1,821 results
All reviewstravelzoo dealdesigner outletleisure facilitiesa travel zoo dealsteam roomevening mealtrouser pressbreakfast was buffet stylepeak districtweekend breakrestaurant staffbed and breakfastchatsworth houseself serviceexcellent value for moneytea and coffeeone night stay
Reviewed 28 October 2016

We stayed for three nights on a "package deal which had to be prepaid and could not be cancelled or changed.

Good value if nothing occurs to need change.

Room was nice and comfortable but we would have liked a safe deposit box and a fridge.

Food was good and all the staff were most helpful and pleasant at all times.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Anna P, General Manager at Derbyshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Dear Angela-Barry
Thank you for choosing to stay with us whilst visiting the Peak District. Our location is ideal for so many attractions near to the hotel. Chatsworth House is a real treat and a short drive away. I am pleased you enjoyed your meals with us and we appreciate your kind comments regarding the team. Unfortunately we do not have mini fridges or safe deposit boxes in our bedrooms, However on request we can put in a small fridge for any medical items or baby products which require chilling. I do hope myself and the team can welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

We used a Groupon voucher for my friends birthday. Lovely afternoon tea which was beautifully presented. Plenty of tea and coffee too! Great location and easily accessible. Would definitely recommend to friends and family

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Lorna H
I am so pleased you had a fantastic Afternoon Tea and that you will recommend to friends and family. I do hope we can welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

My wife booked us a single night through travel zoo and from the moment we arrived we were treat like second class guests.
The hotel receptionist was rude and viewed our arrival as an inconvenience.
Virtually every hotel worker we came into contact with made a point of saying oh you booked with travel zoo or oh your on a travel zoo package.
The food was terrible my £14 burger was tough as old boots and dry like it had been kept warm for hours.
My wife had what they called a £14 pork loin but was what I would call a cheap pork steak, the kind you get in a supermarket in a multi pack for £3.
Wine started at £22 a bottle that's a good £5 more expensive than most of the other hotels.
I will not be going back and to be honest it's put me off the whole "principle Hayley" chain of hotels.
If you have to stay in this area there is a premier inn across the road with a Brewers Faye next door..

Do not stay at this hotel.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Craig E

Dear Craig E
It is really disappointing to read your review, we receive so many very positive comments and reviews regarding our offers and guests stays, especially our food and beverage offering. As you can appreciate it is really important to us to be able to resolve any issues highlighted during a guest stay so we can rectify at the time. I am saddened that you didn't bring this to our attention during your break. I would be keen to speak to you personally regarding your experience, please do contact me directly at the hotel on 01773 812000 or via email on anna.parsons@principal-hayley.com

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Just returned from a 2 night stay with our 2 kids. Room was nicely presented, comfortable and spacious enough, even with the extra bed, with a view of the grounds and the pool. The breakfast was great, with a vast selection of hot and cold food, and as much as you could eat. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. When we were wrongly billed extra for the kids breakfasts, they quickly corrected it and apologised - no problem. The leisure facilities were a bonus and for the price we paid - £168 inc breakfast, thought it was a fair price for this type of hotel. The hotel is really well-placed for the many things to do nearby. We are already planning our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Dear haydenwilliams2016
Thank you for staying at The Derbyshire Hotel, I am so pleased to be able to share your review with the hotel team. It is great to receive your comments and that your family had a enjoyable time. Our leisure and spa facilities offers such great relaxation.I am pleased you enjoyed your meals and the breakfast charging was amended without fuss. I do hope we can welcome you and your family back very soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2016

We had a travelzoo offer so decided to stay the night after walking in the Peak District . Checking in was friendly and painless. Room was pleasant,bed comfortable. Included in the deal was an evening meal, the dining room is quite small for the size of hotel but well organised and good service. The food was lovely,including the breakfast next morning, again busy but no waiting and good supply of fresh coffee.Check out wasn't till 12.00 so we used the leisure facilities. Not the largest of areas but not many people using it , so nice way to end our weekend away. One of the better travelzoo offers we have been on.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Anna P, General Manager at Derbyshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Dear magsfeet
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so pleased you had a fantastic stay and experience. Our teams work really hard to ensure all guests have a great stay. Our location as you mentioned is ideal for the Peak District. Chatsworth is a very popular choice. I hope we can welcome you back very soon.