Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Reserve now, pay at stay
CheapTicketsUS$83
Agoda.comUS$83
FindHotelUS$83
All reviews shared bathroom quiet location pleasant stay one night glenmalure lodge
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2018

The owner Tom was very personable, and made sure we were comfortable and settled. Facility is very clean and sharp. Breakfast was excellent. Located close to several tourist areas including Wicklow Park and other nice areas...

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 17 September 2017

We booked a room at Birchdalehouse B&B seven months ahead of our arrival date. We got a written confirmation from them. When we arrived for our stay there, we were told that he did not have us listed as coming to stay at his B&B for that day and he did not have a room for us because he was completely sold out for that day. We hear about airlines double booking all the time. But B&Bs?

Room tip: Don't even book at this Bed and Breakfast
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tom M, Owner at Birchdale House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

This was an unfortunate error on my part. However, I quickly sourced a similar room in the area for the same price.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Stayed for 2 nights. This property is in a lovely peaceful location. Tom & his staff were very friendly and helpful. We had the room with a balcony and the room was a good size and well furnished with a very comfortable bed. Good shower in the en-suite bathroom.
Breakfast was plentiful with a good selection of both hot & cold items.
Would definitely recommend,

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

During our camping trip we found an empty room in Birchdale House via booking.com, reserved it and received a confirmation. This was a last time request, us and our things were drenched, we were rather desperate for accommodation and this was one of our last hopes.

After an hour, I have received a call from the owner, saying that the availavle room displayed on booking.com was a mistake and that he has no free rooms anymore. He basically said he would not host us, but moreover I myslef had to cancell the reservation! We were stressed and time pressed and the owner could not deal with it himself and take responsibility just because booking.com would charge him some fee like that. Not fair dealing I'd say and I recommend carefully checking with this owner, especially for last time requests.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue K
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed in July 2017 for 4 nights around a family wedding elsewhere. We had our dog Otik with us.
We were given the wooden chalet which was very cosy. It opens up onto a little field perfect for happy dogs. If I was to create my own perfect b&b business, I would based it on this place. Genuinely lovely owners who obviously like other people.
The breakfasts were cooked to order, very nice as well and Tom's omlettes should really be given a Michelin star (so my Mrs reckons!)....
We both said we'd love to have spent longer there and would like to return, which we undoubtedly will.
If you are reading this, undecided, take my advice and book it. You won't be disappointed.
Out of 10 stars......I'd give it 10! (Easily )

Date of stay: July 2017