Derbyshire Hotel
US$75
PremierInn.com
The Boundary Hotel(South Normanton)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$45
US$44
Priceline
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$59/night.

Travelodge Alfreton(Alfreton)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$108
US$86
Priceline
Travelodge Mansfield Hotel(Sutton in Ashfield)
US$57
Travelodge
Eastwood Hall(Eastwood)
US$80
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

1,755 results
All reviewstravelzoo dealdesigner outletleisure facilitiessteam rooma travel zoo dealevening mealtrouser pressbreakfast was buffet stylepeak districtweekend breakrestaurant staffstandard roombed and breakfastchatsworth housebit datedexcellent value for moneyself service
Reviewed 31 July 2017

I was very disappointed in this hotel. Booked a double and got a twin. Given the room furthest from reception which is a 10 minute walk. The room smelt damp and there were stains on the carpet and a fan covered on dust in the bathroom with a crack around it.
The service was confused in the bar and the staff in general seemed poorly trained. They tried to charge me £15.50 for one glass of red wine which I refused as saw the bill before starting to drink it.
The pool is too small to swim in and is more a relaxation pool.
Most 3 start hotels I've stayed in are better than this supposed 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure it is not too far from reception
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank PaulCG
Anna P, General Manager at Derbyshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Paul,
We have already spoken personally further to feedback which you have sent direct to the hotel. I hope we have resolved your concerns regarding the room type which was caused via the booking channel of a third party site. Your future bookings are confirmed for a Double bed. I hope that your stays this coming week are to your expectation and that we can demonstrate the good level of service we deliver.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

I stayed here overnight on a business trip. There was a wedding on and clearly not enough staff. Only 1 bar staff. Couldn't get an answer for room service, went to reception to order but no staff there either so had to go out for dinner. Gym facilities are good, room very nice.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Anna P, General Manager at Derbyshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear triciawn,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I am very sorry you had difficulties making contact with our room service and reception. Service is extremely important and and regardless to any function this should not have impacted in this manor. I am pleased you enjoyed your room and the leisure club facilities. I do hope we can welcome you back and please do not hesitate to contact me and I will ensure you have a good stay.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Arrived late but still plenty of parking. Staff helpful from reception to room staff, breakfast and spa. Our room was big with a comfy bed, nice sized TV and coffee/tea making kit and iron. Bathroom big and overall a good room. We didn't eat evening meal but breakfast was really nice and poached eggs to order were spot on and fast. Reception helpful with queries and allowing me to sign out at 11am but still use spa and gym. Gym not the biggest but well stocked with all types os equipment. Changing room area slightly small but lockers free, saving on deposit for lockers or carrying a pound coin, and small + large towel provided for gym and pool. I found the stay to be really pleasant and all the staff I spoke to were really helpful and happy. Couldn't fault it thanks.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Anna P, General Manager at Derbyshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear Andy S
Thank you for your kind comments from your recent stay, I am so pleased you had a enjoyable time at the hotel. I will ensure your feedback regarding the team is shared. The spa and leisure facilities are ideal for relaxation or the gym for the the more energetic. I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

A lovely welcome at reception. Very homely room. Free parking. Delicious evening meal and breakfast. Nice clean pool area which we also received a free locker and towel but was slightly let down due to having to wait as they were over capacity, which was more than understandable, but the lady at the desk agreed to call us and didn't do so, so I would advise waiting in the reception if you need to wait to secure your entry when space is available. Free fruit waters around the hotel which we found was a nice touch and even though the room was warm there was a fan available.
Brewer's fayre across the road if you fancy a cheaper evening drink. Would definately return again especially if the price was right.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Sarah D,
I am so pleased you had a lovely stay at The Derbyshire. It is great to read and share your comments with the hotel team. I am sorry that the lady at the leisure desk did not call you back, but I hope you were able to use the facilities. It is great to hear you would return again and I hope I can personally welcome you back.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

It started badly with a quite rude man on the reservations line. I said it was cheaper to book through the booking search engines than on the so called special rate for the wedding guests at the wedding we were going to. He was obnoxious. I let the bride and groom know and they have me the details of another lady who was much nicer and sorted out our family room for four with breakfast.

We arrived quite late but check in was fine if a little slow.

Carpets in hallways are very worn and threadbare, as are the rooms. Half the promised tv channels don't work, annoyingly the ones the children watch c5 and cbeebies, both failed to appear.

We went to the bar hoping to get dinner for us and two children. Unfortunately there was no kids menu and so we had to order an expensive adults meal to share between them. The rest of the order was messed up with the most unattractive Caesar salad I've ever seen.

The room was roasting hot but they had really thick duvets on the bed! The weather was not hot outside and there are notices saying the air con has been decommissioned. Big mistake!!!

There's one pillow pet person so I called revel and asked for two pillows. The man came quickly, with a duvet! I went to reception where the comedy of errors just continued.

The pool was unpleasantly hot.

The wedding went well although food portions were mean and the pouring of the single glass of wine was erratic varying from person to person.

Sunday morning breakfast was hell. We asked three times for s highchair. Had to take our own cutlery and plates from another table and wait in a huge queue while one poor chef struggled to keep food on the servery, he failed quite badly. Surely the hotel know how many people are booked for breakfast? Staffing and available food should be organized accordingly.

Checkout was another nightmare.
Even though we got a bill under our door we still prefer to pay in person. The price had gone up by £15 on our walk to reception! Apparently this was for the children's breakfast! Even though we had paid for 4 people's bed a breakfast! Apparently this only covers two people's breakfast. I'm sorry but WTF!

I won't be returning or recommending this tired, tatty, Fawlty Towers of a hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sam B

Dear Sam B
I am saddened to read your review of your stay at The Derbyshire, our teams work extremely hard to make guest stay satisfactory and I am sorry that your expectations were not met. Please do feel free to contact me directly at the hotel should you wish to discuss further. We take all feedback seriously and as a Management team all areas are reviewed and improvements made where possible.