Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 06/03/21
FindHotelUS$85
CheapTicketsUS$85
Orbitz.comUS$144
All reviews shared bathroom quiet location pleasant stay one night glenmalure lodge tom proprietor glendalough ireland
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 October 2019

My Mom and I stayed in a twin room with a shared bathroom on the 1st floor. We found the room to be comfortable with more than enough room for the two of us. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. I appreciated that there was more than one pillow on each bed. I found that to not be the case in most of the other places we stayed. The shared bathroom worked out fine for us. Tom was very nice and breakfast was lovely. If you are looking for a place that's in a quiet location in the Wicklow area, this is a nice place. You will have to drive if you check in prior to dinner. There isn't anything within walking distance. Which was fine with us. Tom took the time to recommend places to eat. We decided to go to The Glenmalure Lodge. We had a nice meal there.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 28 July 2019

Family friendly and beautiful location. Perfect for our trip to Clara Lara and Glendalough. Tom was welcoming and friendly. Kids were busy on tree house and apartment was perfect for the family as it had space without the formality of a hotel.
I'd highly recommend.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2019

My daughter and I were going to walk the Wicklow way. However our lugage got lost at the airport and Tom helped us out fantasticly! Without his help our first days in Ireland would have been very bad.

A first experience with Irish friendliness and hospitality!!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

We (3 persons) have stay in Birchdale apartment this October bank holiday weekend, this is not our first time (we have stayed many times) as usual place spotlessly clean, warm & inviting always made very welcome, thanks Tom & staff. Highly recommended

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2018

I was travelling from Dublin to this most beautiful part of the world recently. I arrived 90 minutes early and the taxi driver did not want to leave me on my own before my Auntie’s funeral, so he drove to the nearest signposted B&B (Birchdale House), jumped out and asked the lovely lady there if they’d make me coffee and toast and drive me back to the church in time! They agreed! I genuinely don’t think I’ve met nicer “strangers” in years. This place is amazing and the people there are angels - they will feed your stomach and your soul and you will want to extend your stay (and I wasn’t even a guest!). Thank you so much Birchdale House for your kindness at a very difficult time. MH

Date of stay: September 2018