“One of my favourite BnB's”
Review of Stirabout Lane B&B

and 1 more site!
Stirabout Lane B&B
Ranked #1 of 7 Rathdrum B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

I was on my solo roadtrip through Ireland when taking a stop at Stirabout Lane. A lovely place! Rathdrum itself is not that much of a buzz, nevermind, it was still a good place to spend a night. My room was very clean, had a beautiful view to the garden, a proper bathroom - definitely met my expectations! Also the breakfast was delicious and Daphne really cares about her guests!
In addition to this, it's only a few minutes by car away from Glendalough and Avoca Mills, if you consider visiting places.
I definitely recommend this accommodation! It was a pity i couldn't stay longer. Enjoyed it!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 October 2017

This is a well done and well maintained B&B with (Important!) great beds. All that you need in terms of the rooms. The breakfasts were excellent and the owner was helpful and friendly. There is a lovely living area with a fireplace and wine and beer glasses are provided if you wish to bring in some drinks. There is a small grocery, a Chinese take-away, a restaurant and a pub all within one block in this small town.

The small car park is a plus but they were remodeling and a large debris container resulted in our needing to park on the street. It was easy to get a space right in front.

My one reservation is that the owner automatically charged my credit card in US dollars and not Euros without asking (I prefer Euros as the exchange rate through the card is far better) and I did not discover this until later. Shame on me for not noticing at the time. Everywhere else in Ireland over three weeks (except one petrol station) I was asked "dollars or Euros".

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2017

This is a very well kept b&b. We were travelling with our three teenagers so had two rooms - each was decorated nicely with renovated bathrooms. Everything was perfect. The surprise was the garden out back! We also loved the guest sitting room. Our family voted the breakfast the best we had on our whole trip (and we stayed at 10 b&b's!). Thanks Daphne! The town is very small and a bit rundown but my husband and I did find a nice lively pub down the street to unwind in. Great stop!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Our room was bright and lovely with a comfy bed and nice bathroom. It did face the main street so early in the evening it was a little noisy but it was not a problem at bedtime. The garden is lovely and breakfast was cooked to perfection. Daphne, the host, was wonderful. Lots of great suggestions for what not to miss. Parking is street parking and plentiful. Rathdrum was a great base for touring the area. We would definitely stay at this lovely b&b again.

Room Tip: If street noise bothers ask for a room that doesn't face the street.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2017

I don't a lot of travelling and I have to say this was one of the best b&bs I have stayed in , it was beautiful and clean and the rooms were amazing . Daphne very friendly and welcoming . very relaxed atmosphere and lovely garden and sitting area to relax in . the breakfast was very nice and had little homely touches to it which I taught was lovely . great value too

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rathdrum
24.4 km away
4.2 km away
Birchdale House
Birchdale House
#6 of 7 in Rathdrum

Been to Stirabout Lane B&B? Share your experiences!