Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.comUS$83
CheapTicketsUS$83
FindHotelUS$83
All reviews shared bathroom quiet location pleasant stay one night glenmalure lodge
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 September 2018

I was travelling from Dublin to this most beautiful part of the world recently. I arrived 90 minutes early and the taxi driver did not want to leave me on my own before my Auntie’s funeral, so he drove to the nearest signposted B&B (Birchdale House), jumped out and asked the lovely lady there if they’d make me coffee and toast and drive me back to the church in time! They agreed! I genuinely don’t think I’ve met nicer “strangers” in years. This place is amazing and the people there are angels - they will feed your stomach and your soul and you will want to extend your stay (and I wasn’t even a guest!). Thank you so much Birchdale House for your kindness at a very difficult time. MH

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 10 June 2018

We had been booked into birchdale house for 9 mths but the Saturday of our booking were told that they were overbooked. Looked up trip advisor and noticed that this had happened to at least 2 other couples.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2018

The owner Tom was very personable, and made sure we were comfortable and settled. Facility is very clean and sharp. Breakfast was excellent. Located close to several tourist areas including Wicklow Park and other nice areas...

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 17 September 2017

We booked a room at Birchdalehouse B&B seven months ahead of our arrival date. We got a written confirmation from them. When we arrived for our stay there, we were told that he did not have us listed as coming to stay at his B&B for that day and he did not have a room for us because he was completely sold out for that day. We hear about airlines double booking all the time. But B&Bs?

Room tip: Don't even book at this Bed and Breakfast
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tom M, Owner at Birchdale House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

This was an unfortunate error on my part. However, I quickly sourced a similar room in the area for the same price.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Stayed for 2 nights. This property is in a lovely peaceful location. Tom & his staff were very friendly and helpful. We had the room with a balcony and the room was a good size and well furnished with a very comfortable bed. Good shower in the en-suite bathroom.
Breakfast was plentiful with a good selection of both hot & cold items.
Would definitely recommend,