“Most stylish & delicious Restaurant and Guest House in Pondicherry”
Review of La Villa Helena

La Villa Helena
Ranked #39 of 443 Restaurants in Pondicherry
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Description: Throughout the years, Villa Helena managed to keep its charm and authenticity. The shady and lush garden offers a perfect setting of serenity and peace, right in the middle of heritage town. In its restaurant guests can now enjoyed a vegeterian or not world inspired cuisine and relax with a drink all day long or in the evening. Excellent cocktails complete a carefully selected wine list.
Reviewed 17 October 2016

I frequently go to Chennai for business, so I had visited Pondicherry in January 2016 for the first time. I enjoyed very much eating at a place called La Maison Rose, where I wanted to go back. The place being closed at my visit this time, I asked around and I was guided to Villa Helena, where this restaurant was moved to. I stepped into a beautiful colonial mansion, very tastefully decorated, rediscovering the same atmosphere of the restaurant with the same menu. A helpful person of the staff allowed me to visit a room which was really beautiful, so I will certainly stay there on my next visit. The food of the restaurant was as delicious as at the previous location of the Maison Rose, I had a fantastic hamburger and a delicious Caramelköpfli (my favorite dessert), very well done for a restaurant in India! The atmosphere is very nice with a lot of candle lights, very romantic so too bad I was alone. This place is definitely to recommend, it has everything right.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

This place was recommended by locals as former La MAison Rose restaurant.

We were not disappointed. All dishes were very good especially the spinach with the prawns specially!!

The desserts were outstanding and I still have the taste of the cheesecake and panacota (my friend let me taste!!). Great ambiance as well. One more good reason to visit Pondicherry on the week-ends.

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

La Villa Helena (actually same kitchen and staff from la maison rose) is probably the best place to have lunch or dinner.
The food is really excellent and the service is really good.

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Villa Helena is a charming guest house but also the best restaurant in town. We went twice during our stay and tried almost everything on the menu. We loved the steak and the seer fish both cooked to perfection. The ambiance is amazing especially in the evening with the candlelights. The owner is French and has give good advice to match food with their Windows list.not to be missed.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

A perfect "heritage location", comprised of a calm open gallery with its annexed courtyard/garden and elegant furniture. Discreet and competent management coupled with an internationally inspired food choice with quality at first made the dining experience worth of future visits.

Date of visit: August 2016