Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Priceline
StayForLong
All reviews wicklow mountains central location family stay two nights room was spotless enjoyable stay lovely atmosphere couple of nights helen jacobs ireland pub accommodation staycation
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 September 2019

Stopped here after a long day walking at Glendalough. Popped in and had a look at the menu, the vegetarian options were very limited so had a look to see if anywhere else in Rathdrum was open. No luck, so returned to Jacob's Well. Despite not having much to choose from, the vegetarian stir fry was a step up from the usual. A very pleasant and unusual mix of flavours, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Staff were pleasant and welcoming and the place was clean and bright.

Date of stay: June 2019
AprilKavanagh, Marketing Executive at Jacob's Well Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2020

Dear PhilW2265,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that overall your experience was positive. I am
disappointed to hear that our menu didn't meet your expectations. This critical feedback will be used in training our staff and reviewing our menu.

Thank you and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2019

We enjoyed our very nice room for two nights, but found your website very deceiving. We were looking forward to a special restaurant where we could eat both nights, avoiding driving at the end of long days. Your website made the food look fantastic, featuring salmon, local lamb, and other delights. We sat down in what I thought was the bar, but was disappointed to find out it was the restaurant. I thought the menu was wrong. No lamb, no salmon, nothing different from your average Irish pub food. We had a glass of wine and left. To be fair, the room was nice, shower good, breakfast decent, and bar service good. It would have been nice to have been given a choice up a downstairs room, or at least help with our suitcases up the step staircase. We were given a map of the area, but that’s it. Not sure I’d stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2019

Dear Julie W,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that overall your experience with your room was positive. I am
disappointed to hear that our restaurant didn't meet your
expectations. This critical feedback will be used.

Thank you and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2019 via mobile

Thanks you for the pleasant stay - we felt very comfortable with you. As already has been written, breakfast was DELICIOUS. Your recommendations were helpful for all the great tours around the area. The residents lounge next door in the pub was such a treat after a long day of sightseeing to just relax and unwind with a glass of whiskey.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear guest,

I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in catering to our guests’ needs the best way we can. If you’re travelling to our area gain soon, don’t hesitate to call us.

Reviewed 26 August 2019

My 2 friends and I stayed in this B&B while doing 2 stages of the Wicklow way. The accommodation was clean and well presented, but we had serious issues with the service and in particular the attidude of the owner, who was just short of being downright rude. We had booked a three bed room, but were given a double and single, when we pointed it out we were told that unless we had proof of the booking they could do nothing about it. The booking was done by phone and no confirmation email was sent. So if you are foolish enough to book this B&B make sure you have written confirmation of your exact requirements with you.

Full payment was made in advance yet the full amount was again taken from my account following our stay. There was a serious lack of customer service skills and none more so than in our dealings with the owner, Helen. Our issues were not earth shattering, and could have been resolved with a bit of understanding and some customer service skill from the owner, but her attitude and lack of customer service skills, made what could have been minor issues turn into a very distasteful and unsatisfactory encounter. Unless there is nowhere else to stay, I would recommend that Jacob's Well be avoided at all costs, if nothing else it does the Irish hospitality industry no favours. I should also add that the bar food was well below par.

Room tip: There were supposed to be mountain views from the room we stayed in but the only view was the wall of the bar next door
Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed 18 August 2019

All Ireland hurling final day.went to watch the match and have a family meal with our three sons.only 2 screens but just about got to see the game.some items on the menu unavailable and no daily specials available. Food was average. Charged 2 euros 50 cents for jug of miwadi for the kids.2 of the 3 staff members we dealt with were miserable and unattentive..will not revisit.

Date of stay: August 2019