2,675 results
All reviews lagoon pool main building sea view animation team corfu town on tap asian restaurant man made beach kids club family room boat trip evening entertainment lovely hotel soft drinks water sports lower pool gouvia bay
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I have just returned from a 1 week holiday at the Corcyra beach. I visited this hotel 26 years ago with my parents and we had fond memories of it. It was a coincidence that this hotel met my search criteria for this year. I’m very pleased that we selected this hotel. I was looking for a family friendly hotel, with good rooms and decent food and somewhere that wasn’t off the beaten track. I travelled with my three children, aged 9 and under and my parents.

We stayed in rooms 456 and 457, both family rooms in the main building with sliding partition doors. The view from the balcony was spectacular- hard to beat, I would say. Cleanliness was excellent. Bathroom was a little tired but in perfectly working order.

The hotel was full, according to a member of staff I asked. I was interested to know at what capacity the hotel was running at as although you could tell it was a busy time, it didn’t feel frantic.

Food wise, this was my first ALl Inclusive. I was a little apprehensive that it would be chaos and like a school dining hall but I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed the many Greek dishes and I found the food to be regularly re stocked and hot. I could see that the kitchen staff and chefs were always monitoring the situation. We only ever had to wait about 5 minutes if we requested a table on the terrace, outside ( most definitely worth the wait for the spectacular views). To sit inside, there was never a wait. The staff managed this very well, attending to lots of people in a friendly and efficient manner. Tables were cleared promptly and on several occasions, staff offered to get us drinks which I hadn’t expected them to do at all.

The Muro restaurant was a nice change (book in the main restaurant). Bento boxes were good and I must admit, it was lovely to be waited on and for us all to sit down at the same time. The set menu was varied and if good quality- again this exceeded my expectations.

At the pool areas, there was plentiful shade, especially at the pool near to the beach and sun loungers were readily available. The pools were clean and a good temperature in 33 degree heat.

The Animation team were a lovely bunch. The
bearded guy with red hair was fantastic with the children and always stopped to say hello to my children. The Tui Kids’ Club was excellent. My daughters really enjoyed the activities. Leon, Paige, Emily and Larissa worked really hard at making sure the children had a great time.

The entertainment was quite good- it’s not Las Vegas show standard but I wouldn’t expect it to be. It was quite varied and I’d say there was something for everyone. I personally think that any form of live entertainment is worth a watch but that’s just me. The Acrobatic show was good fun and the children loved it. Il Divo singers were also very talented. The Greek Dancing was charming- not showstopping but I think it’s really important to support these acts as they are part of Greek Heritage and Culture.

The hotel is situated within walking distance to Gouvia. It’s not prime promenading territory but it’s fine for a little wander. It is also a well located hotel in terms of transport to around the island. We went to Corfu Town on the number 7 bus and 26 years ago, we hired a car and drove all over the island- it’s not a big island and very scenic in places.

A few small pointers that I noticed in terms of improvements:

The football goals in the children’s playground are shredded. They need to be replaced or removed- it makes the otherwise lovely little playground, look very tired and abandoned.

The crazy golf is very tired- a bit of refelting wouldn’t go amiss! We were still able to play a game of crazy golf but it did give the impression of a neglected facility. It’s not a major selling point but an upgrade would bring the hotel up to a higher standard.

It was good to see some recycling spots but perhaps plastic straws could be switched to paper? Also, a place to recycle plastic bottles would be good if they are able to be recycled on Corfu.

These are just a few minor points. We have had a lovely holiday at the Corcyra Beach. We experienced minimal queues etc at Corfu Airport do we must have been lucky/ I can see how it would have been chaotic at busy times. I would recommend the hotel to others and I would potentially stay here again or consider another Louis Hotel.

For me, the best aspects overall were the view from the restaurant terrace and the general friendliness and competency of the hotel staff; whatever their role.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank AgeEdinburgh
Manolis S, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel, we would like to thank you for choosing to spend your holiday with us and for writing such a detailed review about your experience.

It is indeed brilliant to hear that our hotel lived up to your expectations. Thank you for highlighting to the rest online reviewers our food quality and food variety, the high cleaning standards of the rooms and last but not least our friendly and hard working staff members.

We are grateful that you pointed out some aspects that could be improved in the future as your opinion truly matters to us.

We are overwhelmed to read that you would visit us again in the future and we hope it's not too long before we have the pleasure of hosting you back at the Louis Corcyra Beach or to another hotel of our chain.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2018

We returned from Louis Corcyra Beach on 29th June 2018 after a lovely 2 week holiday. This has been our 12th year and still love it just as much as the first visit. Over the years the hotel has improved but could still look at a few things. It was good to see tea making facilities in the room this year and fresh bottles of water each day. As this is a 4 star hotel it could do with a few changes such as a free safe, swimming pool to open early (as I was ordered out of it one morning by the young attendant) and in June it is light early morning. As this hotel as one main restaurant it needs to look at families with pushchairs and using high chairs especially in the outside eating area, perhaps a time should be set for families as they do have a family area inside. The highhxhairs and pushchairs are a hazard. The Asian restaurant could be put to more use -maybe an adult only bar/lounge and then have an Asian night in the main restuarant. This is the only hotel in he chain without a gym and there are all other facilities. The staff are great and you need older members of staff to train the young ones. We look forward to seeing you again next year. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Nausicca Building or Bungalow
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear loyal Guest,

Our heartfelt thanks for sharing your holiday experience on Tripadvisor; this is hugely appreciated by all of us working here at the Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel.

Welcoming back our repeat guests, is always a delight for the entire Corcyra team, so we wish to thank you on behalf of our colleagues for honoring us so many years.
We dearly thank you for these valuable suggestions; we will certainly take them into consideration for future improvements as your opinion means the world to us.

Once again, we most sincerely thank you for supporting us with your loyalty and we are glad to be informed that you'll be back with us next year again.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

We went back to the Louis for the third time , as we went through the door we were welcomed with a smile , all the staff are very pleasent in the morning or evening if you are lucky enough to have either amelia or symeon looking after your table then you are in for a treat. . The new bar manager mr harris revis keeps you feeling relaxed and having fun ,maria is always happy and has a big smile . All in all the hotel is worth the five circles that i have rated it ,even the hotel manager is regularly seen and very approachable. Cant wait to go back next year

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Manolis S, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear loyal Guest,

Your five star tripadvisor review made our day. Thank you so much for supporting the Louis Corcyra Beach team with these wonderful words and with your loyalty.

Amelia, Symeon , Mr Harris and Maria are real stars and we are truly happy to work with such efficient colleagues and such great individuals; we will definitely copy them your compliments.
We are especially glad that, like many other reviewers, you've singled out our staff for their top-notch service and their genuine friendliness.

We greatly look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel again next year. Thanking you again for your loyalty.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

3rd year running we arrived at the Louis and were greeted like old friends, we felt so welcome, as always the place was clean and fresh. To our delight Amelia and Symeon were still working there as they are amazing at their job,two new additions to the staff team turned out to be an excellent move, Mr Harris Revis as bar manager,a very efficient and pleasent gentleman and Maria a delightful young lady. We're now looking forward to our 4th year there, only 340 days and counting.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jenny C

Dear loyal Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your glowing review about your third stay at the Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel.

Welcoming back our repeat guests is always a delight for the entire Corcyra team so we wish to thank you on behalf of all of our colleagues for honoring us with another stay.
Many thanks also for expressing your gratitude for our friendly staff, your special mentions to Amelia, Symeon, Mr Harris and Maria are really overwhelming and they made them all very, very happy.

We are delighted to hear that you will return at the Louis Corcyra Beach hotel next year; it will be an absolute pleasure to have you as our guest for the fourth time.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Well I booked this hotel with Thomson/tui 12 months before we went , we got back on Monday the 9th, when we arrived in corfu the heavens had opened , we had to wait for the rain to get much lighter before we was allowed to our room , nobody showed us were our room was , and we walked around for 45 minutes before we decided to get someone from reception to show us were it was , room 498 is hard to find by now I was wet through and not very happy , well when I opened the door the room was not the same as in the brochure , it was very small and badly designed , I paid just short of three thousand pounds for my holiday and wasn t prepared to stay in that room for our holidays , so I spoke to the thomsom rep who advised me to speak to the manager of the rooms kovvenia I think shes called , she imformed me there was no rooms till Friday , so I said that would be half way through my holidays and I knew that 39 people had travelled home the day before she came across quite aggressive asking me if I was telling her how to do her job and did I want to come round and do it for her, so I just said all I want is a room ive paid for as on my paper work it says bedroom in main building , ours wasn t , she then said maybe I need to take it up with Thomson they are allocated rooms and its up to them if they sold me a room in main building she said they can t do that , so I said id take it up with them , that same day I was offered a room which I would have expected to be in in the first place , it was then I started to really enjoy my experience , this is the second louis hotel I have stayed at , all the staff work hard from the restaurants (costas} is exceptional waiter, the entertainment team work very hard (Ali G and justennia ) you made me laugh , the bar staff Maria was very friendly always smiling , the management team make sure your holiday is top notch , the food in the restaurants was plentiful something for everyone, beers , wine on tap , cocktails were lovely,the views from the rooms were stunning , we spent most of our time down on the beach were there is a jetty to do watersports, there is a handful of shops nearby , the airport is only 25 minutes away , oh we went to the Asian restaurant here twice and its a set menu , we tried everything and enjoyed it , things we would never have choosen ourselves should it be we was choosing , the apartments were always clean and the cleaning ladies will leave you a bottle of water , there is always hot water available for shower/bath , tea and coffee facilitys in your rooms as well , the only thing I thought was missing from our room was a small iron , but nothing major , overall a lovely hotel with friendly people beautiful food and beautiful views, just make sure though if you book via a holiday company you get what you pay for .

Stayed: June 2018
3  Thank Michelle H
Manolis S, General Manager at Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel, we would like to thank you for choosing to spend your holiday with us and for sharing some thoughts online.

It is truly delightful to know that so many aspects of your stay were to your utmost satisfaction.
Thank you for appreciating the efforts of our skilled and dedicated team. Your special mentions to Ali our chief entertainer Justennia from our animation team, Costas our superb waiter and Maria our lovely barwoman are truly treasured; they are all sending you back their hellos and thank yous.
We are overjoyed by the fact that you found our cuisine to offer a wide selection of tasteful dishes that cater to everyone's liking. It is also a pleasure to hear that in our Asian restaurant you tried dishes that you wouldn't try normally.

With respect to your remark concerning your first room, let us kindly inform you that when our esteemed guests arrive to our hotel we ask them to wait a little bit in our lobby until somebody escorts to their room. Especially due to heavy rain the only reason we assume you went to your room by yourself is misunderstanding; however we would like to sincerely apologize.

In regards to the incident involving our frond office manager, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Our frond office manager Mrs. Korina was shown your review and has asked us to send you her apologies and to inform you that she had no intention in disappointing you in any way. Korina has been part of our team for many years and has always been courteous and hospitable with all of our guests but at this moment as she informed us as well there was indeed no availability; however the first second that a room as the one you have booked was free, you were directly moved.

In spite of these difficulties at the beginning of your stay, we are glad to hear that your overall holiday was enjoyable. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the imminent future, for another memorable experience.

With best wishes,