3,554 results
All reviews petit pariz french restaurant swim up room montego bay butler suite ziva pool all inclusive resort new building di roza jerk shack airport lounge union jackz barefoot jerkz brazilian steakhouse choicez buffet kelly ann pool bar
Reviewed 29 March 2016

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattZivaRoseHall, General Manager at Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2016

Reviewed 29 March 2016

amazing hotel, friendly staff! The staff will go far and beyond to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Beach and pool area are very nice. Towels to both supplied by hotel. rooms are neat and clean and well appointed. restaurants on site are very good, wait service is excellent.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Ann Marie,

Thank you for your great comments on our property and for the visit as well.

It is always a delight to hear from our guests who had a wonderful time with us. I am very pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be amazing and the staff to be friendly . Our aim at this resort is to ensure that your stay is nothing less than perfect and as such we are always willing to go above and beyond to meet all your expectations.

Thank you for highlighting the areas which you enjoyed such as the restaurants, rooms, beach and pool area as well as the wait service .

We are delighted to know you had an overall great stay . Thanks for choosing our hotel - we can't wait to host you again!

"With service from the heart"

Reviewed 28 March 2016

I went here with 5 girls, and had a wonderful time.Courtney helped get us all upgraded to suites, which overlooked the ocean. Some of the restaurants were excellent, especially the Jerk Shack and the Italian restaurant. Our meal at the French place was horrendous ~ none of us could eat our meals, service was slow, and the wait staff seemed inept.
There is a great piano bar on the Ziva side where they serve the top shelf liquor. That's the perfect spot to have a drink any time of day.
Waiters and waitresses were friendly and went out of their way to serve us. At night, the whole resort seemed to close up around 9:00. Maybe it was just the week we were there, but the Karaoke bar and Brazilian Steakhouse were never open, and the disco was generally empty.
Overall, it's a beautifully maintained resort, and I would recommend it.

Stayed: March 2016
2  Thank Kristy_DC
HyattZivaRoseHall, General Manager at Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2016

Dear Kristy_DC,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Hyatt Zilara . It is our aim to ensure that your time spent with us is nothing but wonderful. We appreciate your comments on the restaurants and do apologize for the areas in which we fell short in service .Rest assured that we will be addressing this matter so as not to have a re-occurrence of same.

Thank you also for highlighting our associates as well as for your recommendation . I will be sure to share your review with everyone .

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you again .

"With service from the Heart"

Reviewed 28 March 2016

I organize our annual trip for my sales staff and their spouses who qualify. To say the least I do my homework on our proposed destinations. After doing my homework on Zilara I had a few minor concerns that never popped up during our 5 night stay. I have seen negative comments concerning staff, rocky beach, food, location etc and I just did not see it at this property. I travel extensively and have stayed in a wide variety of properties and I would strongly recommend the Hyatt Zilara. To take you through the course of our stay we start with arriving at the Montego airport where we flew through customs and were taken to the Private hospitality room for the Hyatt. Waiting with a red stripe or momosa while the private shuttle arrives is a perfect start to our trip. Do not buy the service for bypassing customs unless you are arriving after 2pm on busy days. Also, complete a customs form for each person in your group over 18, even if family, it will save you some time.
Since we arrived early our rooms were not ready but the hotel kindly gave our group of 12 a room to use during the day to change clothes and start our trip. Very considerate and is why you contact the hotel in advance to let them know you are bringing a group with you. Ok, the beach, not a winding long expansive beach and there are a few areas that are rocky but all in all very clean, nice sand, excellent views and if you want to swim "no problem". Plenty of room to walk etc. Oceanfront rooms were awesome and we stayed in the new building which is very convenient to everything including the lobby. Food was excellent and plentiful if that is your thing.
Ate at the Jamaican, Brazil, Asian, and sports bar and all were good and above expectations. Arranged a dinner for my group at both the jamaican and brazil and all were very accomodating and even prepared lobster for our group at the jamaican. No problems with water temperature in our rooms. Prior reviews had complaints about pool temperature but did not see it here. Was very refreshing and who would want warm water while in a pool in Jamaica with 85 degree temperatures? Did have to put out towels in morning to secure beach chairs but never at the pool. Tool a side trip with our group to Dunn's river falls through a 3rd party vendor. Was nice but do not take any valuables or credit cards with you as mine was compromised and someone tried to make a couple of charges that were declined. Also check the cruise line schedule before going as it was a zoo full of people there when we left (thanks to tour operator to getting us in early) Hyatt addressed credit card situation promptly and to my satisfaction (not their fault).
Grounds are impeccable!! Be smart with the staff and bring a couple hundred dollars in ones and fives and spread it around. They work very hard and long hours and just because its an all inclusive does not mean you cannot tip for excellent service. Finally, during all my travels I can honestly say that this property has the most friendliest, helpful, polite staff that I have ever encountered. Everybody from the top down were awesome and I can assure them we will be back!!

Room Tip: request the new building and choose floors 3 or higher, choose bldgs on the sides if want swim up rooms for more sun exposure
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank Trent5007
HyattZivaRoseHall, General Manager at Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2016

Dear Trent5007,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful review with us. It was such pleasure hosting you at our amazing property .

It is indeed lovely to hear that you had an amazing time and found everyone to be awesome. I appreciate all your kind remarks on the property , including the food at the various restaurants . Also very happy to know you had the opportunity to venture off property for a few hours to enjoy some other places in Jamaica.

We know how important and special trips are and so we always aim to ensure that all our guests are absolutely happy and comfortable throughout their entire stay .

I am pleased to inform you that we are currently addressing the issue of the beach/pool chairs and will have ample amount available for all to enjoy. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that on your return trip, it will be a lot less hassle for you.

Thank you so much for all your comments, and also for choosing the Hyatt Zilara . We can't wait to welcome you back soon .

"With service from the heart"

Reviewed 28 March 2016

We stayed at Hyatt Zilara and had an amazing vacation. The views of the sea were beautiful and the hotel was very clean. The staff were so friendly and accommodating. They cater to you and have a strong customer service focus. I would highly recommend this hotel. The restaurants were all great. Our favorite for breakfast was the Horizonz. It is right on the beach and the food and service were great. Our server Dwayne provided exceptional service each morning. Calypzo was our favorite dinner with fresh shrimp and seafood. You have to try the jerk chicken from Barefoot Jerkz. It is served right on the beach with rice and it is so good. We had to eat here a couple times as it was so good. Overall it was one of our best vacations and we would definitely go back to Hyatt Zilara in the future.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family

Dear Michelle Lynn H,

What better place to be than the Hyatt Zilara, Jamaica ! We are honored to have had you as a guest and moreso very delighted to hear from you .

I am very happy to know that you found the restaurants to be all great and that your favorite is the Horizon ; we are also delighted to know you were able to experience a few others as well. I totally agree with you- the Jerk is definitely a must !

Here at the resort our main aim is to deliver quality service to all guests and I am glad to know we delivered well. Our staff are simply amazing and surely enjoy what they do daily. I will pass along your warm regards to Dwayne as well to let him know how much of good time was had.

I am happy to know that you had an overall lovely experience. I appreciate the recommendations and would also love the opportunity to welcome you back .

Once again, thanks for choosing to stay with us. See you soon !

"With service from the Heart"