All reviewsmike's placemexican foodboat crewwhale sharkssmall placegreat divingdive sitespadi open water coursecable tvkind of placemacro lifefishdive tripwe loved our staytop notchthe entire staffsea horses
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Mike's is a small, quite place, where the staff takes the time to get to know you. Rooms are clean and well appointed. I had a oceanfront room and just can't imagine anything nicer. The food is good to excellent. I did not have a bad meal at Mike's. What really struck me about Mike's was the staff. They took the time to cater you your individual needs. Also, for the dog lovers reading this, Mike's dog, Lola, is a sweetheart. She is always looking for a friendly visitor to give her a belly rub. I am definitely coming back to Mike's.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quite, sunny and large. Mine was ocean view and if I am not mistaken all or almost all the rooms are ocean view.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2018

I Went to Mike's to dive with local friends, Rhonda and Joel and had an incredible time. The dive staff made me feel very comfortable for a beginner. I did a total of three dives, one was my first night dive. The dive staff were extremely helpful, patient, and safe. They had good equipment and showed expertise in all aspects from knowing the dive spots like the back of their hands to giving me very helpful tips to make my dive experience a great one. I was nervous on my first night dive and Jonathon had Ace stick by me like glue to make me feel safe. This was by far the best dive trip and would highly recommend going here if you are traveling to the Philippines. The restaurant had great food and drinks; the staff is beyond friendly and accomodating; very clean facility. The entire staff was outstanding from office, dive team, boat crew, bar and restaurant, they all work very hard to ensure you feel welcomed and have a great time.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MaryAlice L
Reviewed 24 July 2018

My girlfriend and I had an amazing diving holiday for 4 days at Mike's.
Between Corri, Jonathan and their Team we received nothing but 5 Star service in everything.

As an Instructor I can highly recomend Mike's to all divers who want great diving, as well as great rooms and restaurant/bar all on the 1 premises.

Diver safety was paramount.

We went out on 2 different large boats, equipment was all in good condition and the air clean.

Both boats also had toilets just in case you need it.

The Macro life in the local dive sites was amazing. We saw loads of Painted Frogfish, Clown Frogfish, Ornate Ghost Pipefish, Sea Horses, Nudibranches and other small critters all in just 3 dives.

We also did a day trip to Apo Island, the corals were great and housed loads of Green Turtles and Hawksbill Turtles.There were large schools of Jackfish on 1 of the dives .

All in all fantastic diving at Mike's, great accomodation and friendly staff.
Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Mike’s place is simply great. The staff, both at the hotel and on the diving boat are incredible and do whatever is in their power to make you feel confortable. Mike is very hands-on and welcoming. The diving is amazing. Apo island and the wale sharks at Oslob are a must. The rooms are perfect, clean and have air con. I think the ones on the first floor give you more privacy. Great place!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Had 4 nights at Mikes with group of dive buddies. Small place; only 8 rooms but service is great, very personal and friendly. Dive team is excellent. Rooms are very good value. Good location. Good food.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends