US$71
PremierInn.com
The Boundary Hotel(South Normanton)(Great Value!)
US$83
PremierInn.com
Mour Hotel(Annesley)
US$96
US$83
Travelodge Mansfield Hotel(Sutton in Ashfield)
US$75
Travelodge
Eastwood Hall(Eastwood)
US$77
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$88/night.

1,794 results
All reviewstravelzoo dealdesigner outletleisure facilitiessteam rooma travel zoo dealevening mealtrouser pressbreakfast was buffet stylepeak districtweekend breakrestaurant staffbed and breakfastself servicechatsworth houseexcellent value for moneytea and coffeeone night stay
Reviewed 3 September 2016

Me and my family visited derbyshire for the bank holiday weekend. When we got there we were greeted well and directed to our room. Once we stepped in to the rooms it was like stepping foot in a sauna. As we were in a rush to get somewhere we didn't have time to go to reception to complain about it. The sleep that night was terrible! sweating all night and had no sleep.

The next day we complained to reception about it and they said there was nothing they could do as the hotel was all booked up, and offered us an extra fan. The fan didn't help and in fact fans are known to make people ill with a cold if exposed to it for too long, therefore this should not be suggested by the hotel.

We also complained about the fact that the TV was not working, and we were reassured that it will be fixed. However, no one came. We tried contacting reception a number of times but no answer.

Food is overpriced there as well, and breakfast isn't great. I would go to Premier Inn which is opposite the hotel.

Overall a bad experience, would not recommend.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Anna P, General Manager at Derbyshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Dear dilen007
I am saddened to read your review and stay over the Bank Holiday weekend. We receive so many very positive comment. I would be keen to speak with you personally so please do get in touch with me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

My husband and I arrived on 1 September for a short break. We were pleasantly surprised from the time we arrived through to checkout!!! We were greeted by Gemma - extremely pleasant and efficient. The room was spotless and very comfortable. We were able to open the windows- however there was a fan if needed. There are several places to visit nearby and several places to eat. We noticed that there was a pleasant atmosphere in the dining room as we were going out for our meal. The leisure facilities were perfect for our requirements . Breakfast was excellent - we ate at 7.15am and so didn't have to queue. Again, restaurant staff were all pleasant, polite and efficient. Finally, Alice checked us out and she was a delight. Overall, I know that we will return to this hotel - thoroughly great experience. ☆

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joan T

Dear Joan T
Thank you for writing your review of your stay. I am so pleased you had a lovely break. I will ensure your comments are passed to the team and also Gemma and Alice on reception. I am pleased you were able to experience our Leisure and Spa facilities, this area provide ideal relaxation. I hope we can welcome you back again very soon for another great experience.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

Being disabled we were given a d/stairs room very satisfied room very nice good tv,tea coffee milk etc. rooms and linen kept very clean room made daily,a very beautiful breakfast, the choice was ours from continental, full English, tea coffee fruit drinks, etc etc,we found all the catering ample and satisfying, a very good hotel and the staff very polite and helpful we found every aspect of this hotel very pleasing down to the disabled parking. a very enjoyable short stay will be back for bakewell Christmas markets, thank you all for a pleasant stay,

Room Tip: We got all we requested upon booking, thanks to the staff,
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear joe w
I am so pleased you had a lovely 2 night stay with us and we were able to accommodate your room requirements. I will share your feedback with the hotel team and ensure this is communicated. We strive to provide the very best customer service and experience and it is great to read that you will be returning later in the year. The peak district is on our doorstep with so many attractions to see and visit.

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel friendly staff very close to motorway though you couldn't hear it from the hotel. Breakfast was self service buffet, which was very good quality and we'll prepared
The room was very warm and you could only open the windows 8 inches so it was impossible to create a flow of air even with the fan on all night

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Geoff P
Thank you for sharing your Birthday Celebrations with us, I am pleased you enjoyed our varied breakfast offering. We unfortunately do not have air conditioning in our bedrooms, however our housekeeping team do everything possible to keep the rooms as cool as possible. I hope we can welcome you back for another occasion soon. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for special promotions and events.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

We stayed one night at this hotel when visiting the area. It was very easy to find and although conveniently near the motorway we did not notice any traffic noise. Our room was on the lower level and I was surprised that there was no lift. This was not mentioned on booking and could have been a problem for anyone with mobility needs so perhaps check when booking if you have difficulty with stairs. The room was clean, bed comfortable but the duvets are far too thick, real winter weight in the middle of summer, in a room with no air conditioning is rather thoughtless. Thinner duvets really should be provided. Our room was a comfortable temperature overall. The bathroom was clean, the shower is over the bath wiith a shower curtain rather than a screen, but it was all in good condition. Like many hotels corridors were very dimly lit, so look very gloomy, but I suppose it's better for the environment than wasting electricity.
I used the pool, which is very small but was comfortably warm, the jacuzzi was in good working order, the changing room clean and the gym looked OK but I did not use it so cannot comment on the equipment, etc. The breakfast experience was rather chaotic. The pavilion room was too small for the number of guests and the system did not help. Food containers on the hot and cold buffet were continually running out and staff struggling to replenish them in time to avoid disappointing customers. The fruit bowls were far too small, giving staff additional work rushing back and forth to fill up- why not use larger bowls or put two bowls of each fruit out to halve the fill-up time. However, all the staff were working very hard and were very pleasant, the actual food, once you got it, was excellent and varied, and apparently, as we were told on checkout, the breakfast is only being served in this room as a temporary measure whilst the restaurant is being refurbished. A large sign to this effect would have pre-emptied a lot of dissatisfaction as most people make allowances when there is a good reason for difficulties.
The overall experience here was very good for the price we paid, and as the restaurant will soon be back in use we would happily return when needing to stay in this area in the future - but I would ask if they had thinner duvets if it was a summer visit. One final point, this is an ideal location for tourist visits to the area, near to many places of interest and an ideal base for exploring Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.

Room Tip: Stairs to lower floor.. Ask for ground floor if stairs are a problem.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Anna P, General Manager at Derbyshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Dear chrisq8
Thank you for your comprehensive review and feedback, we do sincerely appreciate this and ensure that we use this information to make improvements wherever possible. It is great to read positive comments but likewise your areas of suggestions will be reviewed to see where we can make changes. Please do feel free to contact me directly at the hotel should you wish to discuss further. I hope myself and the team can welcome you back in order to explore more of the Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire area.