“nice hotel, wrong time.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Atithi

Hotel Atithi
Ranked #17 of 73 Hotels in Pondicherry
Mangalore, India
“nice hotel, wrong time.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

We read the reviews on TA and then decided to check-in to this hotel. Me and wife were driving down from Bangalore and had booked for 3 nights as we also had to visit Velankanni.

Location is perfect . You can walk easily towards the beach and wander around town.

We had AC problems the day we cheked in and it was fixed later. First night we tried the rooftop resturant and were very disappointed. Food wasnt tasty and very less qty for the price you pay.
Next day we drove to Velankanni and returned back in the evening. I was very tired and wanted to take a dip in the pool. While we went to rooftop and found the pool empty. They told us its under maintenance. We had specifically booked this hotel bcoz of the pool.

Breakfast has a wide spread and is excellent. Service is good, staff are polite and there is good basement parking.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

I can truly say that Trip Advisor ratings are absolutely spot on. I stayed at Hotel Atithi from Oct 23 to Oct 26 2011. Although it was a standard room, it never felt like one. The food, cleanliness and above all the location was worth every penny spent. The staff went out of its way to fulfill every request. Although the restaurant closed for dinner at 11 pm, the kitchen staff had a sumptuous meal prepared and delivered to our room at 2am when they realised that I was stuck in traffic on my way back from Valankanni with my wife (No extra charges were levied on the final bill). A cake was delivered to my room at 12 am on Oct 26 as it was my birthday...They even sang Happy Birthday even as I struggled to get out of my bed...:). Being close to the market also ensured that we did not need the car to travel to and fro. I am already looking forward to my next trip to Pondicherry and no prizes for guessing where I'm checking in......
Keep up the good work... and thanks a lot to all the experts at Trip Advisor.

Room Tip: Look for rooms on the higher floors to get unrestricted views from the room.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

I stayed at Atithi Hotel for 4 nights in December 2011 and found it to be great!
The rooms are a good size and very clean, service was great and I enjoyed all the dishes I tried in the restaurant. Location is good too, I easily walked around to all sites, beaches and the main french quarter etc.
The only small disappointment was that, other than sports & news, there were only 2 or 3 English channels... but then I guess that most people who come here are not foreigners anyway!
Would definitely recommend Atithi :)

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

This is a wonderful hotel. 4 star as it claims and it is! It is centrally located and you can walk down to the shopping areas, aurobindo ashram/beach, important temples.

Not a big property but cute and neatly maintained, posh.

Great service & quick as well. Courteous staff.

I had to leave early in the morning at 6 AM and they gladly agreed to pack the complimentary breakfast for me. The best part was that they were prompt - at 5.30 AM i got a ring stating that my breakfast package was ready without any reminders.

Food is also reasonably priced and they have some good menu both north indian and other cuisines. There is also a barbeque roof top hotel which was good.

Overall it was a good stay for 3 days at this place . I recommend this for people wishing to stay at pondicherry

Room Tip: Take the one towards the main road and as high as possible to get a good view of the sea
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank manjunathrl
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

It was a travel with my husband and kid
The weekend at hotel atithi was true value for money.
There is only one restaurant at the GF, Their food was good and reasonably priced.
Breakfast had a wide spread with a true feast for all.
Room service and House Keeping was also awesome.
Swimming on the Terrace is the beauty of the hotel.
We returned a satisfied customer.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Gurveenkaur
Atithi-Pondicherry, General Manager at Hotel Atithi, responded to this review, 9 November 2011
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your recent Stay in our Hotel and delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the truly Atithi Hospitality.

I thank you for taking your time out and review our Hotel. Your valuable feedback and positive comments are highly appreciated and it will surely motivate me and encourage my Team to excel in “Customer Delight”.

We will look forward to welcome you again at Pondicherry and will take every steps to exceed expectation.

Warm Regards,