25 people are viewing this hotel
eDreamsUS$289
Booking.comUS$289
getaroom.comUS$293
5,422 results
All reviews water park lazy river seaside grill luna di mare palms restaurant fresh buffet mango anna kay bbq night teen zone diamond member jerk hut swim up bar partial ocean view coffee bar montego bay jamaican night
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 June 2019

My mom and I stayed during the time there were ALOT of trainees. Service was very inconsistent. Front desk at check was awful. I felt like I was in a long line at a grocery store waiting for the manager to see the line and open up another register. Nope...didn't happen. It was very warm and while the staff did walk up to us with warm face towels and cool drinks, those sitting (like my mom) didn't get the same courtesy. I wasn't aware of the deposit (based on time staying) until check-in. While this isn't uncommon, it should be made clear their policy BEFORE you reserve a room. For smokers, there is also a hefty fine to clean the room if reeks of odors. My suggestion is the balcony (at your discretion) or the designated smoking area outside near the bar. Speaking of the bar....I asked for the same drink several times and either it was made different each time or it was weak as rain water. The servers/bartenders were training as well. I made reservations for the specialty restaurant and it listed the dress code policy for fine dining. My mom and I followed the stuffy rule and it seemed like we didn't get the memo because everyone was either in casual wear, booty shorts or flip flops. The restaurant was hot as hell and the food was "meh". I will say that the waitstaff at the regular restaurant and Seaside Grill was outstanding as was the food. The only thing I didn't care for at the main restaurant was that the ceiling was open to exposed pipes. They need that covered. Last thing I want is dust or spider webs in my food. If you called the front desk, it took a longggg time for a response and when they answered, they were quite short. I get it, fully booked resort, new hires, limited staff BUT some things they should tweak. For instance, the Italian specialty restaurant. Reservations were made for 8pm and there was a long line forming. Rather than call in each guest once a table was ready, they made us stand there until every single table was cleaned. The room wasn't bad but the air was a bit quirky. It either got too hot or too cold. No happy medium. Our room had the view of a roof which sucked and to the right, the employee parking lot. The setup of the stairs/elevator was a bit off too. The stairs (29 of them) were the bane of my existence. I climbed these things allllll day long to get to either the pool, bar or restaurant. If you opt for the elevator, you walk to the side entrance, you must walk a long ramp, pass the spa, around the corridor. Now to some it sounds whiny to say this. But if you are a senior citizen, out of shape or enjoying "island life" (pick your poison), those options are the devil. I wanted so bad to play in ocean but the water was filled with so man dead leaves from the trees that tangle your legs when you walk in. As unsightly as the leaves in the water were, I tried to wade past carefully. The leaves didn't make me turn around, the rocks under my naked feet did. Please wear the proper footing like aqua socks. Did these things dampen my mood or my trip? No man....it's Jamaica! You adjust and make mental notes for your next vacation.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Itsmilly074
CClarkeHRH, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review our property after your recent stay with us.
Our Management Team will be viewing your feedback to ensure that improvements are made to the areas mentioned.

Thank you for having allowed us the opportunity to host you on this visit and we invite you to visit us again in the near future so that you may have a true Hilton experience.

Regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2019 via mobile

I had the time of my life on this vacation! The resort was absolutely amazing and I had zero troubles. The staff is also great & very friendly- with a special shout out to Neville, the best bar tender I’ve ever had!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks for such a superb review! We are really happy that you chose the Hilton Rose Hall Resort and enjoyed your experience enough to share it with us.

We do hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 June 2019

We had a great experience at the Hilton Rose Hall Resort. There is a good variety of restaurants and the daily buffet if you like had plenty of options with everything labeled, identified gluten free options and fresh fruit. With the crime rate in Jamaica we were concerned about feeling safe but there was never a time where this was a concern. Other than traveling to and from the airport we didn't leave the resort. On the waterslide, one requires the tube and it is fun for kids and adults. The other slide is lacking, it is basically a combination of 3 mini slides where you work your way to the end by going down all 3 but this is basic. The lazy river and swim up bar was really nice. The staff was very accommodating to the kids, making the adult drinks without the alcohol.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank O1065OBjasonw
CClarkeHRH, Manager at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2019

Reviewed 4 June 2019

Rooms need to be updated but overall a pretty good place. The food at the buffets was ok but the food at the restaurants was much better. The beach party dinner was great as the staff did a very nice job.

2  Thank Robert C

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort after your recent visit to our property. We are delighted to hear that you were pleased with our facilities, food and with the excellent service provided by our staff members. Our staff members take pride in their jobs and always strive to achieve 100% guest satisfaction, we are delighted to know that they were amazing and went above and beyond to make your stay a memorable one. There were some other areas that you provided feedback on and we do appreciate you letting us know as this will allow our Management Team to take corrective action where necessary. We do hope to see you and your family again in the future, making us “your home away from home".

Reviewed 4 June 2019

So this hotel was super teen friendly and the grounds stretch far and wide.
Top Wins - Beach is super accessible and service is amazing, my room was always clean and I always had fresh towels. My refrigerator was stocked daily so I always had drinks and snacks. Do visit the "Regal Ruins" for the perfect image and walk to the other side of the beach for Jerk Chicken. Take full advantage of the free water activities and request a coconut as often as they will allow.
Opportunities - Communication, if I were not the queen of researching were I am staying I would have never known about the "Regal Ruins" or the coconut request. They should inform guest about all that the hotel has to offer daily and more themed evenings wine and tequila tastings. Accompanied by more vegetarian options and a more nimble restaurant management team (remember the goal is to make us happy not complicate our request) Also a big help would be bug repellent candles and spray. Nothing was ever offered, hope this is helpful. Travel Well!!

Room tip: Get a room with a view, it is worth it
  • Trip type: Travelled with family