See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

This resort cares nothing for the environment and constantly sails it’s boat into the Marine Sanctuary to pick up and drop off guests causing untold damage to the delicate corals and marine life.
If you care anything about the environment or this planet give them a miss!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul M
Mary Hope M, sales at Bahura Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Hi Mr. Paul,

Thank you for your review.

Please be informed that we don't have any diving boats that are currently operating, all our diving boats are dry-docked in front of the beach area, we are tied-up with a dive shop that is picking-up and dropping off guests meters away from the marine sanctuary, if there's anyone violating the marine rules or damaging the sanctuaries our Bantay Dagat can easily caught them since they are just located beside the resort premises.

Rest assure that we are not violating any marine rules and we are protecting the sanctuaries as much as we can because we care for the environment.

Thank you.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

We are from Cebu and went to Dumaguete with our Car(road trip) we passed by this beautiful resort from our view on the outside but when we tried to get in the guard did not allow us to enter. We just wanted to check the place for future travels back to Dumaguete or just eat at their restaurant but we were advice that its not allowed and we need to call in advance for appointment.

I mean we have travelled to different places and even went to more enpensive resorts 5 star resorts all over the world and im pretty sure you can just enter the vicinity to just even check without doing anything but this resort a small one does not allow such? If you would go the Cebu you can just visit resorts such as Shangrila, Plantstiin Bay, Crimson, JPark and bluewaters and etc by even taking pictures and ordering food at their restaurants. I just dont get this resort. I think they need to change their rules and consider other travelers who just wanted to check the place becuase for sure its also one way to get good advertisement

Very dissapointing!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Lawrence O
Reviewed 25 May 2017

I came here with my family and friends to spend the day and eat lunch. The entry fee was very reasonable and the lunch was pretty good for the money. The service was pretty good too. I can't fault anything there. The pools were magnificent. Both huge and clean and we had a lot of fun.
It wasn't packed with people so it was quite a nice quiet pleasant experience for us and there is so much space here unlike other resorts nearby which are a bit claustrophobic.
The other resorts don't provide towels and nor do Bahura. But what do you expect for the low entrance fee. We are from Cebu City and if you visit a hotel for the day on Mactan island its P3000-4000 for the day!! What you get for your entrance fee is really really good value for money compared to Mactan island.
If you don't like it here you must be from one of this hotels competitors.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Simontimmins
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

We went there to celebrate my daughter's birthday supposedly but turned nightmare. I booked Villa online but very very disappointed on how it turned out. The room is so dusty that I had allergy attack. Sign of no 0 maintenance. You can see rust and chipped wood. I wonder why they still open this kind of accommodation. Jacuzzi is not working. The split type aircon is so dirty which I assumed it wasn't clean since they opened the resort. The pool is so dirty that its like swimming with the bugs and flies. Towels you have to request because they only provide 2-3 per room and most of the towels are very used and old. We had to decide to check out because we can't stand the place. They should close this resort to be fair to everyone.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Daphnie D
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Took my family for lunch and swimming.
We don't mind paying as long as they have the facilities. For 500 pesos (£8) per head to swim, there are no towels, no loungers, not even a changing room nor shower room. The pool needs some serious maintenance as our 8-year-old daughter managed to get a piece of glass stuck in her foot in the pool!

Don't get me wrong, they have the view but it's run down. The pool is massive - you can have hundreds of guests but we wondered why there were only 3 other people in the whole pool and restaurant?

As for the manager, her attitude was appalling. When we complained about being overcharged the manager told us that we were "not welcome" there and that we should "find another resort".

Some points for the management to improve:
- Clean the pool!! Children are getting glass splinters!
- Change manager; as I said before, you could easily make money with that view but the manager has a serious attitude problem.
- Install wifi. What kind of resort doesn't have wifi??
- Remove the gravel on the beach so that it can actually be used; we visited other resorts around the area and this is exactly what they have done.

If the manager had simply looked around the other resorts in the area and seen how they run there would not be so many issues and maybe the place would be full of people!

Definitely not worth the 40 minute drive from Dumaguete!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Emmahoney42
Management response:Responded 24 April 2017

Greetings Ms. Emma. It was indeed a sunny April 2, Sunday. I was present when details of your visit and listened to your concerns that were appropriately and in its simplest way conveyed to your Husband who in return gladly opted to go a la carte availing the food Consumable over the buffet of the Resort's package inclusion that brought you to conclude of having overcharged at billing time.

Allow me this chance to inform our valued continuoud guest that daytripper package is on a first come first serve.