Turtle Bay Beach Resort