All reviews half board decent breakfast promenade background balcony sea payment century connection dubrovnik pebble august split
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Stayed for three days in a seaside room in the 6th floor, providing a nice view over the bay of Neum. The room is a bit outdated, but regularly attended. Meals are served buffet-style and the choice is quite limited. However, the quality of food served during lunch and dinner was good. On the other side, the hotel has outstanding conferencing facilities.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

The only good thing about this hotel was the view

Dirty and outdated rooms, which were not thoroughly cleaned, with grime in between tiles. We left a packet of sugar on the floor for a whole week and it was not picked up by the cleaning staff.

Arrogant service. One time we asked for another bath towel as we had one missing, and after 30-45 mins the cleaning maid came up with the towel. She knocked on the door and after a couple of seconds she opened the door and walked straight into the room as soon as I arrived at the door. She wanted to go into the bathroom but I told her that she couldn't as my mum was showering. She insisted and pushed over me to go in, just to count the towels!!!! She walked into the bathroom while my mum was showering which is totally unrespectful, all the while my mum and I shouting to get out of the bathroom. She then almost threw the towel at me and left the room. When we went down to the reception to complain, the same cleaning maid was coincidentally there and we complained about what had happened. The receptionist and the maid started speaking in croatian between them and laughed in our faces. When I asked the receptionist whether she would like it if someone came into the bathroom while she was showering she didn't answer and laughed. Horrible horrible service!!!

Food wasn't very good... in fact one time half of our tour had stomach upsets.

Would never ever return to this hotel!!!!

Only good thing was the pool which is overlooking the adriatic sea.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Maps727695
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Very pleasantly surprised by the improvement of the hotel, from extremely confident and competent check in team to very pleasing decor. With original local masters' paintings the artwork on the walls of this hotel is enchanting. You feel like you are in art gallery. Rooms not so modern but very clean. Bed and pillows comfortable too. The view and the pool area are just stuning! The staff was polite, courteous, helpful and efficient and met our needs immediately. Nothing was too much trouble.Definitely recommend to visitors from both, business and pleasure.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I was at the hotel from 7 till 14 August I think the food was good the hotel nice and clean fantastic pool and very near to the sea. The waiters were very polite and helpful and hard-working. I am gluten intolerant and they were very quick and helpful in bringing me bread as soon as they saw me each morning. I loved seeing older staff with a smile on their faces and they always greeted us. The food and service was great and very good value. Will definitely go back there again.keep up the great work guys. Beautiful hotel and Bosnia is amazing and very safe please visit and try it. Shirley Grima from Gozo Malta

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Shirley G
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Stayed at Hotel Sunce for one week last week and I was quite disappointed. The location is fantastic as you can enjoy a lovely sunset if you have a seafront room and a stroll along the promenade. Otherwise, the hotel needs a refurbishment especially the bathrooms. Toiletries were poor and the worst part of it were the towels which need to be changed as they are too old and harsh enough to be used as a scrub! It is also annoying that you must have your own personal towels to use the pool. The balcony doors are not sound-proof and consequently the noise level late at night can be high. Another big problem is the hotel having only 2 slow lifts. The hotel is substantially large and 2 lifts are definitely not enough! We used to use stairs. Imagine climbing 5 floors up from the restaurant after a heavy breakfast or meal. By the way, the breakfast was not bad. Nothing great but acceptable.

Room tip: higher level rooms reduce external noise but then there's more stairs to climb!
Date of stay: August 2016