Oh deary me. Expectations were so high. I mean it sounds posh doesn't it? But room was very old style, no air con and a bed that swallowed you whole, only not in a good way. Crack a window and you might escape the slightly damp smell but really, the carpet, the furnishings, the fan. . . A bit surprised there was a plate of biscuits or a slice of week old sponge cake from nan left out. Clean enough, sure but found ourselves gazing longingly at premier inn opposite, wistfully wondering what could have been the prize. Didn't sleep a wink. Pillow the size of a cushion, and just the one too. Bah!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family-friendly and very comfortable, you'll feel relaxed from the moment you arrive. Near the heart of the Peak district where you will find delightful walks and spectacular views. Chatsworth House, fun-packed thrills of Alton Towers, and extensive shopping at East Midlands Outlet are all nearby. Enjoy our modern gym, indoor pool, spa bath and optional health & beauty treatments. Beautiful suites available for meetings and events, from conferences to weddings. If you are planning a trip abroad, the hotel is just 30 minutes from East Midlands Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Derbyshire Derby reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Derbyshire Hotel South Normanton
- Derbyshire South Normanton
- The Derbyshire Derby South Normanton