Derbyshire Hotel
The Boundary Hotel(South Normanton)
TripAdvisor
1,755 results
All reviewstravelzoo dealdesigner outletleisure facilitiessteam rooma travel zoo dealevening mealtrouser pressbreakfast was buffet stylepeak districtweekend breakrestaurant staffstandard roombed and breakfastchatsworth housebit datedexcellent value for moneyself service
Reviewed 4 September 2016

We booked for this weekend on Groupon, at the time the reviews were very good, of late there were some really bad ones & we were not looking forward to the hotel experience...how wrong could we be. I really don't know where those reviews came from. The staff looked lovely in their uniforms very courteous & friendly. The restaurant staff were attentive & kept looking around to make sure the guests tables were cleared & that we had everything we needed....never saw them standing around talking to each other. The bedroom/ bathroom was quite acceptable & to a standard we are happy with, very clean & a comfortable bed. We thought the dinner menu was adequate, not a vast choice but plenty to satisfy anyone i would have thought, usually too many thing's on the menu means microwave but not at this hotel, everything so tasty. We were there for 2 nights & the chef had a different special menu both nights. The food was very good, what some people think is a lack of choice is made up with excellent quality. At reception on the centre table is a glass container of fresh herbs & sliced citrus fruits in water, it has a tap on the side & plenty of glasses around for a fill up as you wish...used glasses not left hanging around.
Well, i can only say that the hotel lived up to & over what we would expect of a weekend break. Well done to all the lovely staff & management who made our stay much better than we ever expected.

Stayed: September 2016
Anna P, General Manager at Derbyshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Dear Gavsi,
Thank you for your kind review and taking the time to write your detailed evaluation of your stay, our team pride itself on giving the best possible service and standards and we really appreciate you sharing this with us. I will ensure this is passed to the team. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel very soon and please don't hesitate to contact myself for any future stays.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

We visited the hotel after booking a special offer through travel zoo. Wasn't expecting too much but was very impressed. Lovely hotel, gorgeous food, helpful and friendly staff. Clean and well presented bedrooms. Def recommend and would not hesitate booking again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Kcole2014,
Thank you for sharing your stay with us at The Derbyshire Hotel, I am so pleased you had a fantastic stay and Nathan the Head Chef will be thrilled you enjoyed the food. I hope we can welcome you back for another great stay soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

We went to this hotel in March for one night with travelzoo. We had a good deal. This hotel was lovely, nice restaurant, we had a king size bed it was lovely and the breakfast was really good. We would go again.I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sue m

Dear Sue M
I am so pleased to read your comments regarding your break away. Our Tempus Restaurant is lovely area in the hotel and I am so glad you enjoyed your evening meal and breakfast. I hope myself and the team can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Me and my family visited derbyshire for the bank holiday weekend. When we got there we were greeted well and directed to our room. Once we stepped in to the rooms it was like stepping foot in a sauna. As we were in a rush to get somewhere we didn't have time to go to reception to complain about it. The sleep that night was terrible! sweating all night and had no sleep.

The next day we complained to reception about it and they said there was nothing they could do as the hotel was all booked up, and offered us an extra fan. The fan didn't help and in fact fans are known to make people ill with a cold if exposed to it for too long, therefore this should not be suggested by the hotel.

We also complained about the fact that the TV was not working, and we were reassured that it will be fixed. However, no one came. We tried contacting reception a number of times but no answer.

Food is overpriced there as well, and breakfast isn't great. I would go to Premier Inn which is opposite the hotel.

Overall a bad experience, would not recommend.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Dear dilen007
I am saddened to read your review and stay over the Bank Holiday weekend. We receive so many very positive comment. I would be keen to speak with you personally so please do get in touch with me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

My husband and I arrived on 1 September for a short break. We were pleasantly surprised from the time we arrived through to checkout!!! We were greeted by Gemma - extremely pleasant and efficient. The room was spotless and very comfortable. We were able to open the windows- however there was a fan if needed. There are several places to visit nearby and several places to eat. We noticed that there was a pleasant atmosphere in the dining room as we were going out for our meal. The leisure facilities were perfect for our requirements . Breakfast was excellent - we ate at 7.15am and so didn't have to queue. Again, restaurant staff were all pleasant, polite and efficient. Finally, Alice checked us out and she was a delight. Overall, I know that we will return to this hotel - thoroughly great experience. ☆

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joan T

Dear Joan T
Thank you for writing your review of your stay. I am so pleased you had a lovely break. I will ensure your comments are passed to the team and also Gemma and Alice on reception. I am pleased you were able to experience our Leisure and Spa facilities, this area provide ideal relaxation. I hope we can welcome you back again very soon for another great experience.