Ona Los Claveles(Los Cristianos)
US$164
  • Pool
Club Tenerife(Los Cristianos)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$170
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$139
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

LABRANDA Reveron Plaza(Los Cristianos)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$129
US$125
  • Pool
Sol Arona Tenerife(Los Cristianos)
US$181
US$121
Melia.com
Apartamentos Oasis Mango(Los Cristianos)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$75
US$56
US$47
Hostelworld.com
US$183
HotelsClick
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$220/night.

Apartamentos Aguamar(Los Cristianos)
US$72
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdisabled peoplegreat facilitiestherapy centreheated poolon arrivalbreakfast and dinnerdisabilitieshoistcarerbodiedpoolsdownhillrampsapartmenthoblos
Reviewed 14 October 2015

Firstly I would like to say that we very much enjoyed our overall stay at Hotel Mar y Sol where (with a couple of notable exceptions) the staff were welcoming, helpful and friendly. Sadly, our whole experience was ruined by the actions of 2 of the staff. I do not believe in leaving bad reviews on trip advisor or suchlike without giving the hotel concerned the chance to respond to my complaint first but I have not received a satisfactpry reply to my complain - just pathetic excuses. I feel very strongly that everyone needs to be made aware of the appalling way we were treated by two of the staff; Veronika and Mario.

Our first disappointment was when, on arrival, we were shown to a small, totally impractical room. We had stayed at the Mar y Sol back in April and had a wonderful room (no 1606) in which we were able to have a comfortable stay. There were 4 in our party. One wheelchair bound, elderly lady, suffering from Motor Neurone Disease. She is totally immobile. She cannot transfer to a toilet without a hoist. She has a large electric wheelchair. The room we were given was too small. The wheelchair could not fit onto either of the small balconies and there was insufficient room for us to manoeuver the hoist to get our companion into and out of bed or onto the toilet or into the shower.

When we complained we were told by Veronika that we could not have the room we wanted. Apparently it was earmarked for someone else. I made the point that the room we were given was totally inadequate and we would not be able to stay in it. We were then shown a series of increasingly unsuitable rooms. Veronika was rude and abrupt with us. Eventually, when we were faced with the only alternative which was to return to the UK, a very nice member of staff (Rueben) came to our rescue. He gave us the room we had stayed in on our previous visit. I do not know how he managed it, given that, according to Veronika, there was no suitable room, but we were very grateful to him. From then on, every time we saw Veronika she gave us filthy looks. It was obvious that she had been told off and she made her feelings to us very clear. Even in the dining room she ignored us until the last day when she asked if we were “happy now” in a very aggressive tone of voice.

However, I cannot praise the other reception staff (Rueben and Kevin in particular) highly enough. They were both very kind and helpful and they are a credit to the hotel. All the waiters in the restaurant were lovely and we had a very enjoyable week; that is until the last day! On our last evening (Fri) we asked at reception what time we should vacate our room on the Sat morning. We explained that we had a late flight and were not being picked up by the taxi until 7.20 pm. As our companion is unable to transfer to a toilet without the aid of a hoist, we were worried about how we would manage during the time between check out and arrival at home in the UK (some 19 hours). Reuben assured us that, as long as we came to reception at 10 am on the Sat morning, he would arrange for a courtesy room to be made available to us for use during the day to enable our companion to use the toilet and also for us to change her so that she could be comfortable during our long journey home.

At 10 am on Sat morning, as arranged, we arrived in reception to check out. I explained to the receptionist (Mario) about the arrangements we had made with Reuben. I can tell you that I have never, ever in my whole life been spoken to in such a nasty uncaring way as the way Mario spoke to me then. He said we could not have a courtesy room as it was not written in his book and he had given it to someone else. I explained how important it was to us and that there was no way a lady can be expected to go all day without using the toilet. He said it was not his fault and he could not help us at all. I asked him what we should do and he said it was “not his problem”. How can someone be employed in a hotel specialising in the care of disabled people with such a disgusting attitude? Almost in tears, we put our luggage in the luggage room and went to sit outside to discuss what we should do. After a couple of hours, our companion was wet and needed changing. I went back to reception to plead with Mario to help us. I asked him if we could just have the use of any room for about 30 mins so that we could hoist our companion onto the toilet and then onto the bed so that we could put on a fresh nappy. He immediately said “NO”, we have no rooms, we need them all for our incoming guests! I said I only needed it for about 30 mins but again he said he could not help me. I asked him what I should do and he suggested I take our companion to the toilet downstairs near reception. I explained again that she is not capable of standing so we cannot get her onto the toilet without a hoist, He said again it was “not his problem” and just shrugged his shoulders. He then suggested we come back in a few hours when his colleague would be on duty. I asked what difference that would make and he said “perhaps my colleague will help you but I will not”.

The consequence of his actions is as follows:-

Our companion had to sit in a soaking nappy from 9.30 am on Saturday until we arrived home at 5.30 am on Sunday – 20 hours!!!
She had to be lifted onto the plane with soaking wet trousers and then spend the entire journey uncomfortable and self conscious..
She had to be lifted off the plane in the UK 4 ½ hours later, by which time she had had a bad stomach ache. By the time we got home, she was soaking wet, very sore and she had been humiliated beyond belief.

I am sure you will agree, this is a disgusting way to treat a fellow human being. Mario purposefully dismissed all my pleas for help and acted in a totally cruel and callous way. Action should be taken to ensure that he never, ever treats any one, let alone a vulnerable, terminally ill lady, in such a disgraceful way again.

This was always going to be the last holiday we would ever take her on.It was supposed to be a final treat for her to enjoy. Due to the actions of Mario, the whole experience was ruined for everyone concerned and a very, very sick lady has had her dreams of one last happy holiday in the sun completely ruined and she has been humiliated

Avoid this hotel if you care about your disabled companions

Room Tip: Don't be fooled into paing for a premium room. Although some are fantastic, others are small and dingy
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
18  Thank MrsWobbly99
Reviewed 13 August 2015

We went to this hotel never heard of it myself before as very wary when they say disabled friendly, we were very impressed by the whole experience from the hotel staff to food and rooms and of course the price Have already recommended this hotel to others Can't wait to go again :)

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank Jane L
Reviewed 29 July 2015

We had a lovely time here. The rooms were tidy and freshened every day. The beds were not comfortable and need re-newing but all the facilities, staff and food was great. The pool area is exceptional.

Room Tip: We were on the coast side of the hotel which was quiet. those who had poolside rooms found them noisy
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
5  Thank Lancef48
Reviewed 11 June 2015

This purpose built hotel for disabled people is amazing. Spotlessly clean and the rooms spacious. The food is amazing and caters for all tastes. The staff very polite and helpful. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Val0z
Reviewed 27 May 2015

This was the first time my wife and I had brought my brother on holiday so we were a bit apprehensive about how we would cope with him having MS. However we were pleasantly surprised how accessible it is and we had no need to worry at all. When we arrived the scooter he hired was waiting for us. The swimming pool had hoists with someone to operate them. There are Jacuzzi s and massage showers in the heated pool and a special spongy floor. I have never seen anything like it before, it is brilliant. The restaurant is very clean ant tidy with a good variety of food. A lot of it was catered for the large amount of German guests but it was nice to try other things. The mealtimes were more relaxing than I expected. My brother is a messy eater but this didn’t matter because no one bothered and you felt at ease. The rooms were very spacious and easy to get round in a wheelchair, also very clean and felt homely. The manager came round quite often to check that everything was ok and that you were happy with things. I strongly recommend coming to this hotel, it has a lovely atmosphere to it and very comfortable and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family