All reviews rooftop pool tulip restaurant breakfast spread duplex room duty manager comfortable stay mg road value for money room service is business hotel in room dining the heart of the city excellent hotel tourist attractions mini bar promenade beach courteous staff
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A 4 -Star Hotel in the the Center of the City.
We visited and Stayed at this Hotel during our Visit in October 2018.

The Majestic Look of the Hotel is Endearing
The Majesty Room is good to stay.
Breakfast can be rated 3 star rating
Swimming Pool on the 8'th Floor is good enough to enjoy. Please do remember to take a Nylon based Swimsuit
The Hotel is at the center of the City @MG Road Accessible to all the required Locations easily.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Shenbaga Hotel & Convention Centre
Today after nearly 18 days I am forced to write this that never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that a 4 star hotel with such ratings could stoop so low. I was supposed to visit Pondicherry on the 29th of September last month and had opted for advanced bookings through the Shenbaga portal. However, the trip was cancelled at the last moment and we ended up cancelling on the 26th of September. Refund at most takes 7-10 days to be credited to the original account and yet after 18 days my money is yet to be returned by the Shenbaga Hotel & Convention Centre. Even after calling for more than 10 times, all I hear every time is that your money shall reach your account by today evening. They even asked me for my account number and never credited the same and that was more than 10 days back. They promised to follow up and never did and went back on their word every time. The biggest shock was the level of disregard shown for an individuals time and money. Imagine the harassment I am being subjected to when every day I hear your money shall be credited and never is. Excuses like our third party payment portal Citruspay has kept it pending is so rampant and outright stupid when so many other sites use the same and I had never had refund issues from their end. A 4 star hotel that is virtually stealing the money and promises hospitality services when you cannot even live up to your word. The level of harassment is astounding and worse when despite calling nearly every other day I see no effort from their end to take matter seriously and do something about it. I would recommend everyone please do not pay in advance and make a booking at this hotel as because if you do end up cancelling you shall be harassed to a level you cannot even start to comprehend. There are better hotels in the area when you can atleast hope not to be cheated out of your hard earned money and enjoy some peace of mind. Disgusted honestly.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank royshourjya
Reviewed 5 October 2018

As usual most of the staff were very nice & helpful.
The hotel was quite clean & comfortable.
But very unprofessional on many points, when we arrived & checked into our suite, which was described wrong on booking.com & the general manager said he knew this (which said it had a sofa bed, it didn’t) we were told we couldn’t use the swimming pool as it was closed for a group of children to use, pay a lot of money for a suite & kids that are not even guests get priority, terrible.
The room smelt damp & musty, instead of opening a window to air it or use dehumidifiers in the hotel, instead they were using cheap smelling air freshener.
Breakfast is terrible, they couldn’t even fry an egg, undercooked, black or overcooked, I have seen children cook better than what was on offer, see the picture for a good laugh, hash brown potato.
The hotel bar could be very nice, but a large proportion of the drinks menu unavailable, the bar manager doesn’t even drink.
The menu said a pint of Kingfisher but was offered a very small 330ml bottle, when I said this was not a pint, I was told I was wrong & he got angry, the bar smelt so damp & musty, they tried to cover this with cans of air freshener, it had the aroma of a public toilet. No music, just using TV channels & cheap speakers, no customers I’m not surprised!!
With the correct, experienced management this hotel, bar & restaurant could be very nice & worthy of it’s 4 stars.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank lezz2017
Reviewed 5 October 2018

Stayed for 2 days in October with friends.
Good location. Good parking space. Very close to all tourist attractions. Good facilities in house.
The main attraction is the ambiance of the hotel. A good swimming pool available.
Great food. Really enjoyed both the dinner and the buffet breakfast.
We stayed in a three bed room. It was quite comfortable.Rooms are adequately large with all facilities required.
Check in and check out was pretty easy. They allowed us to keep our luggage in locker room. Also have a decent travel desk. We took their taxi for a day and it was a good offer to go around in Pondicherry.
Only poor part was the staff at restaurant, may be because of too many guest, they were not up to the mark. They were unable to focus on tables what the guests wanted.

Overall a good place to stay and will recommend anyone visiting Pondicherry.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank swarx1
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Stayed here for 1 night . Everything was excellent . The makhni dal ordered from restaurant was amazing and delivered within 15 minutes. However, indian breads were little overpriced. Breakfast spread was good considering the star rating of the hotel. Sea view from the terrace was good. Would recommend to my colleagues and friends.

Stayed: July 2018