See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 June 2016

I went for a 4 day holiday with my family, I have two young kids. Our room was super nice and very spacious, the bed was really good and confortable, we all slept very well. The highlight for me was the shower, with abundance and easy to control the temperature, after a day at the beach all I want is a nice warm bath.
The breakfast was delicious, with many fruits, bread, cake, cereals, eggs, tapiocas, etc.
The staff was super nice with us, specially with my little ones, they had a lot of patience and were always sweet with them.
The location is another great point, it's in front of the beach, not many Pousasadas are, it's 2 blocks from Projeto Tamar and another block from the village, which makes easy to go out for dinner or lunch.
If I go back I will stay there for sure.

Room Tip: I stayed at number 6, it was really spacious
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2016

This was the 5th time I've stayed here over the past 8 years and it is always a great experience! Highly recommend for the location, service, comfortable and clean rooms, and wonderful breakfast! They offer a friendly setting with great food and close to downtown... you can walk along the beach if the tide is low, or through the condo if the tide is high. Right in front of the pousada, sea turtles like to swim and eat every time the tide is high, and the reefs are great for snorkeling and beach combing. Not a super fancy place, but very clean, comfortable and with all the amenities you need to enjoy a stay at Praia do Forte!

Room Tip: Up stairs rooms have a side view of the ocean through the trees, but no direct ocean front views at any hotels in Praia do Forte.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

When we come to Praia do Forte we always try to stay here (and only stay elsewhere if there is no availability here). Even though there are nice places around here, Farol has the best view, the cleanest rooms, a delicious breakfast (homemade things and great variety) and great service. This is the place to be in PForte - relaxation and the best felling! Charming, elegant, personal... Always great!

Stayed: February 2016
Reviewed 16 February 2016 via mobile

This Pousada is well situated right on the beach. The staff are really friendly and the food is excellent. There was plenty of selection at breakfast and lots was freshly baked. Easy 5 minute walk to the main shopping area. The rooms and pool were very clean. My only criticism would be that the gardens leading down to the beach could do with some attention, otherwise superb!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and I spent a week here in Jan 2016 and loved it. The Pousada is ideally located right on the beach and within a 5 mins walk to the 'Projeto Tamar' (Turtle nursery ), which is right next to the church and the start of the main town. Our ground floor room (Apartment 2) was a good size with French doors that opened directly to a private table/chair/hammock area right in front of the pool.
Breakfast was great and the 'all female staff' were super friendly, efficient and really seemed to 'care' about their job and in making our stay a special one. In fact the food in general was excellent. If you choose to eat lunch poolside you won't be disappointed and the prices were generally less than mid range restaurants in the village.
There is also a nice an unexpected bonus of 'free' afternoon tea/coffee/cake for guests on weekends, and like with the breakfast, everything is freshly prepared in their kitchen to order.
If I had to make one criticism it would be that the bathroom (in our case anyway) could probably do with a fresh lick of paint and a new set of shower curtains, but as everything else was so good, that in no way deterred from what was a thoroughly enjoyable stay. Check out my photos for more info

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple