Coolalingo B&B(Rathdrum)
  • Free Internet
Birchdale House(Rathdrum)
All reviewsbreakfasts were excellentwicklow mountainsbeautiful gemsmall groceryfull irishgreat stopireland tripvery comfortable roomsitting areastayed two nightsone night staydaphnepataccommodationhazelnuthostsavoca
Reviewed 7 March 2017

Rated 9.6 out of 10 for good reason. Quite location even though located on Main Street. Daphne, Pat and Patric we perfect hosts. Very comfortable room and the beds like home. Big shower and instant hot water a treat after a long day.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2017

Daphne is a great hostess, excellent cook, and has put her heart and soul into running this gem of a b&b. You can tell by the amenities and the time and care picking out lovely decoration that Daphne runs one of the best b&bs in Ireland. The room we had was very large, and if you're like me, having a bed of your own to get away from a snoring partner is wonderful. I loved it, the sitting area by the fire after getting away from all madness in Dublin and relaxing was a nice treat.

It was perfect for a night and I would have loved to have stayed longer. I'll be back :)

Room Tip: There are stairs, so bring a smaller suitcase with what you'll want for the next day or two and you'll be fine.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2017

I cannot recommend a visit to this B&B strongly enough! So delighted and feel very well rested after mid week stay there. We paid €30pp per night and I felt it was fantastic value for money. You will have no regrets if you book to stay here.

Our room was gorgeous, with the most comfortable beds and beautiful sheets. We had a TV in our room, a view out into the garden, and I loved the fact that there were fresh flowers in our room.

The owner Daphne was very relaxed, helpful, with loads of knowledge about the area and all it has to offer. There is also a book lined sitting room downstairs where you are welcome to bring a bottle of wine, kick back and relax!

Rathdrum is a charming tiny town, that had all of its lights up for Christmas.
The beautiful, peaceful surroundings of Glendalough are only a 15 min drive away, and there are plenty of places to eat only a stone's throw away in the evenings (whether it's chippers, pub grub, or Bates' restaurant you're after). I happily recommmend for Dubs or visitors from further afield looking to explore the area.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

Excellent, their is not enough words to describe this B+B.Food excellent, rooms cosy ,well decorated.Inexpensive,truly value for money.
Easy to find ,close to train station.Lovely country side.Run by lovely family.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2016

We stayed here for a night whilst mountain biking in the area Just perfect! Daphne is a charming hostess and nothing was too much trouble! I have stayed here before and didn't hesitate to return as I knew the quality of the service.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the gardens to the rear of the house
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple