All reviews dive resort muck diving new friends apo island fan cottage other guests open water dive shop beach front hot water ac room great diving sea view great place to learn boat crew my gf underwater camera
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights and did App Island snorkelling.

Zoe was good at responding to all my emails quickly and all seemed good.

When we arrived we were shown to one of the beach huts with "beach front". You could see the sea if you stand outside of the hut so think they need to reconsider what they call beach front.

The hut had clean linen and hot showers where the water is supplied by the hot springs. That's pretty cool and the best thing about the place. The hut could do with a good scrub though and especially in the bathroom. There was a cockroach that we suspect has a colony living in a crack in the bamboo in the bathroom.

The first night we were woken by A couple who were having a domestic. Shouting, screaming, sobbing and scuffles for 2 hours. I emailed Zoe to ask her to do something and we spoke to the security guards to ask them to ask the couple to stop. Zoe responded in the morning basically saying too bad and the guards didn't do anything but watch.

The next day we went snorkelling to Apo Island. We joined with the divers and at the first stop the boat left us in the water for over 1.45 hours. When we started swimming towards it they just left. They went to pick up the divers but just left us without a word. When we finally got back on the boat I told the female diving instructor and she said it was bad and spoke to the boat boys. One of them made a joke saying "why, was there an emergency" and started laughing. I asked him what was funny and it was clear that they had no respect for me nor their colleague. The instructor apologised to my boyfriend...sort of.
This was a shocking experience and as my partner had cramp it could have been much worse. But not just that, to be laughed at when making a complaint.

Anyway the rest of the apo trip was basic... food was basic... We had our own snorkel equipment which was lucky cos they didnt have any in the correct sizes for us. Pretty bad really.The other guests were lovely and we had some good conversations.

Local food from the menu is good ie the kinelaw and Adobo but the pizzas etc sucked. Portions are decent.

We settled our bill the night before leaving and there quite a few mistakes so I would recommend checking it for over charging.

The road to the resort is pretty rough. Considering our time here I absolutely would never ever return nor recommend. The divers who were staying for a few weeks seemed to have a good time though.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Martini_Meow
Reviewed 23 September 2017

We arranged a package for our stay at Liquid resort and we're so happy with everything! We paid 39,000 php for this (total for two) and it included full board meals with the pick of whatever you wanted from an excellent menu with Philippine favourites as well as western options (breakfast was a smaller set options menu), free water available at all times, deluxe lodge with (super!) king bed - there are budget rooms available with bed & table, six fun dives (3 a day for 2 days, 3 nights) inclusive of all equipment hire and guide (Our guide Adrian was very attentive, friendly and helpful throughout our stay and it was just us two and him on dives which meant some flexibility and freedom). The price also included return transfers to/from airport or port.
Extras that we paid on the final bill included many cocktails (they have an amazing 2 for 1 happy hour from 4-6pm) and also a supplement fee for a day trip to Apo Island (600php per person per day so 1200 for us to do that one day) which is around 45mins-1 hour boat ride away and well worth it!
Zoe, one of the owners, greeted us on our first night and we had a lovely chat - all staff here are so welcoming and available to help.
The resort itself is very professionally set up, both practical and enjoyable for divers to train, certify, and relax in the evenings. There is a pool table, dart board, books available to borrow and a very chilled atmosphere about the resort.
The dive resort is 5* PADI and offers professional development so may have the pool being used for training (this only took over the whole pool once while we were there so no inconvenience really) and also dive master 'trainees' may accompany you on the dives. Also there is a new pool already planned and underway which will be solely for leisure purposes.
Dive-wise, the dive sites here are awesome - visibility was amazing each place we went and turtles galore! We went diving previously to this in Malaysia and saw a glimpse of a green turtle swimming away and thought it was great, but this place blew that out of the water! Also great for macro life but I was fixated on the turtles all around us!! You were close enough to touch (but don't!) Two were mating, a baby was sleeping, I'm so pleased we came here for diving!
Overall, definitely recommend, everything you need, want and more!

Room Tip: Look for a special offer package directly on Liquid Dumaguete's website
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank N0MADICLEE
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Pros: Okay food, nice and romantic view, cheap, good tour in Apo Island, lots of people were here for diving courses but I didn't attend any of those. There is a pool table there as well which I like.

Cons: It was hard arriving at the resort from the main road through tricycle. The road was very bumpy. Customer service is just okay, staff doesn't seem to be very enthusiastic. The food is quite expensive. The main problem for me is the room type. I didn't research well enough so it's partly my fault. The room has bamboo roof and it's very easy for bugs to come inside. I have a very sensitive skin so I couldn't sleep with bugs dropping on my bed. I asked staff for bug net but they don't have any. In the end, I slept on the bench near the beach. Good thing they have night guard there.

Overall, I think I might be a bit harsh in rating but sleeping is important for me....

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Helena N
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I was traveling with my brother, his girlfriend, my girlfriend and a friend. we went around the visayas on motorcycles and Liquid was absolutely perfect.
We arrived later than we thought (5am) after a tough and long ride.
we were taken straight to our rooms, the arrival was smooth, which was much needed.
After a couple of hours of good sleep in clean rooms, we had probably the best breakfast we had during our trip. Good healthy options, great pancakes and to top it off... environmentally friendly (no straws)!!!
We visited Apo island, which was also great.
Dinner was also great, have to highlight their Kinilaw (filipino version of ceviche) and their arroz caldo.
Staff was always friendly, helpful and efficient.
We really couldnt find a fault.
We will be back!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Whether you dive or not, I highly recommend this place! But if you are looking for a place to dive or to take a diving course, THIS IS THE BEST PLACE IN THE ISLAND!! NO DOUBT!! Here's why...

My sister I have been planning to take a scuba diver course. Since we're from Bacolod, it would take us around 7 hours by bus to get to Dumaguete. Our first option was at a resort that would take only around 4 hours to reach. When we contacted the resort, we had many questions since that my sister has a slipped disc in her spine and we wanted to talk with their diver on whether they would allow my sister to take the course and what are the requirements for such. However, the first time we contacted them, they said their diver was away and told us to try calling again the week after. The following week, we contacted them again, but this time they told us that they can't accommodate for their scuba diver course since their diver is currently teaching open water diver courses. They even told us to try inquiring to a different resort :(

Our second and only option left was Liquid Dumaguete. Just 1 or 2 hours after we sent an e-mail to Liquid, we received a reply saying that my sister can take the course so long as she has her doctor sign the medical form (sent by Liquid) certifying that she can dive but with extra assistance especially in lifting heavy equipment. The way to the resort from Dauin highway may be a little bumpy, but what awaits you when you arrive is all worth it. They have very friendly and welcoming staff, a nice fresh and nature-loving ambience, and 24-hour security around the resort. We stayed in their budget rooms, and I guess if you're the type of person who's okay with just a small room with one queen-sized bed, a few tables and a ceiling fan inside the room, then the budget room is okay. The best thing to do here is to definitely dive, since the resort is just a short boat ride to dive spots, and the dive instructors here are highly professional and they see to it that you are safe and enjoying the experience. But, if you also wish to just get away from the city buzz and relax, Liquid Dumaguete is a great place for that as well :)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family